Ford Inside News banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 MUSTANG CONVERTIBLE BEGINS SHIPPING TO FORD DEALERS
Ford

- Keys to the first 2015 Ford Mustang convertibles will be in customers’ hands shortly

- Available heated seats and remote start allow the all-new Mustang convertible to be enjoyed year-round, even in the coldest climates

- Selectable drive modes with a snow/wet setting tunes Mustang to perform well in inclement weather conditions

Ford Motor Company is excited to announce the 2015 Ford Mustang convertible will begin shipping to dealerships nationwide this week.

“Cold weather may have come unseasonably early this year, but with available heated seats, remote start and selectable drive modes with a snow/wet setting, Mustang is the perfect offering for the season,” said Melanie Banker, Mustang brand manager.

Heated seats, standard on all premium Mustang convertibles, allow the driver and front passenger to stay warm even when the temperature drops. “While these seats also have a cooling feature, we suspect customers won’t be using this function for a few more months,” said Banker.

Remote start, standard on all automatic-transmission Mustang models, allows customers to fire up their drop-top from the comfort of their home, even in inclement weather conditions. When remote start is used, Mustang not only warms up its engine, it also warms the interior of the car to a comfortable temperature.

Selectable drive modes, standard on premium Mustang models, features a wet/snow setting that tweaks throttle response, steering effort and traction control to mitigate wheel spin and maximize vehicle control.

“Mustangs are made for year-round practicality and enjoyment,” Banker said, “so it’s exciting that customers are taking delivery of their convertible Mustang models – regardless of the season.”

50 years of Ford Mustang

More than 9.2 million Mustangs have been sold since the car’s 1964 debut.

Now with more options to choose from, there is a Mustang to fit any lifestyle. The upgraded V8 in Mustang GT – now delivering 435 horsepower and 400 lb.-ft. of torque – is joined by a 300-horsepower 3.7-liter V6 and an all-new 2.3-liter EcoBoost® engine that brings state-of-the-art technology to Mustang.

The 2.3-liter EcoBoost uses direct injection, variable cam timing and a twin-scroll turbocharger to deliver the performance Mustang drivers expect, with an output of 310 horsepower and 320 lb.-ft. of torque.

In addition to being the most-liked vehicle on Facebook, with 8 million likes, the all-new Mustang is turning on U.S. dealer lots in an average of eight days.

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: 2015 mustang convertible begins shipping to ford dealers

The Mustang Convertible is a $5,500 premium over the Fastback at each level.

- V6 Convertible starts at $29,100

- EcoBoost Premium Convertible starts at $34,670

- GT Premium Convertible starts at $41,600

·
Registered
2,799 Posts

Always wanted a Mustang convertible for the summer, but I'll wait on the next update to fix that front-end ;)

·
Registered
287 Posts

Where I live, unfortunately, a rwd-only car is suicide in the winter.

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Where I live, unfortunately, a rwd-only car is suicide in the winter.
I was just thinking that AWD needs to be the next update for the New Mustang. Sales would take another big spike.

It seems odd that it's just about the only $20k vehicle from Ford without an AWD option. I can get AWD in an Escape, but not a Mustang. I can get AWD in the RWD F-150, but not in the RWD Mustang.

Maybe it will come with the 2016 model year giving Ford time to get ramped up with the current RWD models. It's really unfinished without AWD. It's like offering an all new model, without cruise control as an option, when it's on everything else.

·
Registered
287 Posts

I was just thinking that AWD needs to be the next update for the New Mustang. Sales would take another big spike.

It seems odd that it's just about the only $20k vehicle from Ford without an AWD option. I can get AWD in an Escape, but not a Mustang. I can get AWD in the RWD F-150, but not in the RWD Mustang.

Maybe it will come with the 2016 model year giving Ford time to get ramped up with the current RWD models. It's really unfinished without AWD. It's like offering an all new model, without cruise control as an option, when it's on everything else.
The only reason I can think of why they wouldn't add AWD is to keep it's pony car RWD "pureness," but they could just make it turn-off able when you want to have some fun on a track or something, so they still should add AWD ASAP.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Wow yeah funny that none of the manufacturers have added an AWD ponycar option. It's a plus for winter driving, obviously, but tuned right can also be a big performance enhancement. It would be really cool if Ford has this in mind for this platform in the near future...

That said, why hasn't Chrysler done it with the Challenger? All the hardware is available, right? Maybe there really isn't a market for it?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Already overweight, an AWD Mustang will:
Corner Better!
Great but that's a penalty:
Cost Purchase,
Maintenance,
Economy
and a good driver will enjoy a RWD just as much.
So... The Front End:
Don't like it?
Wait... The Shelby front will trickle-down in a year or two.
My preference: EcoBoost! The aftermarket is already over 400hp.
It's a good package.
Can we now have a Lincoln Convertible please.
along with a half decent MkS RWD
Merry Christmas, Mr. Ford

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
The Mustang platform can't support AWD, maybe in the next decade, possibly if Lincoln and Mustang develop a RWD architecture together. Mustang platform actually dates back to 2005, just updated for the new car. The next Camaro certainly can do it on Alpha, but Mustang is out of luck. However, Chevy doesn't care about AWD evidently if you look at their car portfolio.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts

- V6 Convertible starts at $29,100
- EcoBoost Premium Convertible starts at $34,670
- GT Premium Convertible starts at $41,600
FordSUVfan said:
rwd-only car is suicide in the winter
Bloggin said:
...AWD...
FordSUVfan said:
"pureness" // AWD ASAP
paul8488 said:
AWD
bomt1 said:
Don't like it?
Wait...
Borg said:
platform can't support AWD
base LincStang coupe-cabrio hard'vert starts at $55-56k
- Nano-EB with E-wd (electrics just up front, directly generator-driven as needed, no battery-weight (maybe capacitors), no origami driveshaft nonsense, stretched wheelbase with room for 4 adults
:clap:

note: the sportsedan with absolute ultra minimal overhangs and a slightly higher roofline starts with same drivetrain at $49,990

·
Registered
105 Posts
The Mustang platform can't support AWD, maybe in the next decade, possibly if Lincoln and Mustang develop a RWD architecture together. Mustang platform actually dates back to 2005, just updated for the new car. The next Camaro certainly can do it on Alpha, but Mustang is out of luck. However, Chevy doesn't care about AWD evidently if you look at their car portfolio.
where did you hear this?

·
Registered
171 Posts
The Reality is that the Mustang Platform can't support AWD
But (here we go again)
It wouldn't take much for the 'boys' to
Restructure the floorpan
Pick the right torque-splitting unit and a
New (heavier) front end
Wrap it all up (heavy bracing) and present the new AWD Mustang
It could happen
But (again) really, do we need an AWD Mustang
I would rather see the new RS with AWD/4WD and
let the 'little' guy go and cut the course.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts