Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
A Camry with the "predator" grille from lexus? Or, maybe, more horrific grille to be more accurate.

Nothing new. Nothing really unique. Still is boring, only with more complicated style, but not better.

·
Registered
761 Posts
The rear of the new Camry is much better than the out going 'fangs'. However, I'm not a fan of the new grill, which there appears to be two versions. Fusion kicks the Camry's butt once again. Yeah!

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
If somebody handed Toyota the complete plans for an Aston Martin I would be terrified to see what of the beautiful design managed to make it into production and how terrifyingly bad the changes would be. You can lead a Toyota designer to a great design but you cannot stop him/her from ruining it.

·
Registered
500 Posts
they will sell a gazillion of them
Maybe even a few more............ What does America like more than Luxury? Things that look like it, but don't carry the costs.

The segment keeps moving forward, amazing, flipping through the pictures on the Toyo-site, I found this cool feature.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Was it Bertone that went belly up recently? Toyota more than any other brand really should have considered purchasing a good design house with the history of Bertone. They need people from far outside of the Toyota walls to take over design if they're ever to build an attractive vehicle again.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Yes, it was Bertone that recently filed for bankruptcy. And yes, Toyota desperately needs outside design if their cars are to have any style at all. I drive a FR-S, it's enjoyable to drive, but the styling, inside and out, is far too busy. This Camry is worse...

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
This is just a bigger version of the economy Corolla. The front end looks like it threw up on itself. It looks like a big cheap car now more than ever. Which makes sense, as it's discounted so heavily that it's lease price is exactly the same as a Corolla. What's happening is that the new generation of car buyers don't want the old, generic, boring Camry their parents had, or grandparents still have. Which is thy Fusion has a 60+% conquer rate with most coming from Camry.

This car reminds me of someone's mom wearing clothes too young for her trying to be 'cool'.

·
Registered
500 Posts

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
a comment from VinceBurlappCar says it all for me
"Anonymous said...
Since Toyota designers have transformed Lexus vehicles into some of the ugliest cars on the road, it makes perfect sense that they would do the same for Toyota...
April 16, 2014 at 10:51 AM"​
I have to admit, the new B-segment Toyota Vios sedan (this would have been the new Yaris sedan) looks decent.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I'm not a fan of Toyota, or the Camry, but every generation looks familiar enough to keep old fans but at the same time different enough to not look too tired and dated. Don't get me wrong, I don't find it very attractive, but Toyota has a winning formula with the Camry and I think that they know their customers well.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
I'm not a fan of Toyota, or the Camry, but every generation looks familiar enough to keep old fans but at the same time different enough to not look too tired and dated. Don't get me wrong, I don't find it very attractive, but Toyota has a winning formula with the Camry and I think that they know their customers well.
The biggest problem Toyota has isn't with the current, or new generation of vehicles. Their biggest problem is that in many ways they're becoming the next Buick, a brand who's customer base is going to die off. Toyota needs to find a way to reach the next generation who expect more than a not always lived up to reputation for reliability! If they cannot excite the next generation they'll not retain their current status as worlds largest auto manufacturer for very much longer.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
How much were you paid to lie?
Just because i'm a Ford fan that comes from a Family who's had various Fords in the last 8 decades doesn't mean I'm obligated to insult the products of other carmakers. If they come up with something decent, then i'll give them credit for doing so.
Besides, I never said the Vios was better than a Fiesta.

I'm just saying the Vios is one of Toyota's better modern sedan design efforts, since its styling looks more integrated and consistent compared to the other new Toyota sedans, same thing can probably be said about the new Avalon.

The sculpted sides of the '15 Camry look forced, the front and rear doors look like they belong to two different cars and the black panel on the C-pillar (fake 3rd window) looks out of place in a car in this segment.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts