Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted in Lincoln FB about the Navigator Black Label and I got this response:

#LincolnBlackLabel will not be available on the 2015 Lincoln Navigator, but look for it on the #LincolnMKC!

:yikes:

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I posted in Lincoln FB about the Navigator Black Label and I got this response:

#LincolnBlackLabel will not be available on the 2015 Lincoln Navigator, but look for it on the #LincolnMKC!

:yikes:
so they confirm the MKC BL but no Navi BL :( .....wings any comments?

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that doesn't surprise me in the Least, Jose

just wait for the AllNew one - hopefully in under 30 months
I thought a Black Label model for this Navi was coming :( time to go to your poll 2b2, I will change to UNhappy now.
but you´re right this can´t surprise me, this was just a MCE

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^ afaik, those are the Reserve wheels, Jose
YUP - got the Library puter to lighten&sharpen: those 285x45R22 tires
dunno if it's one solid pkg (think so) or if we can get just pieces of it...
joseodiaga4 said:
I thought a Black Label model for this Navi was coming time to go to your poll 2b2, I will change to UNhappy now.
but you´re right this can´t surprise me, this was just a MCE
just-imho,
[BlackLabel] is going to be a BIGger deal than some think
remember it's supposed to include a different level of owner-service too
+
maybe the wait for the AllNew Navi will be a "short 2 years"? ...like 18 months?

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^ afaik, those are the Reserve wheels, Jose
YUP - got the Library puter to lighten&sharpen: those 285x45R22 tires
dunno if it's one solid pkg (think so) or if we can get just pieces of it...

just-imho,
[BlackLabel] is going to be a BIGger deal than some think
remember it's supposed to include a different level of owner-service too
+
maybe the wait for the AllNew Navi will be a "short 2 years"? ...like 18 months?
yeah you´re right, so that means no Red Label Navi either, well we will have to wait 2 years :joyous:

·
Registered
717 Posts
The Navi is 10 times better looking than the Caddy. It will have a better ride and I think the interior is nicer than the Caddy also.

Caddy has a little more Brand Cache at the moment but it took 13 years to get here and Lincoln redefinition is at 2 years.

Black label should not have been added to this model as it is just an MCE and not really worthy of what they will offer on a Black Label vehicle.

........I do think this is the Best looking Navi ever. That front and the stance really look good.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
The Navi is 10 times better looking than the Caddy. It will have a better ride and I think the interior is nicer than the Caddy also.

Caddy has a little more Brand Cache at the moment but it took 13 years to get here and Lincoln redefinition is at 2 years.

Black label should not have been added to this model as it is just an MCE and not really worthy of what they will offer on a Black Label vehicle.

........I do think this is the Best looking Navi ever. That front and the stance really look good.
Beauty being in the eye of the beholder I can't say as I agree on it being the best looking 'Gator ever. For me the second gen is still the best looking but the refresh is better than the outgoing model by a long mile!

I'm curious though, you feel it's 10X better looking, will ride better, and has the nicer interior when compared to the Caddy, yet you don't feel it's worthy of the BL treatment? Strange combination of opinions! I don't think given it's shelf life that the investment made sense in the now, but I do think from a brand cache perspective it could have paid dividends even if they didn't show up on the bottom line.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Beauty being in the eye of the beholder I can't say as I agree on it being the best looking 'Gator ever. For me the second gen is still the best looking but the refresh is better than the outgoing model by a long mile!

I'm curious though, you feel it's 10X better looking, will ride better, and has the nicer interior when compared to the Caddy, yet you don't feel it's worthy of the BL treatment? Strange combination of opinions! I don't think given it's shelf life that the investment made sense in the now, but I do think from a brand cache perspective it could have paid dividends even if they didn't show up on the bottom line.

Sure I think it's better. With the All new Navi soon to come and this being a refresh just to hold over.....No I don't think having a Black Label was important at all. Reserve option will do just fine for now. They can pull out all the stops on the All-New model.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
30 months of continued mediocrity in this segment borders on Lincoln brand suicide in this segment. Ford it is time that you make Lincoln IMPORTANT.

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
30 months of continued mediocrity in this segment borders on Lincoln brand suicide in this segment. Ford it is time that you make Lincoln IMPORTANT.
come on germeezy, that a lot of drama men, relax! :courage: Lincoln will be IMPORTANT again, just wait, come on you are so impatient lately

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would love to see a Black Label for this 2015 Navi, it looks so great that I wonder how would the BL look but you´re right BL will be in the next model, won´t be a Smart idea to do that investment for 2 years

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
come on germeezy, that a lot of drama men, relax! :courage: Lincoln will be IMPORTANT again, just wait, come on you are so impatient lately
It has been 15 years, and just how much longer do you think those that are not staunch Lincoln supporters are going to wait?

·
Registered
2,270 Posts

I agree 2 out of 3.(interior being the exception). As a bonus, the Ecoboost engine adds something even more important. I think both Lincoln and Cadillac will see sales gains when the '15's are on the lot.

As for the Black Label not being worth it...remember, this will be available for at least 2 years, and Lincoln needs more of an image boost now to keep people following it into the future. The more you offer now, the easier it is for people to consider you when it is time to trade in.

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
I agree 2 out of 3.(interior being the exception). As a bonus, the Ecoboost engine adds something even more important. I think both Lincoln and Cadillac will see sales gains when the '15's are on the lot.

As for the Black Label not being worth it...remember, this will be available for at least 2 years, and Lincoln needs more of an image boost now to keep people following it into the future. The more you offer now, the easier it is for people to consider you when it is time to trade in.

Remember, Ford has to balance development cost to ROI opportunity. It is a business afterall, and also seeks profits in its end game. Thus, when you anticipate only a 5% take rate on the Black Label option projected into what is only a tiny niche segment to begin with…..I would say the cost to implement BL above the already luxurious Reserve option for such a short duration is not worth the risk. Besides, you don’t want to give BL a bad name by slapping something together. I would rather see it revealed in all its glory with all new Navi.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Remember, Ford has to balance development cost to ROI opportunity. It is a business afterall, and also seeks profits in its end game. Thus, when you anticipate only a 5% take rate on the Black Label option projected into what is only a tiny niche segment to begin with…..I would say the cost to implement BL above the already luxurious Reserve option for such a short duration is not worth the risk. Besides, you don’t want to give BL a bad name by slapping something together. I would rather see it revealed in all its glory with all new Navi.
Imagine if Lexus took that attitude and never invested in the LS, they would be no better off now than Acura. Tesla invested in the Roadster not to make profit, but to gain knowledge and build the brand equity. When in the early stages of building a brand ROI isn't always measured by bottom line profit and more often than not when it is the brand never reaches the pinnacle.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts