Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 Honda Pilot – These Are The First Official Photos!

These official photos, which come courtesy of Edmunds, reveal Honda's new, more Acura-like styling direction for their mid-size crossover that looks less utilitarian and more modern and upmarket - both inside and out, than the outgoing Pilot.

http://www.carscoops.com/2015/02/2016-honda-pilot-these-are-first.html

·
Registered
183 Posts
Re: 2016 Honda Pilot

The front looks very busy IMO. There are certain elements about the grill and headlights and the turn signal/parking lights and foglights that I thought could've been better integrated together. On the plus side it looks like Honda is taking the lead on adding some essential technology and features right out the gate rather than lagging the competition.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts

Seriously looks like a mash-up of the Chevy Traverse and CRV, inelegant proportions to say the least. But in the end it probably serves its purpose well, Explorer could take some notes about interior packaging and the pass through rear seat design. Explorer is not the vehicle you should buy if you actually want to use the 3rd-Row.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Not sure I agree with Honda's decision to make the Pilot look like a larger CRV ... the last pilot was forgettable rehash of the MkI .. let's see ho MkIII does.

Looked through the info ...the center stack finally belongs in 21st century, though there are still some questionable material / design choices. That shifter is interesting .... we'll see.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Re: Pilot

Front- CRV with even more yuck (Wasn't sure this was possible)

Back- Looks very Acura, even a bit Infiniti. It's nice.

Whole car: Much needed update! Not too bad.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Equinox

Looks like the last Equinox + a Buick Encore. This moderate refresh won't send the Equinox to the top of peoples' short lists. Unimpressed. Equinox needs a full update.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts

Seriously looks like a mash-up of the Chevy Traverse and CRV, inelegant proportions to say the least. But in the end it probably serves its purpose well, Explorer could take some notes about interior packaging and the pass through rear seat design. Explorer is not the vehicle you should buy if you actually want to use the 3rd-Row.
I drive an Explorer, and the acces to the 3rd row is easy. The interior is big. Even with the 3rd row up, you can carry baggage. The interior is very good...

·
Registered
2,270 Posts

I drive an Explorer, and the acces to the 3rd row is easy. The interior is big. Even with the 3rd row up, you can carry baggage. The interior is very good...
I agree...the Explorer is usable as a three-row, while some other supposed three-rows lack sufficient headroom. I think Borg may have had the Flex in mind, which actually has better room. Too bad the MKT which is based on the Flex really falls flat in this requirement.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I've rented the Explorer and Traverse and the Traverse is more of a true 3 row CUV than the Explorer.

I don't like the new styling of the Pilot, it went from a plain box to a plain vanilla bean CUV but with that said, it will still will sell over hundred thousand plus.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
The Explorer has one of the smallest interiors in its class and is often criticized for rear-seat spaciousness and the lack of easy access which requires the 2nd row seat to be collapsed and folded. It's definitely the best looking vehicle in its class, but it's not the most functional.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Second row is fine but it's the 3rd row where the Explorer loses out to the Traverse. I like the Explorer for daily commutes and weekend outings but would not get it again for a family vacation. I don't care for the new styling, but would definately purchase a more luxurious version if Lincoln sold it.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Couldn't care less about the Pilot ugly as usual typical Honda. The Equinox update is subtle yet very nice in my opinion with the exception of the grille. Most on here will probably disagree but I like the Equinox I think it's a very nice little CUV. My Dad has a 2014 Equinox LT that has been absolutely flawless.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
The Explorer has one of the smallest interiors in its class and is often criticized for rear-seat spaciousness and the lack of easy access which requires the 2nd row seat to be collapsed and folded. It's definitely the best looking vehicle in its class, but it's not the most functional.
Journalist are those who have criticized the Explorer`s interior. The owners are very happy with it. Read the comments here in this thread!!!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts