Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Looks like an evolution of the current car. I'm still not a fan of the ultra-huge frowny wide-mouthed grilles from Ford but it might look better in aggregate once the car is fully unveiled. The Mustang still looks like a Mustang and really nothing at all like the EVOS concept, which is good. I'm not sure what that concept was actually hinting at but it wasn't the new Mustang.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
I like it... is a Mustang.. but... (here we go again...) those small indicators ligths low in the corners looks like a last minute adition to the car... dont looks integrated to the rest of the body.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Looks like an evolution of the current car. I'm still not a fan of the ultra-huge frowny wide-mouthed grilles from Ford but it might look better in aggregate once the car is fully unveiled. The Mustang still looks like a Mustang and really nothing at all like the EVOS concept, which is good. I'm not sure what that concept was actually hinting at but it wasn't the new Mustang.
Actually, if you look at all the lines in the EVOS front end they're all present on that Mustang, though the proportions are obviously different. There is more in common between the face of the EVOS and Mustang than there is between the EVOS and Fusion.

Personally I like the front end, it looks angry like any performance car should, yet it is unmistakably Mustang! As for the rest of the car I'm hoping for a broad shouldered look to the rear end rather than the somewhat subdued current car.

·
Registered
10,964 Posts
The only EVOS style that bleeds through a bit, is in the grill area. But then again, it does that for Fusion too.

New stang looks nothing like EVOS. At all. Forget EVOS. New mustang looks very much like current mustang with bulging fenders, a bit of the familio Fusion in the front and a lot like a 68 fast back in the rear.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
The only EVOS style that bleeds through a bit, is in the grill area. But then again, it does that for Fusion too.

New stang looks nothing like EVOS. At all. Forget EVOS.
Really? Look at it again, pretty much every line on the EVOS exists on the Mustang. Look at the details around the turn signal/driving lights, same shape and lines as the EVOS. Look at the grill, upper and lower, same as the EVOS. Yes the details have all been tweaked in a more Mustang way, but the EVOS language shines through on the Mustang to a greater extent than on the Fusion by a long shot.

·
Registered
10,964 Posts
Really? Look at it again, pretty much every line on the EVOS exists on the Mustang. Look at the details around the turn signal/driving lights, same shape and lines as the EVOS. Look at the grill, upper and lower, same as the EVOS. Yes the details have all been tweaked in a more Mustang way, but the EVOS language shines through on the Mustang to a greater extent than on the Fusion by a long shot.

Nope.
Not at all

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
No, you are debating with someone who has actually........wait for it........SEEN THE WHOLE THING!!!!
Not just a grill.

LOL,
but go ahead, believe they look identical if you like.
Reading comprehension is a bitch isn't it. I never said identical, I said that all the lines from the front of the EVOS are there, but adjusted on the that Mustang image. The Mustang as seen in the pics in this thread is closer to the EVOS than is the Fusion. Hopefully you'll read this very slow.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Nah, there really is nothing resembling the Evos in that Mustang face, and the shape of the rear-lights probably indicates nothing in the rear either. The new Mustang better resembles the current Mustang than the Evos.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
ok...no resemblance...
View attachment 5377
I think that is the Evos that looks like a Mustang! The first time i saw that concept , i think: this is the next Mustang!!! And, yes...is the next Mustang. The Fusion benefited with the Mustang-Evos design: the sculpted front fenders, the rear haunch... Yes, the next Mustang looks like the Evos, but that is not a bad thing.
Wings say that the whole thing will look more like the 67 Mustang... and that is not a bad thing, too.

I'm waiting for the Mustang debut on april 2014... with anxiety

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
ok...no resemblance...
View attachment 5377
Perfect!! LMAO

I think that is the Evos that looks like a Mustang! The first time i saw that concept , i think: this is the next Mustang!!! And, yes...is the next Mustang. The Fusion benefited with the Mustang-Evos design: the sculpted front fenders, the rear haunch... Yes, the next Mustang looks like the Evos, but that is not a bad thing.
Wnigs say that the hole thing will look more like the 67 Mustang... and that is not a bad thing, too.

I'm waiting for the Mustang debut on april 2014... with anxiety
I agree with the idea that the EVOS front end screams Mustang. But to suggest now that the details in the front end of the leaked images do not follow the EVOS is a special kind of denial. No other vehicle has all the detail lines like the Mustang does as shown by Topnotch, and he didn't even outline how the lower lip spoiler and lower facia are also spot on!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts