Ford Inside News banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
$73K for a fully loaded Navigator (which really isn't that loaded). I see Dune is the only color option if you want "Premium Leather".

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
$73K for a fully loaded Navigator (which really isn't that loaded). I see Dune is the only color option if you want "Premium Leather".
^ started building a Reserve(top)trim
went to choose MidniteSapphire
and it demanded I step DOWN to Select

WTF?!?
yeah, a lot of restrictions, I wanted the 20 black painted rims and couldn't get the reserve package, weird but I guess that it is because this model is going to last 2 years

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AFAIAC, this $62K Navi will be delegated to competing with the GMC product, and in so doing, is a far better value.

Caddy can have the $90K level luxury, and I don't expect sales to increase without significant incentives.
I hope the 2017 model goes after the $90k level luxury (GL, Slade, Range Rover).
I wonder if the design is ready? at least some sketchs

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
^

I hope it competes with $90K yet costs the same as today.
People have to stop wishing for price increases.
The Expedition should be able to host down the (relatively) low end of the premium full size SUV class and free up the 'Gator to go for the gold!

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
yeah, true, but it has to be a true luxury suv!
"true luxury?"

Well, seeing as how Ford is moving full speed ahead on aluminum bodied work trucks, I think that leaves little doubt as to if the coming Navi will be as well.

Knowing that, do you expect anything less?
I would be more worried about how pathetic the over priced Cadillac will seem.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Man I would NOT count my cards yet on a next Navigator and boast at how good it WILL be compared the Escalade. Simple fact is this is Ford's answer to the new GM trucks so don't go looking to the future and hope for something better because it's not just 2-years away and Caddy isn't standing still in the interim. And remember, the TOP trim bespoke "Black Label" Escalade is $90K.

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
^

Nonsense.
Ford is not about to turn it's back on a segment it defined just because GM has the upper hand right now.
What a silly thought.

A lightweight and efficient Expy/Navi is coming.
Why on earth would they not?

And projecting ahead with it's capabilities is a piece a cake.....if you understand simple physics.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Yeah, until you see cars testing or an announcement from Ford, these are not two years away. This was not a cheap update to make on a segment that Ford doesn't do well in.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts