Ford Inside News banner

2015-2016 MKZ Useless info

6K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  2b2 
#1 ·
Totally Useless but people on the MKZ forum noticed the stubby antenna on the BAMR models is gone. Looks like Ford finally figured out how to fix that.

This picture is on lincoln.com but some have spotted them on dealer lots without the stubby antenna.

See less See more
#3 ·
My MKX has a small, flat, square dome on the rear liftgate 'spoiler' that houses all the antennae. I suppose it only works because the spoiler is plastic, though.
Well all MKZs have those too on the trunk lid but if you had the BAMR then you would get an ugly antenna on the rear side which drew some criticism:

Ford finally figured out how to get rid of it on the BAMR models.

#4 ·
I'm pretty sure that was eliminated early on after (rightful) criticism. I'm not sure what was up with that but I assume they had an engineering failure or budget problem that blocked the solution that would come later (or they simply miscalculated). For such a good looking car it had a ton of problems at launch, they need to write a book on it, ha.

#7 ·
I'm pretty sure that was eliminated early on after (rightful) criticism. I'm not sure what was up with that but I assume they had an engineering failure or budget problem that blocked the solution that would come later (or they simply miscalculated). For such a good looking car it had a ton of problems at launch, they need to write a book on it, ha.
13s and 14s had the antenna so this is pretty recent. Also some shots on lincoln.com still show the stubby antenna. lincoln.com needs some reworking IMO.

#8 ·
Saw the new MKZ a couple days ago. Front end reminds me of the Jaguar XF. Headlamps are significantly different from the current model. Bigger, more detailed, not just a single lamp. Rear changes are minimum. Interior was covered so couldn't see the changes.
is this a good portent^^^^^^^?

should I get excited?

#10 ·
Totally Useless but people on the MKZ forum noticed the stubby antenna on the BAMR models is gone. Looks like Ford finally figured out how to fix that.
Not completely useless ... shows some progress. ;) LOL

Cort :) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"This might not be good" __ Chris Cagle __ 'What Kind Of Gone?'

#11 ·
Well all MKZs have those too on the trunk lid but if you had the BAMR then you would get an ugly antenna on the rear side which drew some criticism:

Ford finally figured out how to get rid of it on the BAMR models.
No not a dome like that. Like 8" x 8" x 0.5", square. No other protuberances on the vehicle at all. The antennae on the Z probably resides entirely under that black piece above the deck lid now.

#12 ·
I purchased my 2015 MKZ Hybrid with the BAMR a few months ago...their are a few other changes too...

The lithium battery pack is slightly smaller (more trunk room now) but has the same output as before. Also, you can now drive up to 85mph and pure electric power before the gas engine chimes in.

#13 ·
I purchased my 2015 MKZ Hybrid with the BAMR a few months ago...their are a few other changes too...

The lithium battery pack is slightly smaller (more trunk room now) but has the same output as before. Also, you can now drive up to 85mph and pure electric power before the gas engine chimes in.
I think the reflash fixes that for 13-14 models too cause it will kick to full eletric on mine when I am on the highway too.

#18 ·
^ Jose doesn't seem be around at the moment, Scford...

"PBC" is our shorthand for the Pebble Beach Concours,
part of a high-end car festival THIS weekend near Monterey, California

Lincoln has been sponsoring it for a while now, they intro'ed the [BlackLabel] program there 2 years ago
& we're hoping to see something new for/about the Continental

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.