Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 Ford Mustang renders reveal look of the real thing

This is, according to the pony-car obsessed kids over at Mustang6G.com, the closest, most accurate rendering of the new, 2015 Ford Mustang to date. Artis Chazcron used a combination of Ford CAD images and information from assorted spy shots to assemble a fairly handsome car, albeit one that conforms to the tired cliché of being more evolutionary than revolutionary
more photos at: http://www.autoblog.com/2013/10/15/2015-ford-mustang-renders-look-like-real-thing/

edit--------------------------

Here's the official thread @ Mustang6g.com

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Too bland. It needs more attitude and presence.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I think it will be lower to the ground, that rendering looks way too high up.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
- It is supposedly a render of the base model which will be bland.
- From some of the spy shots the headlights are wrong, they appear to angle up and outward rather than having a flat upper edge as in the render, that alone will make the car more aggressive.
- I like how they've integrated the rear quarter window with the front window, a nice change.
- It's missing the hockey stick that is traditional to the classic Mustang. Not an entirely bad thing.
- All the talk of it looking more like a '67 is wrong if this render is correct. Yes the fastback reaches further back, but that about it.
- On the bright side it does look more upscale, more European sports car and less boy racer pony car.
- On the down side with the upcoming(?) LincStang it didn't really need to move out of the boy racer pony car segment.

Overall if this is correct then I'm pretty meh about it, not excited, not overly disappointed. Good, not great. Or more apropos, a horse a piece!

·
Registered
997 Posts
Based on what we see so far, I'm mixed on the design and not in a good way. Mays isn't cutting it(again) based on this rendering but hopefully the real deal is better. I still think there needs to be a notchback to compliment the sportsback. Isn't that what the original Mustang was all about? To please everyone and be at home on the racetrack as well as the country club. A notchback Mustang would fill a void being it has been made clear (many times) that we are not getting a new Thunderbird anytime in the future.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I could go either way here, it looks bland in the render but it could also turn out to be quite slick and classy in its final form. It looks every bit a Mustang, which may or may not float the boat for allot of people. Some of the proportions are odd to me here, so hopefully it comes together in the end. Expectations are probably a little high on this car, but in the end it's really a rework of an existing car and platform, it's not a ground-up new car so it's going to resemble the current car one way or another.

The Evos was mostly a design study for Ford corporate, not the Mustang. The Evos was really inspired by the Fusion, I never expected the Mustang to look like it.

·
Registered
623 Posts
That render make me think "bland" and "Asian" more than "Mustang".

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
I hope and i know that the real thing will be better than this render. This car is as exiting as a Honda Accord sedan in white :facepalm:

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
I'll wait for the reveal.
as will we all

:toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap:

and
imho a lot of chazcron's talented work is technically correct as well as beautiful
BUT
misses at getting across the 3D shape and size of the new Stang in the 2D renderings
( I never trusted the "Head Designer's" claims about the S550's styling,
and quite some time ago started wondering-in-print if it'd actually look more like a revised current gen stretched/shrunk over very new hardpoints...
...I commend TampaBear's MS Paint endeavors to illustrate this:
imho merely update-looking UNTIL color is applied... unauthorized tweak)

here's a comparo by topnotch @ Mustang6g

that imho
shows the real car will have a more 'projectile' feel to the front*

also (purely imho)
the back end will be SHAPED closer to the Evos, with a curve/slant coming up from the bumper into a strong horizontal indent** Evos chop

interestingly, the rear-quarter window covering the B-pillar has become widely used in chops/renderings THO AFAIK photos have not yet shown***
(&
I'm not convinced about no side scoop/"C"****)

aster*x = my chopped fixations that are at least as much dreamed up as derived from pix
some of which may have been first-out

