Ford Inside News banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New 2015 Lincoln MKC is first with MyLincolnMobile remote-control app
Techhive

One of the cars we want to see at NAIAS in Detroit next week is the 2015 Lincoln MKC. Announced in December and due out this summer, it's the first car from the Ford Motor Company to have a remote-control app for basic car functions. Up to now, only the small number of plug-in cars that use MyFord Mobile to manage their charge have had any sort of remote control.

The MyLincoln Mobile app will, of course, let you lock and unlock the car remotely and control heating and cooling in real time—common features for the remote-control apps currently out there. What's new and really cool (no pun intended) is that MyLincoln Mobile also lets you schedule an engine-start and climate control. If you know you're leaving work at 5:30 and your car's been baking in the office parking lot all day, you can make sure the car is properly cooled before you ever climb in.

Read more.....

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Enough with the MyLincoln****** crap. Classy it is not.
+1

This sounds REALLY gimmicky. Luxury brands seem to be coming up with a lot of gimmicky stuff in the race for technological superiority.

·
Registered
607 Posts
This vehicle looks great! I can't wait for it to hit the showrooms.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
People are such wimps these days! Next they'll want the car to automatically drive up to the front of the office/store, to pick them up. Pixar had it right in the movie Wall-E...people will soon just be big lumps that don't move or experience anything.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
People are such wimps these days! Next they'll want the car to automatically drive up to the front of the office/store, to pick them up. Pixar had it right in the movie Wall-E...people will soon just be big lumps that don't move or experience anything.
In that case, don't buy a car and walk or ride your horse.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
Horse riding is getting too cushy, with saddles, stirrups, and reins.
LOL.

Funny stuff.

But honestly, not only do most people not need this crap, they barely use it when they do. It’s more about having something that the other guy has or just beating them to market. Yeah, Android phones do a lot. Most people don’t us a fraction of the features or customization it offers. That is why so many just go back to an iphone. Simplicity first.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Meh.....what's the big fuss that Lincoln now has this. Seems to me this is something that helps them compete even better.

.....and seriously. What is wrong with being able to let your car cool off before you get in after work? What's wrong with your kid locking the keys inside at a movie theater and you unlocking it from your couch as they say how sorry they are?

First you guys complain that they don't have competitive features....then you complain that features being added (that other luxury brands already have) are too "gimmicky". Give me a break (and Lincoln too).

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Meh.....what's the big fuss that Lincoln now has this. Seems to me this is something that helps them compete even better.

.....and seriously. What is wrong with being able to let your car cool off before you get in after work? What's wrong with your kid locking the keys inside at a movie theater and you unlocking it from your couch as they say how sorry they are?

First you guys complain that they don't have competitive features....then you complain that features being added (that other luxury brands already have) are too "gimmicky". Give me a break (and Lincoln too).
I realize that features like these are necessary to sell luxury cars these days, but some of the features that are becoming industry norms are gimmicks. That's not reflecting poorly on Lincoln, it's reflecting poorly on the luxury market as a whole.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I realize that features like these are necessary to sell luxury cars these days, but some of the features that are becoming industry norms are gimmicks. That's not reflecting poorly on Lincoln, it's reflecting poorly on the luxury market as a whole.

How is this a Gimmick. Please explain this to me.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
How is this a Gimmick. Please explain this to me.
How often are you going to use such an app? I wouldn't want people having access to my car from my phone, phones are easy to loose. Most luxury cars already come with automatic car starters, so that's not much of an advantage either.

·
Registered
717 Posts
How often are you going to use such an app? I wouldn't want people having access to my car from my phone, phones are easy to loose. Most luxury cars already come with automatic car starters, so that's not much of an advantage either.

So because you are careless Lincoln should not offer this....LMAO

Don't lose your phone like an idiot. Besides these functions can be disabled in the car assuming you didn't also lose the keys.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I see this as just another vulnerability through which someone can gain access to your vehicle. It is a cute feature, but question its true utility.

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
If I lose my phone and I am dumb enough to not have a passcode on it, people have instant access to many personal and financial things that can cause me a world of hurt. The last thing I would be worried about then, is if they can enter into my car as well. There are plenty of other ways to enter my car anyway, and that is one insurance I have no choice but to keep. So there is that too.

I was actually thinking about that programmed start option. That sounds awesome. I actually leave every day at 5:30, so it would be nice if it auto started for me, and allowed me to turn on seat and steering wheel heaters/coolers. I never cared before much, but since I now park in the driveway……this winter would have been **** without ANY autostart option. I never leave a dealer without one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts