Ford Inside News banner

2015 Mercedes-Benz S63 AMG Coupe bringing big, fast style to New York

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  joseodiaga4 
#1 ·
2015 Mercedes-Benz S63 AMG Coupe bringing big, fast style to New York

The 2015 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Coupe is gorgeous. That's a fact. We fell in love with it in concept form at the Frankfurt Motor Show last fall, and swooned over its production-ready body at the Geneva Motor Show earlier this month. For the New York Auto Show in April, Mercedes will once again show off its CL-no-more flagship two-door, but this time, with a monstrous mill under the hood. Say hello to the 2015 S63 AMG 4Matic Coupe.

Let's get right to the good stuff: the hand-built, twin-turbocharged, 5.5-liter V8 engine nestled behind that upright, classy-looking nose. This powerful AMG engine is tuned to produce 577 horsepower and 664 pound-feet of torque here in the coupe – improvements of 41 hp and 74 lb-ft versus the outgoing CL63 – and that's enough grunt to send the 4,400-pound (estimated) two-door to 60 miles per hour in just 3.9 seconds. Managing all that force is Mercedes' seven-speed AMG Speedshift automatic transmission, with Sport, Manual and Controlled Efficiency modes, and the power runs to the ground via an AMG-tuned 4Matic all-wheel-drive system, with a standard 33/67-percent fore/aft torque split. Stop/start is also standard.

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/03/19/2015-mercedes-benz-s63-amg-coupe-new-york-official/

See less See more
#3 ·
Just read an XTS thread on the 'other' InsideNews site, and it makes me thankful that, despite the disagreements that we can have here, for the most part we avoid the silly, pointless arguments of what an attractive car is. Some are slagging the XTS, some are slagging Mercedes models, and it is SOOO tiring. The best is when someone posts a picture as PROOF that one car is more attractive! It's cool to stand up for the cars we like and argue out point of view, but it gets so silly over there. I just hope that we can manage to keep things a little more respectful and level-headed here!

Agreed LetsRace, I'm not much of a Mercedes fan, but AMG knows exactly how to fine-tune them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.