Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
If that is accurate then I love everything about it except the back end. Not saying the back is bad, just not sure about it yet. Otherwise that is a home run, especially with the addition of IRS and the possibility of a little lost weight!!!

Edit: I cannot wait to see what Lincoln does with this platform!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit II: It's pretty clear if that is accurate they have cut 4-5" off the rear overhang, otherwise it doesn't appear any smaller to my eyes.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
I like it very much, but agree with you, maybe a different tail lights
Funny, I've just read the article and spent more time looking it over and that back end is already growing on me!! What really bothered me more than anything was the upturned tail light portion, but I'm coming around! It looks Mustang, yet it also looks modern and with the newer power plants on the way, wow, I'm drooling here!!!!

·
Registered
623 Posts
The rear end is so close to looking like a carry-over, I wonder if that's accurate. We'll see.

The rest of the info looks good, though...and I'm very curious about the "Mach 1" nameplate getting re-trademarked....

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Funny, I've just read the article and spent more time looking it over and that back end is already growing on me!! What really bothered me more than anything was the upturned tail light portion, but I'm coming around! It looks Mustang, yet it also looks modern and with the newer power plants on the way, wow, I'm drooling here!!!!
ZanatWork said:
The rear end is so close to looking like a carry-over, I wonder if that's accurate. We'll see...
I *hate* C&D's software (and so does my puter)

could either of you post a direct url to a rear pic? ...or 5?

edit
me & my puter DID manage to read the text...
...The design proc*ess has taken longer than the folks
at Ford would’ve hoped, we’re told, after the initial proposal was rejected
for not being Mustang enough. We imagine that it was a little too Euro-soft,
a little too much like the Evos...
I wonder if ^this^ could explain how J Mays said (way back when) that it was all/very new AND distinct from 'regular' Ford styling
ie that the Approvers changed their mind(s) and deliberately re-fitted much of the S197's styling to the new platform
((as I've said practically since the first spyshots!))

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I *hate* C&D's software (and so does my puter)

could either of you post a direct url to a rear pic? ...or 5?

edit
me & my puter DID manage to read the text...

I wonder if ^this^ could explain how J Mays said (way back when) that it was all/very new AND distinct from 'regular' Ford styling
ie that the Approvers changed their mind(s) and deliberately re-fitted much of the S197's styling to the new platform
((as I've said practically since the first spyshots!))
Here are some of the supposedly leaked Car and Driver images (renderings) of the '15 Mustang.

- http://www.worldcarfans.com/113102865124/2015-ford-mustang-leaked-from-all-angles

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I like what I see so far! I want to see those tail lights in action!

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
What an anti-climax moment!. Ford had to keep the secret until april 2014. Great disappointment

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
And i hate C&D for publish this horrible article. Watching the pictures, i think this is not the real thing. And i hope that horrible rear end is not the final one...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Early release sketches of iconic brands such as the mustang rarely if ever please die hearts of the brand for obvious reasons

Keep the faiths that the new car will please.

JMO

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Really, Ford needs to show the next Mustang to everyone before april 2014? Why? The 50 anniversary is a unique moment that wont come again... and the perfect time to show a new version of the iconic car. Why to spoil the magic leaking pictures or showing the car to the media?? Ford had other cars to fill the autoshows stands for the next months: Los Angeles: the production version of the MK C, the next Edge (in a concept form, maybe...). Detroit: the next F-150 pickup, the refreshed Navigator and Expedition. A MK X concept? . New York: The next Mustang, and only this car. New York must be for the 50 anniversary Mustang. The big party. Is a crazy idea to show the car in december. Why???? Where???? I disagree.

I dont want to see more of the next Mustang. And i suspect that no fan wants it. However, i and a lot of Ford-Lincoln fans really wants is to see more of the upcoming Lincolns: renders, sketches, teaser images of the new Lincolns... new design and style ideas, new interior materials and sketches (even if those are not the final ones... or not perfect accurate to the real thing). That could be a good things to keep the interest in the Lincoln rebuild.

Ford is completly wrong with the media strategy. I`m very angry today....

·
Registered
532 Posts
Isn't this the 2014.5 model? With more updates coming in April? Or am I wrong? Either way. I like the front alot, and the overall body. Idk about the rear just yet.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I don't want another car that looks like a Taurus/Fusion from the front.....

A Mustang should have Distinct look.... from the front.. yes, it still has some hints of mustang, but I see Taurus and Fusion based headlights/grill... I just don't get the need..... The back needs to retain 3 bar ta.. like it's heritage.. but hopefully something fresher than what is disclosed here...

My 2 Cents,

Musclford

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Early release sketches of iconic brands such as the mustang rarely if ever please die hearts of the brand for obvious reasons

Keep the faiths that the new car will please.

JMO
You are exactly right!!

And guys . . . the 2015 Mustang will be unveiled in Detroit next January, not in April 17th (Mustang's official 50th birthday)

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
All this could mean that Ford can cancel the invitation to Car & Driver to the event where Ford will show the new Mustang, because C&D already has all the information!!! Change the invitation for another magazine...:tongue:

And unveil the next Mustang at Detroit autoshow is a wrong move, too. That autoshow should be dedicated to the F- series debut.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I like it a lot but I have some doubts that this is the actual real thing. First it doesn't have the twin bubble roof and the interior is the same as the current car. My other doubts come from the article itself where it says that the new car will have the trinity V8. I'm sorry but from the spy shots under the hood, there is no way this baby can take that enormous 5.8l V8. I will remain skeptic until Ford reveals the car and I have no doubt that it will be awesome.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts