Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 Ford Mustang GT350 (SVT) Spy Shots And Video
BY Nelson Ireson NELSON IRESON

The 2015 Ford Mustang made its hotly anticipated debut at the 2014 Detroit Auto Show, but since then has largely stayed off the radar as it awaits its start of production and rubber-burning arrival on America's streets. In addition to the base and GT models, there will be a new Mustang EcoBoost powered by a turbocharged four-cylinder engine. But the Mustang EcoBoost isn't the only new addition—there will be higher-performance versions wearing special badges, too.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1090132_2016-ford-mustang-gt350-svt-spy-shots-and-video

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Between the debut on Dec 2013 and the start of production in fall 2014 are almost one full year.... in dont understand why Ford exibited the new Mustang so early... The debut must had been on April, by the 50 anniversary.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Yaaayyy wonderful. Can't wait to get some specs. I personally don't want this to outgun the Hellcat. I want weight reduction and a N/A bored-out Coyote. 600hp MAX if it has forced induction. I want this thing to actually put power down. Strip AND twisty prowess please!

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Yaaayyy wonderful. Can't wait to get some specs. I personally don't want this to outgun the Hellcat. I want weight reduction and a N/A bored-out Coyote. 600hp MAX if it has forced induction. I want this thing to actually put power down. Strip AND twisty prowess please!
I agree, I want to see a balanced super car just as at home on a road course as it is a drag strip!

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Between the debut on Dec 2013 and the start of production in fall 2014 are almost one full year.... in dont understand why Ford exibited the new Mustang so early... The debut must had been on April, by the 50 anniversary.
grumble grumble
with 50 years to prepare for it ( FIFTY! )
I don't see why** they didn't make darn sure it could go into production-at-Least by April2014

**actually I believe I know the reason for the "delay"
just don't think it was an adequately-good reason

grumble grumble grouse grouse grouse

·
Registered
235 Posts
This car's exhaust sounds less refined than the Hellcat. I may have to listen to it repeatedly until I like it. :D

·
Registered
235 Posts
Well, all of the Mustangs in the videos in this thread are showing non-sequential lights. Maybe Europe has some law that doesn't allow them?

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Me too. I'm pumped to maybe get some 'Ring times. I doubt Ford will release them though. :(
If the numbers are competitive or better you can damn well be sure they'll release them.

The GT500 was a Supercar, but not necessarily a super car, if you know what I mean. Like the new Hellcat it is a crazy powerful car that I'm sure was good on a road course, but not good enough to run with the best. I fully expect the GT350 is going to remedy that!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts