Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 Dodge Charger Debuts At 2014 New York Auto Show

Dodge has unveiled the dramatically revised 2015 Charger at this week's New York Auto Show. By its own admission, the company has reworked just about every body panel on the car, so while similar under the skin the new Charger projects a very different image. Many of the car's styling tweaks are influenced by the smaller Dodge Dart. Both the blacked-out grille and the projector-equipped headlights are slimmer, the latter now laden with distinctive C-shaped LED daytime running lights. The front bumper has been revised, incorporating separate LED running light units, and the hood has also been redesigned

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1091466_2015-dodge-charger-debuts-at-2014-new-york-auto-show

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
I actually think it looks great! Far better than the outgoing model!!

Edit: from directly in front or back it looks great, in profile and the interior it's still hideous.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
imho the new front just doesn't go with the currents sides
think it'd be OK if they had the budget to change sheetmetal

also I believe they're going to be playiing with different special-edition-mods for the front
...like painted &or bright-metal for parts...
trying to come up with something that works
Ibet the easily-changed parts won't be the same a year from now

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imho the new front just doesn't go with the currents sides
think it'd be OK if they had the budget to change sheetmetal

also I believe they're going to be playiing with different special-edition-mods for the front
...like painted &or bright-metal for parts...
trying to come up with something that works
Ibet the easily-changed parts won't be the same a year from now
I agree with you 2b2, the front doesn't go well with the side, the back looks good but they ruined the car with those headlights!

·
Registered
761 Posts
I really like the new front with led drl also the new rear treatment. I have to agree with '2b2' that they should have addressed the profile, it looks dated imho. Now about that 4dr Mustang chop; I hope they build it but it should not look like, nor should it carry the name of Mustang. Give it to Lincoln, they could use a dynamite rwd coupe/sedan.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Works for me, I really love the headlights! Grille looks good to me too, it's jut the black shiny bumper bit that is throwing me off, but overall I think it's just fine. And I really want this car to do well; there's no hope for other RWD mid-market cars if Chrysler can't make it with the Charger.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Works for me, I really love the headlights! Grille looks good to me too, it's jut the black shiny bumper bit that is throwing me off, but overall I think it's just fine. And I really want this car to do well; there's no hope for other RWD mid-market cars if Chrysler can't make it with the Charger.
I believe that that heavy black front design will be toned down in other trim levels of the Charger. I expect to see chrome trim on the "cross hairs", etc. (at least I hope so anyway...)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Still trying to turn a sow's ear into a silk purse, eh Dodge? Car handles like a pig. And what's with that front end? Totally wrong for that car.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I like it. We'll see how sales go but adding the 8 speed automatic across the board can only help sales not to mention the beautiful new interior.

Did I read correctly that AWD is not an option with the Hemi just yet? If I was to choose the Charger over the Challenger, it would be because the sedan offers AWD and the coupe doesn't.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts