·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 MUSTANG SALES OFF TO HOT START
BEST NOVEMBER SINCE '06
Ford

DEC 2, 2014 | DEARBORN, MICH.

- 62 percent increase in Ford Mustang sales last month compared to a year ago, with 8,728 cars sold

- All-new 2015 Mustang is staying on dealer lots just eight days on average

- Sales of Mustang GT lead the pack, followed by V6 and EcoBoost® models

As the holiday season kicks off, sales figures for Ford Mustang show the best November for the nameplate since 2006. 8,728 new Mustangs found owners last month, a leap in total sales of 62 percent compared to 2013. Sales are up all over the United States, including the Northeast and Great Lakes regions. Mustang’s largest markets, Texas and California, saw retail sales increases of 46 percent and 76 percent, respectively.

Dealerships have reported that new Mustangs are in high demand, spending only eight days on the lot before being sold. Buyers are choosing the engine that suits them best, with 52 percent opting for the 5.0-liter V8 in Mustang GT, 24 percent choosing the Ti-VCT 3.7-liter V6 and 24 percent going with the all-new turbocharged I-4 EcoBoost®.

Flat Rock Assembly Plant in Flat Rock, Michigan, where Mustang is produced, is working in high gear to deliver enough 2015 Ford Mustangs to meet voracious demand from driving enthusiasts. So far, more than 20,000 new fastbacks have been built and shipped to dealers across the United States and Canada, with preparations for export to Europe and Asia now under way.

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: 2015 mustang sales off to hot start

The all new 2015 Mustang outsold Camaro by a wide margin in November, 8,728 to 4,385. And the 2015 Mustang convertible has not even been released yet.

YTD Mustang at 73,124 vs Camaro at 79,669, which means Mustang is just 6500 units from overtaking Camaro for 2014.

Camaro sales were expected to be 5k for Dec, but with New Mustang pulling sales strongly, Camaro sales are now expected to be below 4k. Which means Mustang will need to reach past 10k sales for December to be #1 YTD. We know Ford does not chase after sales crowns, but if production can meet demand, the crown will belong to the 2015 Mustang.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts

Is this really news? The first few months of any of the three pony cars will usually be through the roof. If it wasn't doing well that would be a big issue, that it is is to be expected with a car that has the Mustang's following.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts

Dealerships have reported that new Mustangs are in high demand, spending only eight days on the lot before being sold. Buyers are choosing the engine that suits them best, with 52 percent opting for the 5.0-liter V8 in Mustang GT, 24 percent choosing the Ti-VCT 3.7-liter V6 and 24 percent going with the all-new turbocharged I-4 EcoBoost®.

Flat Rock Assembly Plant in Flat Rock, Michigan, where Mustang is produced, is working in high gear to deliver enough 2015 Ford Mustangs to meet voracious demand from driving enthusiasts. So far, more than 20,000 new fastbacks have been built and shipped to dealers across the United States and Canada, with preparations for export to Europe and Asia now under way.
Interesting to see an even 24% split between the V6 and 2.3 EcoBoost models, I wonder if this will be a trend in the following months to come.

I hope the high demand doesn't delay the launch/deliveries for export markets. The New Mustang GT and 2.3 EcoBoost models are supposed to reach my country sometime early 2015.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts

There is no way Ford will sell 10K Mustangs in December, they are just now clearing their 2014 inventory which is a big part of that sales story in November so December will likely be lower than November since they are still ramping up inventories for the 2015.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts

Old or new, rebates or not, that's just the way the industry works. I figure it more or less balances out in the end... for every person thst scooped up an outgoing Mustang with a rebate, there's probably one that is holding off for the new one. All we know for sure is that 2015 will belong to the Mustang! I had and have no doubt about how well it will do in North America, so I'm really curious to see how it catches on elsewhere in the world!

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Interesting to see an even 24% split between the V6 and 2.3 EcoBoost models, I wonder if this will be a trend in the following months to come.

I hope the high demand doesn't delay the launch/deliveries for export markets. The New Mustang GT and 2.3 EcoBoost models are supposed to reach my country sometime early 2015.
There could be a delay due to high US demand.

Current daily Mustang inventory is just over 8k units with 8 days on lots before sold. Compare this with over 22k units of daily Camaro inventory.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts

There could be a delay due to high US demand.

Current daily Mustang inventory is just over 8k units with 8 days on lots before sold. Compare this with over 22k units of daily Camaro inventory.
Looks like I won't be seeing any 2015 Mustangs here anytime soon and even if Ford Philippines has been "teasing" local fans/buyers about its arrival.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts