Ford Inside News banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 Toyota Camry to have 'more emotional, more impactful design' - report

Company will have to walk a fine line

The President of Toyota's Calty Design Research has revealed some new details about the facelited Camry.

Speaking to Bloomberg, Kevin Hunter said the model will have a “more emotional, more impactful design." When went on to say the “Camry’s taken some hits on styling" but "we need to create better design for Camry in the future.”

http://www.worldcarfans.com/114011768921/2015-toyota-camry-to-have-more-emotional-more-impactful

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
If Lexus is any indication I have no faith in their abilities and as a domestic fan I'm okay with that!

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I´m not sure what are they going to do, for me the Lexus grille is not a beauty, I hope they don´t do that with Toyota haha

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I'm not a Toyota fan in the least, but they're just doing what every manufacturer tries to do. They realise that they have drifted, and want to build cars that people connect to. Some people find it laughable that anyone could 'like' a Toyota, but non car fans can't understand why any of us like any of our cars either. I am no Toyota apologist, but in the end, Toyota is just trying to sell cars, like the rest of the brands, and actually focusing on building cars that people really want is a good thing.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Toyota - emotional - Camry. 3 words than cant be at the same sentence . No matter what ToyoBored and LexuPredator design team try

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
I'm not a Toyota fan in the least, but they're just doing what every manufacturer tries to do. They realise that they have drifted, and want to build cars that people connect to. Some people find it laughable that anyone could 'like' a Toyota, but non car fans can't understand why any of us like any of our cars either. I am no Toyota apologist, but in the end, Toyota is just trying to sell cars, like the rest of the brands, and actually focusing on building cars that people really want is a good thing.
I don't think anybody is blaming them for trying Paul. I think the issue thus far is that based upon what they've done with their current vehicles Scion, Toyota, and Lexus they've not shown the ability to design cars that stir peoples emotions visually. The only great success they've had is the FR-Z which was designed mostly by Subaru. Lexus understood that vanilla was killing the brand and their reaction was the Predator face.

Its not that we don't believe they want to build attractive vehicles, its that its been so long since they have that we question their ability to do so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts