Ford Inside News banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Who else isn't that excited about the Edge?

Since it occupies a very small niche between the Escape and Explorer, Ford had an excellent opportunity to make a more traditional, rugged, sportsman's crossover. The Edge concept makes it seem like the new Edge will simply be another family crossover.
While I would love to see Ford resurrect the Bronco into a modern rugged utility vehicle. I'm very excited about the new Edge. I've said this before; at this years Houston Auto Show of all the cars, trucks, utility vehicles I had the chance to experience, the Ford Edge was by far the most comfortable of them all. I also think it will be a good looking crossover, and yes, another family crossover.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
That video was complete garbage - distorted, cropped, badly stabilized, low resolution, even the photos were distorted. It's amazing how bad amateur footage tends to be when it's so easy to do it right now. At least it's not portrait video *sighs*

As for the Edge, I'm really excited for the new car and I certainly don't want it turned into a Bronco just because I have the option of an Escape (too small/cheap) or Explorer (Too big/family utilitarian). The Edge is as close to a Jeep Grand Cherokee that Ford is going to get and the new car is a little closer to that type of look and I'm glad to see that.

Since the MKX is going on a 1-year hiatus, I will have the choice between an MKC or an Edge, and quite honestly the new Edge is a better luxury vehicle and will likely cost the same. And besides, the MKC doesn't have the large opening Vista roof of the next-Edge, which is actually the main reason I won't consider the MKC at this point.

Now I'm not a huge fan of the front-end of the Edge, which looks a little like the Explorer with that oversized grill and protruding lower fascia. Wish Ford would figure out something else up there.

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
2015 Edge Testing in Europe - Lots of New Images!
AutoEvolution

Compared to the pre-production vehicle spotted in September 2013 bearing Michigan license plates, the car spotted in Europe is a little bit more revealing thanks to the not so over-the-top camouflage. So what is there to be expected from the upcoming Volkswagen Touareg rival? For starters, it's underpinned by the same Ford DC4 global platform shared with the Fusion/Mondeo and the upcoming S-Max people carrier.

According to Stephen Odell, Ford executive VP of Europe, Middle East and Africa, the second-generation Ford Edge "gives consumers in Europe a tantalising glimpse of the upscale Ford SUV experience that’s waiting just around the corner.” So clearly, this model will be marketed as a high quality, upmarket product.

Showcased by the Ford Edge Concept vehicle at the 2013 Los Angeles Motor Show, the production version of the SUV will sport a longer wheelbase and a longer overall length than its smaller brother, the Escape/Kuga. Thanks to the elongated chassis, the Edge will presumably offer seating for seven thanks to a three row configuration.

Read the full article and see the image gallery

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
"Thanks to the elongated chassis, the Edge will presumably offer seating for seven thanks to a three row configuration"

That's not happening. Edge will gain 1" in wheelbase that may offer better legroom in the rear, but will remain a upscale 5 passenger SUV.

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
2015 Edge Testing in Europe - Lots of New Images!
AutoEvolution

Compared to the pre-production vehicle spotted in September 2013 bearing Michigan license plates, the car spotted in Europe is a little bit more revealing thanks to the not so over-the-top camouflage. So what is there to be expected from the upcoming Volkswagen Touareg rival? For starters, it's underpinned by the same Ford DC4 global platform shared with the Fusion/Mondeo and the upcoming S-Max people carrier.

According to Stephen Odell, Ford executive VP of Europe, Middle East and Africa, the second-generation Ford Edge "gives consumers in Europe a tantalising glimpse of the upscale Ford SUV experience that’s waiting just around the corner.” So clearly, this model will be marketed as a high quality, upmarket product.

Showcased by the Ford Edge Concept vehicle at the 2013 Los Angeles Motor Show, the production version of the SUV will sport a longer wheelbase and a longer overall length than its smaller brother, the Escape/Kuga. Thanks to the elongated chassis, the Edge will presumably offer seating for seven thanks to a three row configuration.

Read the full article and see the image gallery
sorry Bloggin I didn't see this, I will delete the thread I posted :D

Edit: Done

I hope it doesn't get the full width taillight like the MKX

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Predict Edge Vignale to be shown at Paris Auto Show, alongside the Edge production model.
Finally going to be an Edge that looks good to my eyes.:clap:
Center stack looks the same as the S-Max camo'd mules recently seen.

Proper LED amber turn signals :clap:
View attachment 8538

Looks like the diesel variant being tested, with the downward angle exhaust.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
^^.....I think we should see a version of the 2015 Expedition and Everest Concept chrome bar across the back instead of a light bar.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
"Thanks to the elongated chassis, the Edge will presumably offer seating for seven thanks to a three row configuration"

That's not happening. Edge will gain 1" in wheelbase that may offer better legroom in the rear, but will remain a upscale 5 passenger SUV.
they might be talking about the SedgeMax...

...tho its 'chassis' won't grow any longer if it keeps the previous-&-current Mondusion's 112.2"
...o'course overhangs are a Nother thing

61 - 68 of 68 Posts