Ford Inside News banner

101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Fun fact...
I have to amend what I said: The MKX is the most powerful FWD vehicle. The Bentley and Cadillac are both AWD in those massively powerful configurations. To make my earlier statement correct, I would have to take off the "-based", which implies AWD variants as well.
that^s how I re-phrased you post in my head ... thinking of configurator listings ... are we (now) positiive there's no higher-HP Fwd currently on sale?

- - - - - - -

old-nerd fun-fact:

the new model will henceforth be referred to as the X16

at least by old-nerds...
...& until the X17 comes out

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
that^s how I re-phrased you post in my head ... thinking of configurator listings ... are we (now) positiive there's no higher-HP Fwd currently on sale?

- - - - - - -

old-nerd fun-fact:

the new model will henceforth be referred to as the X16

at least by old-nerds...
...& until the X17 comes out
I read that in Automobile Magazine, so I'm sure that they have fact checkers.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Yeah - that's the downside of ordering a brand new model...although you can also argue that this extends the excitement of waiting for it..:thumb:

Well, I visited my local dealer today and if everything is going to turn out as planned, will be picking up our new 2015 MKZ Hybrid on Saturday. I selected the last one they had on the lot - fully loaded except for the rear inflatable seat-belts which aren't that important because my mother drives her car mostly without any passengers - and almost never with somebody in the back.

Turns out that the incentives that came out today weren't bad at all ($4,000 on a 2015 Hybrid among several other extras - I'll deliver more details in my detailed new car thread once I've taken delivery).

Since my local dealer is not BL-certified yet, he couldn't even provide me with numbers on an MKZ BL so this time, I opted for the easiest and economical choice. Somehow, I wasn't in the mood to go through all the hassle to order a BL from a different dealership AND pay a high premium for it. A BL certainly would have been nice but - once again - the timing wasn't in my favor. But hey, that leaves even more $$ in my pocket to go 'all in' once I opt for the new MKX BL...:thumb:
UGH !!! I hate you. LOL I cannot find a 2015 MKZ loaded reserve Hybrid in Ruby Red or Bronze Fire Metallic anywhere within 200 miles. There is a 2016 Bronze Fire Metallic at my Lincoln dealer, but the incentives on the 2016 are nothing compared to the 2015............... and that would not get my payments where I want them (am not willing to compromise on that, on a 3rd vehicle).

It is so frustrating !!!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
UGH !!! I hate you. LOL I cannot find a 2015 MKZ loaded reserve Hybrid in Ruby Red or Bronze Fire Metallic anywhere within 200 miles. There is a 2016 Bronze Fire Metallic at my Lincoln dealer, but the incentives on the 2016 are nothing compared to the 2015............... and that would not get my payments where I want them (am not willing to compromise on that, on a 3rd vehicle).

It is so frustrating !!!
I hear you. When I pulled the trigger, inventory on the model/configuration was already pretty limited. I already eye-balled this particular vehicle a month earlier. At that time, my dealer also had a Tuxedo Black Reserve Hybrid in stock that was really fully loaded - including the rear inflatable belts. However, that one sold 10 days before I got mine. There were a few other models out-of-State, but since I really liked the color-combo and the fact that it was almost fully loaded, I thought it was a bit overkill to have a different one shipped to the dealer just for the inflatable belts. In addition to that, out-of-state also meant 'front license plate bracket' which was something I certainly didn't want.

I had to wait that long due to my then current lease. Since my initial lease expired in December, I did not yet qualify for the early bird termination incentive of $1,800. The previous incentives expired 7/6 and I rushed to my local dealer in the morning of 7/7 to seal the deal and arrange delivery for 7/11. Fortunately, the new incentives that went into effect had a slightly higher cash-incentive ($4K instead of $3.5K) and my lease-end date finally qualified for the $1,800 early termination incentive. I also punched in a brochure-request with the 'intent to buy soon' which got me an additional $750 personal cash bonus. Of course, the additional monthly payment I made on the old lease helped as well.

So if I would have pulled the trigger a month earlier, my payment would have been more than $100/month higher than the deal I got.

I'm now paying $621/month for 24 months and 12K miles/year with $1K down. Considering that I turned in my old ride 5 months earlier (and that was a 24 month lease as well), I'm quite happy. My new payment is also very close to the old one which was $627. Granted, that was with 13.5K miles/year but without any negative equity.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I hate to say where I want my payments. They got me down to $535 with $3000 down on the 2016, but I really want about $50 a month less. There is no trade in my case, since it would be a 3rd vehicle. We are going to buy out the residual on the Explorer Sport. We love it, and the residual is far less than what the vehicle is worth. Woohoo. LOL

·
Registered
388 Posts
Oh, I have a 2016 at my local (100 miles away) dealer equipped just how I want, in a color I want. Because it is a 2016, we can't get it to the payments we want without putting too much down.

I can be patient. We will just continue driving he fuel sucking beast. LOL (the V10 F250)

·
Registered
5,933 Posts

It is so frustrating !!!
I hear you too even though mine isn't brand new to find a CPO Hybrid Reserve I had to go to Daytona from St. Pete to get mine. 156 miles one way.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Now, that su**s...:banghead:

101 - 112 of 112 Posts