Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 MKX: Lincoln Knows Luxury

The 2016 Lincoln MKX might be the most compelling proof to date that Ford is serious about restoring the brand to true luxury status.
The real story happens on the inside, though. While ambitious, the MKZ and MKC interiors didn't feel truly luxurious, but more like highly optioned Titanium-trim Fords. With its large slabs of matte woods, nicely brushed metals and soft materials everywhere your hands go, it's a genuine surprise. The center stack of buttons, replacing touch-sensitive sliders from the old MKX, don't look like afterthoughts here as in some of other Ford and Lincoln vehicles

http://www.carscoops.com/2015/01/2016-mkx-could-be-sign-that-lincoln-is.html

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: 2016 MKX Could Be The Sign That Lincoln Is Finally Getting The Luxury Message

Its the media wings they do that.
Good to see an improvement in the interior

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Re: 2016 MKX Could Be The Sign That Lincoln Is Finally Getting The Luxury Message

I can't stand titles like that. Freaking pisses me off even.
I hate the trend towards titles like this: "I expected to like the new Lincoln. What I saw blew my mind."

Or: "Look at the new Lincoln interior. You won't believe your eyes!"

I HATE being told how I am going to react. Just share the info and pictures and let me decide for myself.

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts

I can't stand titles like that. Freaking pisses me off even.

Effff you carscoops.
One day I hope to say that you are finally learning how to write an automotive article.
Same here..I think it should be changed.

DONE! :thumb:

Jose...hope you don't mind.

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Same here..I think it should be changed.

DONE! :thumb:

Jose...hope you don't mind.
No...dont worry....I just posted that because the title was those lines and well in the university they teach us to respect titles and copyrights

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts

No...dont worry....I just posted that because the title was those lines and well in the university they teach us to respect titles and copyrights
Jose,
fyi, I change titles for length OR whenever I feel like it since I'm not a journalist....
(neither is Carscoops in MY opinion)

otoh
considering recent events
for now I'll keep self-censoring

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
They always say this about the newer Lincoln's, everything up to this point has been a disappointment but this one gets it right. Yeah sure. I guess they have words to count. The old MKX, MKT, and MKS are posher than the MKC or MKZ but suddenly the new MKX indicates they get it. You mean the cheaper Lincoln isn't as nice as the MKX?

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
I don't get all the heartache over this article. It is generally positive though from my perspective it comes across as being written by someone who's parroting what he's read elsewhere rather than much in the way of unique perspective. Carscoops is a niche site, you cannot expect great journalistic output.

I don't completely disagree with it though, the MKX is clearly the best evidence yet that Lincoln is moving in the right direction, each new vehicle manages to be significantly more appropriate for the premium marketplace than the last. I think a big reason why it could be said the "2016 MKX Could Be The Sign That Lincoln Is Finally Getting The Luxury Message" is that the MKX itself sits higher up in the premium marketplace than does the MKZ and MKC. When the first two vehicles in your renaissance are also entry-lux vehicles they're more likely to come across as less than enough. There are some significant cost restraints when you're talking entry level anything.

I love the MKZ's look outside, not a huge fan of the interior. I think a big problem for the MKZ is that it is smaller inside than its closest competition, the Lexus ES. The MKC is nice, but literally nothing about it wows me. The MKX on the other hand, nothing about it feels out of place for its market segment, not the platform, not the style, not the quality of materials. The MKX is IMO the first truly competitive Lincoln without any qualification required (unless you're going to be foolish enough to compare it to a Cayenne or similar vehicle).

With each new product Lincoln steps up another rung on the ladder, I for one am excited to see what the MKS can bring to the table!

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Jose,
fyi, I change titles for length OR whenever I feel like it since I'm not a journalist....
(neither is Carscoops in MY opinion)

otoh
considering recent events
for now I'll keep self-censoring
haha good to know 2b2, I'll change it the next time.
btw thanks Bloggin, I noticed you help me fixing the titles when I post longer titles or not so good-titles haha

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Car and Driver has a worst article about the MK X. Say things like: "the MKS is a vehicle so dismal that no body must buy it" " The MKZ is not as bad, but is merely a Fusión that doesnt Looks so good or feel so ágil".

Yesterday i had some time to waste and did it with this patetic pseudo journalist at C&D.

Here the link: http://http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2016-lincoln-mkx-photos-and-info-news

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Nice! So 335 horses and 380 lb./ft. torque.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
This thing should be pretty quick!

Curious about FE numbers though.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Curious about FE numbers though.
Besides pricing, that's what I'm waiting for as well. I assume the 2.7 EB will require premium to achieve these numbers - which will have to be considered, too. If that's the case, I'm wondering if regular could be used as well. AFAIK, that can be used on some other EB-engines, too.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Besides pricing, that's what I'm waiting for as well. I assume the 2.7 EB will require premium to achieve these numbers - which will have to be considered, too. If that's the case, I'm wondering if regular could be used as well. AFAIK, that can be used on some other EB-engines, too.
Exactly, pretty much every new vehicle Ford has been putting out that *recommends* premium can run regular but with a hit in HP numbers.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts