Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 LA Auto Show Offer 50 Debuts
Leftlane | September 3, 2015

This year's Los Angeles auto show will play host 30 world debuts and another 20 North American debuts, the show's organizers announced on Thursday.

No longer a small fry on the auto show circuit, 2015 will mark the LA show's second consecutive year with at least 30 world premiers. However, the show's planned 20 North American debuts are down from the 30 NA unveilings that occurred at the 2014 edition of the LA auto show.

Among those world debuts will be Infiniti's compact QX30 crossover, the production version of Jaguar's F-PACE utility vehicle and Hyundai's all-new Elantra compact. Alfa Romeo, BMW, Bentley, Fiat, Ford, General Motors, Honda, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, MINI, Mitsubishi, Porsche, Subaru and Volkswagen have also confirmed premieres for the LA show.

Although unconfirmed, vehicles likely to make their first appearance at the LA show include the Mazda CX-9 and Fiat 124 Spider.

The 2015 Los Angeles auto show will open its doors to the media on November 18.

Read more: http://www.leftlanenews.com/2015-la-auto-show-to-host-50-vehicle-introductions-89565.html#ixzz3kgSFcGyr

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is this where we will see the refreshed 2017 Fusion, Fusion Hybrid, Fusion Energi, New Fusion St and refreshed 2017 Escape?

Then there is the C-Max Hybrid/Energi that is due for the European refresh. CA is the plug in capital, so it would be the best location to show the refreshed C-Max Hybrid and Energi models...if they are still happening.

With every automaker incramentally improving battery chemistry, density/power, EV range, it's about time Ford did something to improve their electrified vehicles.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I am planning to be at the LAIAS and I am hoping to see the production level Lincoln Continental. If not I will settle for the concept.

It was at the LAIAS that both the 2009 MKS and 2013 MKS production models were revealed.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I think the continental might debut here! It's launch is early spring so right now would be about right. This also allows the to debut Mkz at a small event then debut fusion at Detroit. I think Escape is what Ford is going to debut.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
At Ford, the Fusion and Escape seem like good candidates for debuts.

At Lincoln, I would lean more toward the refreshed MKZ debuting rather than the Continental.

·
Registered
74 Posts

At Lincoln, I would lean more toward the refreshed MKZ debuting rather than the Continental.
Since the refreshed MKZ is to favor the design of the Continental, I believe that the Continental will be revealed first with the new design followed by the refreshed MKZ.

·
Registered
114 Posts

Since the refreshed MKZ is to favor the design of the Continental, I believe that the Continental will be revealed first with the new design followed by the refreshed MKZ.
I agree the Continental should set the tone for Lincoln why not show that off first. I just wanna see something from Lincoln even if they don't debut the Conti at least give us some specs info.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I'm assuming they want to stagger the new Lincoln launches with Continental ahead of MKZ and MKZ not at the same time as Fusion. Continental probably should be ahead of MKZ because they share a look and they would probably prefer to lead that with their flagship. Lincoln typically avoids major debuts in LA however, California is a small market for Lincoln with very few standalone dealerships (actually I can find only one in San Diego). Lincoln typically reserves the big debuts for Detroit or New York so that's what I'm expecting for Continental, that's their core market.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Just my thoughts...probably completely off.

LA...Escape, Fusion, MKZ, Hybrid concept
Detroit...Continental, Fusion ST, F150 Lightning concept
NY...Concept Navigator or Expedition. MKZ Red label, Sub-compact CUV concept

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
I'm assuming they want to stagger the new Lincoln launches with Continental ahead of MKZ and MKZ not at the same time as Fusion. Continental probably should be ahead of MKZ because they share a look and they would probably prefer to lead that with their flagship. Lincoln typically avoids major debuts in LA however, California is a small market for Lincoln with very few standalone dealerships (actually I can find only one in San Diego). Lincoln typically reserves the big debuts for Detroit or New York so that's what I'm expecting for Continental, that's their core market.
I agree with this. I highly doubt Lincoln will allow their new new look to debut on an update rather than the debut of their top of the line vehicle. For this reason I fully expect LA to be a boring show for Lincoln fans with the Continental debuting in Detroit and MKZ likely for NY, or they could make everybody miserable and hold them both for NY.

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ford has one debut(or debuts from Ford) listed for the LA Auto Show.

With the Continental set for NAIAS in January, it makes sense for Lincoln to show the refreshed MKZ(Fusion) in LA to get it out of the way, before the long year long marketing blitz for the New Continental. Especially since both offer a hybrid variant, and the Fusion offers a plug-in model....this is LA we are talking about.....the hybrid plug-in sales capital of the US.

What would be a nice surprise would be for the MKZ to get a plug, and both with updated longer range battery packs. I mention this because the New Continental has to offer some sort or electrified technology, especially since China has begun their push for electric vehicles and plug-in sales are now higher than in the US.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I don't feel like ford is really investing as much as some think in alternative drivetrains. I don't expect any model outside the mkz to offer a hybrid version, not anytime soon at least.

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't feel like ford is really investing as much as some think in alternative drivetrains. I don't expect any model outside the mkz to offer a hybrid version, not anytime soon at least.
Ford has been really quiet about vehicle electrification over the past year. Nothing new, no updates to current tech, just trying to launch their old tech in other countries. Old tech that's been outdone by several of the competition already.

But I think the dollars what would have been spent on updates for the battery/drivetrain tech for the Focus Electric are hopefully being poured into a 200 mile EV replacement to move that along quicker.

However, it seems to not make any sense that we don't have a MKZ plug-in hybrid, with all the engineering already done for the Fusion Energi. Lincoln dealerships are already EV certified to be able to sell the hybrid.

Why there is no New Edge or New MKX hybrid or plug-in, I expect is due to the launch of the new electrification system, along with an e-AWD system for the SUVs and the sedans. Besides the fact that Hybrid/plug-in hybrid and EV sales have slowed, with many consumers pausing until the next gen 200 mile EVs at $30k hit the market, that will change everything.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I expected to see the Escape at LA, maybe the Fusion. I currently only see one debut for Ford so likely just the Escape. Nothing listed for Lincoln so they may be waiting until Detroit to show the Conti and then MKZ maybe at NY.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I am going to agree with those who think that the MKZ will be first, and maybe debut at LA. The Continental Concept set the stage already and debuted the new face for Lincoln, so it would make sense to get the MKZ out ahead of the production Continental so that when the Conti hits showrooms the sedans all share the same face. Not to mention, look at how long 2016 MKZs have been selling, and imagine how late in 2016 the 17 MKZ would hit showrooms if it waits until after Continental. That said there is no debut scheduled for Lincoln per the announced debuts, so we may see nothing! I'm just really curious to see the new face on the MKZ, perhaps even more so than seeing the production Continental.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts