Ford Inside News banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Official: 2015 Audi Q3 Compact SUV Coming to the U.S. This Fall
Carscoops.com

“Coming off the recent A3 family announcement we are now for the first time entering into the premium compact class of SUVs with the introduction of the Audi Q3 into our line-up,” said Scott Keogh, President, Audi of America. “Our growing SUV family will now offer three distinct products in the premium SUV category; and like the successful Q5 and Q7, the Q3 will continue with the established standards they started with regards to utility, technology, craftsmanship and performance.”

Standard Features

The Audi Q3 comes generously appointed with a long list of standard equipment, including:
• 200 hp 2.0-liter TFSI® engine with six-speed Tiptronic® transmission
• Panoramic sunroof with power retractable sunshade
• Audi xenon plus front lighting with LED DRLs and taillights
• Heated, 12-way power front seats
• Leather seating surfaces
• Audi advanced key

Read more and see more images......

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The competition for the 2015 MKC is here.

I think the MKC needs to offer a package without all the black trim to help it look more premium. But the MKC has the Q3 beat in power by 40hp even with the base engine.

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
The competition for the 2015 MKC is here.

I think the MKC needs to offer a package without all the black trim to help it look more premium. But the MKC has the Q3 beat in power by 40hp even with the base engine.
agree with you bloggin, maybe with the BL version they offer the MKC without the black trim

·
Registered
358 Posts
The list of available equipment falls short of what the MKC offers. Audi must not think someone who is buying a smaller model would want luxury features such as adaptive cruise control or cooled seats. Even on the Q5 you need to max out the trim level and pay well over $50k before these become available.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
I *really* dislike all those circling-creases OUTLINING the wheelwells
always reminds me of how little kids outline everything in a drawing in BLACK
(feel that way about "speshul bezels" around dash airvents TOO! - like treating the vents as ART/paintings...)

&
Bloggin said:
...I think the MKC needs to offer a package without all the black trim to help it look more premium.
anyoneELSE think a chrome rocker-panel OPTION could be good?

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
The list of available equipment falls short of what the MKC offers. Audi must not think someone who is buying a smaller model would want luxury features such as adaptive cruise control or cooled seats. Even on the Q5 you need to max out the trim level and pay well over $50k before these become available.
agree, the available equipment of the MKC is more than the q3, is more like the Q5 I think, the MKC should sell very well.......I want to travel again to US and drive one hahaha :joyous:

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
I'm under the impression the MKC's competition is the Q5, not the Q3.
By size the MK C compete against the Q3. The Q5 is very close in size to the MK X. By price, the things are different. Maybe you can buy a full optioned MK X by the same price of the smaller Q3. If you want an Audi, you need to pay more.

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
By size the MK C compete against the Q3. The Q5 is very close in size to the MK X. By price, the things are different. Maybe you can buy a full optioned MK X by the same price of the smaller Q3. If you want an Audi, you need to pay more.
agree with you falcon lover, I think the MKC is a Q3,X1 competitor and the MKX and Q5,GLK,X3 competitor

1 - 9 of 9 Posts