Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
This should be a big profit-maker for Buick, there doesn't appear to be too many changes from the Opel version.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Smart move for Buick; I have much more hope for Buick than Cadillac at this point. RWD is a selling point for some people, but in luxury (or near-luxury) circles, the whole package is what counts, and Buick knows its customers better than Cadillac knows its customers, no question about it.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Interesting, the Cascada (spanish for Waterfall) is the only Buick without a waterfall grille. So the new car is a Waterfall without a waterfalll....

Is a shame. This car is all about glamour and pleasure. The waterfall grile is perfect for this kind of car. Maybe Buick doesnt want to invest money changing the front end of the car. No portholes at the hood...No waterfall grille.
This is not a Buick. Is a Vauxhall/Opel.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Yeah, it drives me nuts when one car of Buick's lineup has a different grille. It would have been so easy to change. But besides that it should do well.

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
Interesting, the Cascada (spanish for Waterfall) is the only Buick without a waterfall grille. So the new car is a Waterfall without a waterfalll....

Is a shame. This car is all about glamour and pleasure. The waterfall grile is perfect for this kind of car. Maybe Buick doesnt want to invest money changing the front end of the car. No portholes at the hood...No waterfall grille.
Rather ironic that it's not even called the Cascada in Spain. There it's simply the Cabrio.

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

most Buicks are rebadge Opels

·
Registered
388 Posts
So, it is ok for Buick to blatantly rebadge the Opel as a Buick, but if a Lincoln has 1 button that is the same as it's Ford platform mate, it sucks ass??

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
So, it is ok for Buick to blatantly rebadge the Opel as a Buick, but if a Lincoln has 1 button that is the same as it's Ford platform mate, it sucks ass??
Throw the word "badge-job" around, it will be sure to make the usual Lincoln-detractors squirm.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Buick is a mid-level, entry-lux brand, is that how you see Lincoln? I think Lincoln is aiming higher, and as such shouldn't we expect better from them, yes?

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Buick is a mid-level, entry-lux brand, is that how you see Lincoln? I think Lincoln is aiming higher, and as such shouldn't we expect better from them, yes?
Buick/Cadillac fans are the ones who hierarchically place Buick at the same level as Lincoln, so yes, they should expect better from their brand.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
The Buick fans are the ones who mentally place Buick at the same level as Lincoln, so no, they do not expect better.
It really doesn't matter what a GM fan thinks, nor does it really matter what a Ford fan thinks. What matters is that Ford sees Lincoln as a true premium brand and as such more should be expected of Lincoln than Buick. Yes?

·
Registered
287 Posts
It's less bad to rebadge an Opel, which is about the same luxury- level as a Buick, than it is to badge a non luxury Ford as a luxury Lincoln. But Lincoln's most recent offerings are definitely getting there, if they aren't indeed already.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
It really doesn't matter what a GM fan thinks, nor does it really matter what a Ford fan thinks. What matters is that Ford sees Lincoln as a true premium brand and as such more should be expected of Lincoln than Buick. Yes?
Yes..., but why does Buick get a free pass? This car will easily reach premium/luxury pricing, competing with offerings from BMW and Audi.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Yes..., but why does Buick get a free pass? This car will easily reach premium/luxury pricing, competing with offerings from BMW and Audi.
1. Buick is one step below where Lincoln expects to be so yes, they're going to have lower expectations on them.
2. Seriously, who gives a single F'ck about Buick?
3. In case I haven't mentioned it already, who gives a f'ck about Buick?

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
1. Buick is one step below where Lincoln expects to be so yes, they're going to have lower expectations on them.
2. Seriously, who gives a single F'ck about Buick?
3. In case I haven't mentioned it already, who gives a f'ck about Buick?
I give a "f'ck" about Buick, I love the brand. I'd like to see a full-size Buick sedan in the near future.

·
Registered
388 Posts
China??

Yes, I do realize that expectations for Lincoln are higher. The problem being the hypocrisy involved. Lincoln gets skewered if the proportions are similar. This Opel to Buick is a rebadge in the worst sense of the word, where literally the only changes are a Buick badge on the front and rear, and in the wheel centers. Yet, those on GMI are fawning all over themselves.

I'm trying to figure out how many 80+ buyers will be looking at the Cascada (sounds like Chicada, which is an irritating bug). Yes, I do see some younger people in the little roller skate Buick, but the vast majority of them are senior citizens. I just don't know how many senior citizens are pining for a Buick convertible coupe. Probably a lot less than a Buick Sports Sedan (Regal). I may be wrong, and often am, but I see this Vert being a similar flop to the Regal.

·
Registered
287 Posts
China??

Yes, I do realize that expectations for Lincoln are higher. The problem being the hypocrisy involved. Lincoln gets skewered if the proportions are similar. This Opel to Buick is a rebadge in the worst sense of the word, where literally the only changes are a Buick badge on the front and rear, and in the wheel centers. Yet, those on GMI are fawning all over themselves.

I'm trying to figure out how many 80+ buyers will be looking at the Cascada (sounds like Chicada, which is an irritating bug). Yes, I do see some younger people in the little roller skate Buick, but the vast majority of them are senior citizens. I just don't know how many senior citizens are pining for a Buick convertible coupe. Probably a lot less than a Buick Sports Sedan (Regal). I may be wrong, and often am, but I see this Vert being a similar flop to the Regal.
I can actually imagine a fair amount of upper middle class retirees wanting a convertible. Now that I think about it, this Cascada is the direct spiritual descendent of the Chrysler Sebring convertible... the official car of Michael Scott!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts