1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TY, Borg! :thumb:

I love those wheels on the C - just recently figured out they're [BL]
& quite like the ChromaFlame Z[BL]
do you have any impressions/opinions to share?
&
please, when you can, fotos of CrystalSilver on whatever[BL] would be greatly appreciated :joyous:
The wheels on the BL MKC in this photo are actually not the BL wheels, they are available as 19" options.

I drove out there this Sunday afternoon because I had nothing better to do on a hot sunny day (other than working). I didn't get a chance to check it out, but I've been in BL MKCs before and they are quite nice. The BL MKCs they had here were the Center Stage theme, so nothing terribly dramatic to look at because it's just black with some red accents. The Blackened grille certainly helps to distinguish the car a bit, but it's a little lame because all they did was paint the grille slats which to me looks like a cheap aftermarket paint job. The MKX does it much better, I saw one at the Autoshow and it's much more stylish while preserving the visual continuity of the grille to the rest of the design. I still think Black Label cars need a a visually distinctive design that make the exterior as ostentatious as the interior, a unique grille or fascia with color keyed lower cladding would be compelling.

I think I'd have a hard time choosing a BL MKC over a loaded MKX (not fully loaded of course). But you certainly get a lot of style on the interior which is very compelling, especially Modern Heritage or Indulgence.

I'll actually add some MKC BL photos I took awhile back to that gallery linked in the first post so you can see what MKC Modern Heritage looks like.

Incidentally, MKX inventory is very low for either year now, their backlots are full of MKZs and MKCs, far more MKSs than MKXs. 2016 MKX inventory online is robust however so I hope more are coming, although it looks like very few of the top-spec ones are out there, or anything even close. I know I can't buy anything even remotely close to my order from the lots, out of hundreds of cars there is only one with all the options I wanted and the interior color, but not the exterior color.

I'm going to check my MKX order again tomorrow, hopefully it hasn't slipped again.

·
Registered
127 Posts
The fake chrome needs to be brushed aluminum or satin chrome. The gloss black innards look superb! The MKC and MKX black label needs paint matched lower cladding. Lincoln you're so close. Come on!

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I like the blacked out grilles with the chrome around it, I also like how it's a glossy black as opposed to a flat black which would look cheap.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
The blacked out grill doesn't scream premium to my eyes. Just looking at the MKZ picture the car in the background looks better to me and it's not even close.

Regarding BL not showing up in public inventory searches I wonder if that is an attempt to keep their image as build to order?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
The BLs I've discovered so far in inventory where actually in their own model-specific BL-section.

·
Registered
436 Posts
The blacked out grille looks good but to me it just doesn't look as premium/luxurious as the chrome grille. It looks more sporty to me especially on the red colored MKZ.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I would love to see a white MKC with the Black Label details I think it would look sharp. IMHO

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
While I personally like the glossy black grille I wonder if a black chrome would be better.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts