Ford Inside News banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 Lexus LX spied undisguised inside and out

Starting with the front fascia, the revised LX gets a huge spindle grille and a significantly more aggressive front bumper with new fog lights and reshaped headlights which now extend a bit to the back. There's also a new set of alloys and tweaked mirrors while the side skirts have also gone through some minor revisions. In addition, the third side windows now have a modified shape while the rear end hosts brand new taillights with chrome detailing, along with a new rear bumper and a different roof-mounted spoiler.

more at: http://www.worldcarfans.com/115080997628/2016-lexus-lx-spied-undisguised-inside-and-out

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Front end is hideous. But look at the navigation screen it's huge!

·
FIN Moderator
2,106 Posts
I can't imagine longtime Lexus owners accepting these harsh, inelegant designs they've been churning out lately.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I can't imagine longtime Lexus owners accepting these harsh, inelegant designs they've been churning out lately.
Admittedly you need to see them in person. The new RC-F is absolutely amazing in person, and generally the IS is a sharp car. I also enjoy the new CUVs they have to offer. The GS is also nice particularly the GS-F.

I guess what I'm saying here, with a guilty conscience, is that I enjoy the new Lexus design DNA. But it looks like Satan's ass on this full sized SUV.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Absolutely, inside and out the Navigator looks like a tacky and overstuffed cargo van without a hint of modernity or quality with a grille that is probably just as offensive to look at as that Lexus (although the Lexus looks less haphazardly done). The Navigator is a huge steaming pile of suck stinking up the Lincoln showroom, I'm so anxious to see it out of there but I know we have many years to go.

I actually like the dramatic textured modern design of the Lexus, but what I don't like are huge overhangs and that's what you get right here.

In either case, none of these are my cup tea. The few in this segment that get the design right come from England and Germany, and that has more to do with quality and precision with balanced restrained design. Navigator isn't garish but it's extremely outdated and lacks precision.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
The NX looks nice to me from the side and rear view but that grille does not look good from the front. The predator grille looks better on the cars vs the cuv's/suv's.

The Navigator looks a lot better in person but still dated to anybody familiar with the pre-refresh.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Absolutely, inside and out the Navigator looks like a tacky and overstuffed cargo van without a hint of modernity or quality with a grille that is probably just as offensive to look at as that Lexus (although the Lexus looks less haphazardly done). The Navigator is a huge steaming pile of suck stinking up the Lincoln showroom, I'm so anxious to see it out of there but I know we have many years to go.

I actually like the dramatic textured modern design of the Lexus, but what I don't like are huge overhangs and that's what you get right here.

In either case, none of these are my cup tea. The few in this segment that get the design right come from England and Germany, and that has more to do with quality and precision with balanced restrained design. Navigator isn't garish but it's extremely outdated and lacks precision.
I agree with you when you say that the best in this segment come from England and Germany: the Land Rover Range Rover and the Porsche Cayenne-VW Touareg twins are the best offering in the big luxury SUVs market.

About the Lexus design languaje, is too busy for my taste. And that grille is unpalatable for me... In general, the design of the japanese brands is not to my liking. Too many lines, complicated surfaces, overstyled details. I prefer the simplicity of the german or today american design trends.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
That front end works so much less bad on cars than SUVs/CUVs. I'm going to let Sir Charles express his dismay here...

·
Registered
202 Posts
I spoke with several loyal Lexus LS owners and all have decide to go with the flow of the front grill design. They don't like the looks of it; but see no other alternative!

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I spoke with several loyal Lexus LS owners and all have decide to go with the flow of the front grill design. They don't like the looks of it; but see no other alternative!
A friend's parents that had an '07 LS just recently purchased a '15 A8L because they don't like the spindle grille. I realize everyone's different though, and while it works for some, it doesn't for others.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
hmm...
now I'm wondering, Rmc^^^

maybe Lexoid is deliberately "pushing" the fugly-extremes...as long as they meet whatever they think are adequate numbers
since
they have the built-in EASY-FIX of an attractively design frontend (cheap to change)
+
all the PENT-UP Demand for/by/of people who aren't style-blind

but No Way I'll believe that about Acura!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts