1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Luke Vandezande
Sep 04, 1:58 PM
AutoGuide

Despite not actually releasing any new facts, a swath of photos revealing the 2014 Volkswagen Golf just leaked to show the car inside and out.

Remaining recognizably a Golf, the car gets a revised front fascia and sharper lines to lend it a more aggressive look overall. The interior also seems to have moved upmarket with a cleaner cabin featuring piano black accents and a center console that angles toward the driver.

With the seventh generation, Volkswagen will migrate the Golf to its new MQB platform, which it shares with the Audi A3 among others. More small tweaks to the VW make that sharing especially evident, like the revised rear-end and side panel styling. For example, Volkswagen did away with the old rounded gas door in favor of an angled, square looking unit which further compliments the angle of the rear doors.

·
Registered
607 Posts
VW has always done a great job with this car. It's the original pocket-rocket with a straight forward, two-box design and a roomy and high quality interior. It always amazed me that the Big Three never got this right, it's so simple.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Interior does not look bad, I am still not a fan of VW's current exterior design though

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
the thing I've always liked best about the dubdub 5-door is how the C-pillar flows on down the side like a sheetmetal ribbon

the (new) Fiesta sorta-almost does this except
it's messed up by the tail light

not that I think Ford's need that kind of simple, elegant, Bauhaus style TLs ... which remind me soooo much of the Milan

(the Milan's were better)

·
Registered
761 Posts
the thing I've always liked best about the dubdub 5-door is how the C-pillar flows on down the side like a sheetmetal ribbon

the (new) Fiesta sorta-almost does this except
it's messed up by the tail light

not that I think Ford's need that kind of simple, elegant, Bauhaus style TLs ... which remind me soooo much of the Milan

(the Milan's were better)
I really dislike the tail lights on the Fiesta sedan. The one bulb wonder (using one bulb for brake, turn signal and driving light) is so old school. Should be and could be so much more interesting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts