Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
From this shot:

You can see the Mustang will have heated AND cooled seats!

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
More buttons in place of MyFordTouch system. Dont like that. I love MFT and Sync. Why the customers cant adapt to the computers time?? I want a car witout buttons! the Tesla Model S is the kind of car i want...with a big, really big touch screen and no buttons.
The picture show almost nothing more than the central console and dash...

·
Registered
96 Posts
More buttons in place of MyFordTouch system. Dont like that. I love MFT and Sync. Why the customers cant adapt to the computers time?? I want a car witout buttons! the Tesla Model S is the kind of car i want...with a big, really big touch screen and no buttons.
The picture show almost nothing more than the central console and dash...
I suspect you are finally seeing the first application of the addition of buttons to a MyTouch screen. Got to play to their full audience for the new Stang

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I suspect you are finally seeing the first application of the addition of buttons to a MyTouch screen. Got to play to their full audience for the new Stang
F-150 has it like that also

·
Registered
997 Posts
Would there be too much distraction if a fixed "Mini-Mouse" of some kind was used instead of the touch-screen? This would also get rid of some of the buttons/controls.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I can't wait!

It looks like we'll see a premium interior for the Mustang.
If there is a premium Mustang then there is no need for a Lincoln based Mustang /negativeandrew

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Meh, kinda terrible and tacky. Looks like something that came from a 90's Pontiac. I think they are runing out of ways to mindlessly arrange buttons in new and interesting patterns. They just need a little more authenticity, less design gimmicks.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Meh, kinda terrible and tacky. Looks like something that came from a 90's Pontiac. I think they are runing out of ways to mindlessly arrange buttons in new and interesting patterns. They just need a little more authenticity, less design gimmicks.
That dash is terrible. Too much buttons. Who could say that this buttons are less distrcting than a touch screen?

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
That dash is terrible. Too much buttons. Who could say that this buttons are less distrcting than a touch screen?
I would. Once you've familiarized yourself with the layout of a button/knob based controls you rarely have to take your eyes off the road in order to use them. No matter how good the touch screens get they'll always require more attention to operate than buttons, knobs, and sliders. I realize the large touch screens are the future, but I think they need more tactile controls rather than continuing to be 100% touch.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I hope that this represent a lower trim level, and oddly enough those door panels look strangely familiar. Am I the only one to notice the switch over to a right handed wiper switch similar to what many of the imports utilize?

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I have an all-touch dash and the only thing I find lacking is the absence of a temperature knob or slider which is the one thing MyLincoln Touch doesn't handle well because the interface is too slow and unpredictable. The rest I'd rather use on the higher-up and more visible touch screen.

This is a really bad example of Mustang's tendency to be nostalgic and kitschy. Lets make the dash more colorful by adding fake plastic bumps, knobs, grilles, and switches and mash the buttons together in an unusable design because they are redundancies anyway.

The interior door handle comes from the Taurus and Explorer btw.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
I would. Once you've familiarized yourself with the layout of a button/knob based controls you rarely have to take your eyes off the road in order to use them. No matter how good the touch screens get they'll always require more attention to operate than buttons, knobs, and sliders. I realize the large touch screens are the future, but I think they need more tactile controls rather than continuing to be 100% touch.
Sorry. I think different. Those buttons, arranged in a little space , make difficult to operate them without put the eyes off the road. Only the big ones ( maybe the knobs for sound volume and fan speed).. the others are very small and are close together.

The voice commands, the steering controls and the touch screen in MyFordTouch are almost perfect. Maybe, the response time from the touch screen needs to be faster and need to have a tone to confirm the action, to be better. Perhaps Microsoft is not the better software supplier. I cant imagine that Apple would be able to make with a system like this.

The people need to get used to the 21st century computer systems in the car. They are here to stay

·
Registered
1,674 Posts

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts