Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 Ford Mustang Convertible caught topless

The first snowflakes of the season are falling in the Detroit area, but Ford engineers are busy testing out the convertible version of 2015 Mustang. With the amount of camouflage Ford has been using to cover up the next-gen Mustang, it's quite possible we've already unknowingly seen the Mustang Convertible out and about, but this is our first clear look of the droptop model. As an added bonus, these spy shots show the Mustang Convertible with its top both up and down.
more at: http://www.autoblog.com/2013/10/25/2015-ford-mustang-convertible-spy-shots/

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Congrats on posting, LetsRace!

and
found something FASCINATING at M6g from member "pvc"...

...an online survey he was invited to take that appears it could be Ford researching potential S550 buyers' OPTION PREFERENCES
which *may* give insight to what WILL be offered!!

"pvc" took 15-or-16 screen captures
so
*15½

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

edit
I shrunk a lot of the info (minus the prices - which probably change anyway) into 2 jpg's

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

and

...an online survey he was invited to take that appears it could be Ford researching potential S550 buyers' OPTION PREFERENCES

so
*15½

edit
I shrunk a lot of the info (minus the prices - which probably change anyway) into 2 jpg's

Head up display for Lincoln vehicles first :toetap:

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^ GOOD Point, Jose!

tho I can understanding some exec thinking HUD is a 'sport' option
AND
I personally mind-LEAST Lincoln sharing anything with The Mustang
(+ considering I want the Mustang to share ITS PLATFORM with Lincoln!)
imho
they really need to "feed-the-sport" for Lincoln
&
esp
if all future Lincolns will move as well as the Z**
+
a feature like HUD should be STD not OPT on Lincolns
(with an off switch just in case of course)

** vroom vroom

edit/ps
re: the feature-option survey
of course the displacement of the engines is (deliberately?) off a tenth on each
BUT
think that 7-speed "manual" could be a DCT like we JUST saw mentioned Here
AND
thinking all the HP #'s are off too
BUT
wondering if the 2.3EB could actually have 2 (TWO) ratings:
- closer to 300hp STD
&
- closer to 350hp with the "GTDI Engine Performance Package"?
(ie not just Brembos)

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
I guess since the media had their day with the 2015 Mustang, it's ok to let the details out.

So a 2.4L I4 is coming. With more hp, torque and mph than the V6, its a nice option. And with push button start being standard, it will do much to deter vehicle theft, along with helping to lower the insurance rate for the Mustang overall. Being smaller, with a smoother ride and dropping 300+ lbs it should be fun to drive. All at $1k more than the previous generation.

·
The Spaminator
5,791 Posts
I guess since the media had their day with the 2015 Mustang, it's ok to let the details out.

So a 2.4L I4 is coming. With more hp, torque and mph than the V6, its a nice option. And with push button start being standard, it will do much to deter vehicle theft, along with helping to lower the insurance rate for the Mustang overall. Being smaller, with a smoother ride and dropping 300+ lbs it should be fun to drive. All at $1k more than the previous generation.
Push button start for the entire Mustang range?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts

Push button start for the entire Mustang range?
What I want to know is
-- you been holding out on us, Bloggin?
but even more!
-- is about that 2.4...
when EVERYthing has been saying 2.3
What's up with that?!?

·
Registered
620 Posts
I think the motor displacements have been altered to try and (ineffectively) disguise the vehicle.

Also...I have no idea why a start button is considered a big deal by some people. It doesn't really save any labor, yet car mags and what-not have fits over vehicles without them.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
I think the motor displacements have been altered to try and (ineffectively) disguise the vehicle.

Also...I have no idea why a start button is considered a big deal by some people. It doesn't really save any labor, yet car mags and what-not have fits over vehicles without them.
I agree on the displacements being altered and am hoping the output is too as I cannot understand the lost HP in the V6 nor the relatively low HP of a 2.3EB. I would expect the V6 to carry over at the same power numbers or better while the 2.3EB should be in the 340-350HP range IMO.

·
Registered
428 Posts

and

so
*15½

edit

Thanks 2b2! Great find btw. I see the new 10 speed and a lot of upmarket features. I can't wait for this new Mustang.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
3.8 liter V6 instead of a 3.7 (3721cc)?
A 4.9 liter V8 instead of a 5.0 (4951 cc)?
Why the change?
Thought the naturally aspirated engines are carryover or are re-tuned carryover engines? Hmmmm...

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^^ WB, LetsRace
^ I agree with Zan & SP1966 - just misdirection
[i]tho
that doesn't explain Bloggin saying 2.[b][u]4[/u][/b] ... typo?[/i]
&
afaik eventually all the EB engines will switch over to gen2 with in-head exhaust plumbing and get a power bump
[url=http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/55001-preliminary-10eb-epa-numbers/page-2#entry878313][u][b]HERE[/b][/u]'s a post at BON[/url] with several links to articles about EB plans

ps
the December [url=http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/9195/9mo1.jpg][b]Car and Driver[/b] has an [u]S550 rendering on its cover[/u][/url]
^ thanks to [b]bossman351[/b] @ BON

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Everything looks too puffy. As someone has pointed out, Ford MUST be keeping the foam business alive and well with this car. :lmao:

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Off-topic: In one of the online articles, they said that the 5.0 V8 might be for the North American market only, I hope that isn't true.
Although coupes are sort of a niche segment here in the Philippines (a segment that was once dead here but has been revived thanks to the Genesis Coupe, 86, Mustang etc), majority of the current gen Mustangs sold here are V8 GT models. I hope they continue to offer the V8 engine for export markets.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Off-topic: In one of the online articles, they said that the 5.0 V8 might be for the North American market only, I hope that isn't true. .
Agree, the fear of no 5.0L in Europe is probably one of the most talked about issues with the Mustang being launched over here.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts