Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
FIN Moderator
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

By Jeremy Korzeniewski
Posted Nov 15th 2012 2:28PM

Big things are headed your way, Mustang fans. Ford's iconic coupe is destined to get a modern dose of styling, based on the bodywork that graced the Evos concept car in 2011, to go along with its long-awaited independent rear suspension.

Hallelujah.

A new set of spy photos indicates that Ford is well into the development of the 2015 Mustang. Based on what little we can see underneath all that thick black camouflage, the new face really does share DNA with the Evos, not to mention the latest Ford Fusion, due in part to the shape of its grille.

It's also easy to see the influence of European pedestrian safety standards on the slope of the hood and height of the fascia. Everything behind the A pillars is covered with current-gen Mustang bodywork, though we do spot some interestingly unclad stampings surrounding the car's undercarriage.

Under the hood, the spy photographers note that there's less room for massive (and often forced-induction) V8 engines, though it does appear that the current 5.0-liter mill indeed fits inside. Barely. Which makes us ask this inevitable question: Is the world ready for Ford Mustang EcoBoost? We certainly are.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/11/15/2015-ford-mustang-mule-spotted-with-production-nose/

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Great find, N.R.!

tho some make fun of X-ray vision, imho a resemblance to the Car&Driver rendering's front end can be detected - tho sorta surprised a bit by how high the center-hood & grille are
AND how low the headlite-mesh is
I sure hope the hood just has extra padding to keep from giving to much away.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Clearly, the next Mustang is near identical to the concept car Evos. The first time i saw the Evos , i thought: this is the next Mustang... and i was not wrong. Isnt a bag thing, certainly. The Evos is a very good design... and have many Mustang classical cues

·
Registered
5,933 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you look. The mule still uses the 2012 fenders, and probably the hood as well. They have the 2015 bumper and header panel grafted on the front. They are testing the cars cooling, making sure the car is getting enough air. Too big an opening, hurts aero, too little, the engine or automatic trans could overheat.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Probably like the original, we get a "concept" at either LA or Detroit then the real thing just in time to pace the Indy 500.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Oh, so that's what the new Probe is gonna look like...
Trite. Whenever someone doesn't like a Mustang proposal they drag out the Probe.

Did the Probe have RWD or a V8? If it had it might have been a hit. The Fox bodies had as much "Mustang" cues as the Probe did.........or a 71 Mustang for that matter....not much BTW. On the flip side the Mustang II had more traditional cues. But, it's not the most beloved Mustang either, is it? I'd prefer it to be less generic than the Evos though.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Trite. Whenever someone doesn't like a Mustang proposal they drag out the Probe.

Did the Probe have RWD or a V8? If it had it might have been a hit. The Fox bodies had as much "Mustang" cues as the Probe did.........or a 71 Mustang for that matter....not much BTW. On the flip side the Mustang II had more traditional cues. But, it's not the most beloved Mustang either, is it? I'd prefer it to be less generic than the Evos though.
Hey, it's not like I mentioned the Mustang II...

But yeah, the Evos just didn't say 'Mustang' to me, and as a former Firebird/future Camaro owner, how hard is it gonna be to go huntin' for Mustangs when they don't even look like Mustangs anymore...?

·
Registered
254 Posts

But yeah, the Evos just didn't say 'Mustang' to me, and as a former Firebird/future Camaro owner, how hard is it gonna be to go huntin' for Mustangs when they don't even look like Mustangs anymore...?
It'll be the one IN FRONT of you! :clap:

·
Registered
5,028 Posts

To me, the Evos say Mustang in every line. In fact, Ford is < Mustanizing> the entire Ford line...

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I think the front cover from the fusion is throwing the visuals off a bit. I hope to see more Mustang heritage there.

Oh, the camaro's can keep hunting for old probes to race. Mustang owners will be too busy racing corvettes.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
We don't even know what it will look like and we already have people complaining. I am sure it will have plenty of Mustang cues in it. Such as the rear tail lights

1 - 20 of 30 Posts