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
This certainly lacks a bit of oomph, but it still is getting me excited to see the new Mustang! I am far from a hardcore ponycar fan, but for some reason this new Mustang has my attention. I'd LOVE to see it do well in Europe, as I have no doubt it will continue on as a success in the US.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
I'll be taking 2b2's lead and wait for the unveil of the real thing as well before issuing any final verdict. That said the rendering (whether it is indeed 100 percent accurate or not) is very close to what has been seen on test cars but unfortunately as a few other posters here have mentioned it does lack visual presence and oomph. I liked the EVOS as a concept but to me the transition to production has reduced its visual presence somewhat which could be troubling for some mustang fans. However I will reiterate and say that this is only a rendering albeit a very close rendering but a rendering all the same and as such should be treated with a grain of salt until more compelling evidence surfaces out in the wild.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I don't like what I see so far, it looks more like an update to the current one than an all new design.
My thoughts exactly, I'll have to hold judgment until the new Mustang is released. Nice job with the rendering though.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Looking again at the render along with the previous spy shots of the unhidden front end it is clear the render does capture the basics while not fully capturing the aggressiveness of the new design. If you turn up the angry a couple notches I think it's going to be great! The more I look at it I like that they've, at least for now, left the hockey stick behind in favor of cleaner profile. I've read on another forum that someone who's claimed to have seen the real thing say that the render is accurate though it doesn't catch some of its curves. I was expecting, and am still hoping for sexier, more muscular rear haunches than the render shows and the claimed insiders quote leads me to believe it will have them!

Another thing in that render that throws it off is the grill is to far forward and looking at the spy shots it's clear the grill will be deeper set into the opening which itself gives a more aggressive appearance!

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Here's a response rendering to the images that went viral today showing what is claimed to be data screenshots of the 2015 Mustang. As followers of this blog know, this car has been my most anticipated upcoming release for the last two years. The renderings posted on MustangG6 left much to be desired in the Musclular department, often being compared to a previous gen Accord coupe. That's not to be taken lightly. Although my rendering is based on a 2013 Shelby Super snake, I believe it to accurately capture the character of the Anniversary Mustang. Many of the details such as the grill dividers are visible in the spy-photos and are not my creation.

http://lacolladesign.blogspot.com/2013/10/no-room-for-error.html#more

This is more along the lines of what I'm expecting. It remains a little to close to the current 'Stang for my tastes as I was hoping for more of a reinterpretation than refresh. Still pretty awesome considering how much better of a car it's going to be along with the fact that we still have the LinCougar coming!!

Sorry 2B2, I had to abandon your LincStang moniker for a more traditional second nameplate Mustang!!

:-(

Edit: I really love the almost Cobra like separation between the hood bulge and fenders!

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^ TY for pic
&
:lollypop:

Ford offers auto writers a look at redesigned Mustang next week - Reuters
By Paul Lienert

Oct 16 - The long wait will be over soon for hard-core Mustang fans: Ford Motor Co plans to unveil the next-generation 2015 Mustang later this year, several months ahead of the car's 50th anniversary, and has invited auto writers for a sneak peek next week...

...The automaker has invited small numbers of automotive writers, including European media, to its Dearborn headquarters for a sneak preview of the new Mustang, beginning next week, several sources said.

The writers have agreed not to reveal details of the car until Ford gives the nod -- but embargoes on new car models are routinely broken, so the first photos of the 2015 Mustang could leak ahead of the car's formal debut in December...

·
FIN Moderator
2,106 Posts
^ TY for pic
&
:lollypop:

Ford offers auto writers a look at redesigned Mustang next week - Reuters
By Paul Lienert

Oct 16 - The long wait will be over soon for hard-core Mustang fans: Ford Motor Co plans to unveil the next-generation 2015 Mustang later this year, several months ahead of the car's 50th anniversary, and has invited auto writers for a sneak peek next week...

...The automaker has invited small numbers of automotive writers, including European media, to its Dearborn headquarters for a sneak preview of the new Mustang, beginning next week, several sources said.

The writers have agreed not to reveal details of the car until Ford gives the nod -- but embargoes on new car models are routinely broken, so the first photos of the 2015 Mustang could leak ahead of the car's formal debut in December...
That's not fair!

·
Registered
2,270 Posts

This is more along the lines of what I'm expecting. It remains a little to close to the current 'Stang for my tastes as I was hoping for more of a reinterpretation than refresh. Still pretty awesome considering how much better of a car it's going to be along with the fact that we still have the LinCougar coming!!

Sorry 2B2, I had to abandon your LincStang moniker for a more traditional second nameplate Mustang!!

:-(

Edit: I really love the almost Cobra like separation between the hood bulge and fenders!
This rendering is so much better. I guess Ford is showing the Mustang off to the press early, to counter the weak design images of the first rendering.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts