Ford Inside News banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
JFC!!! How many times do I have to tell you the video was ENTIRELY ABOUT THE FUSION!!!!????

No new EV yet! No Taurus in US market! No magical Lincoln next to a bunch of Fords! It was a FUSION!

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
JFC!!! How many times do I have to tell you the video was ENTIRELY ABOUT THE FUSION!!!!????

No new EV yet! No Taurus in US market! No magical Lincoln next to a bunch of Fords! It was a FUSION!
Once more should do the trick!

·
Registered
543 Posts
What a complete and total bust after last year's big blowout. Very uninspiring, from a car fan perspective. Raptor, already have seen it. Fusion, the Sport V6 is nice enough, but why no Ford Performance label? No ST? Are they afraid it would encroach on a possible SHO?

No alu Expedi concept. No new Ford Performance updates, like a potential Escape ST, which seems like it would punctuate the already introduced Escape and give it fresh new press coverage.

All the talk was about FordPass, which, to be honest, was seriously ho-hum. The Apple experience is the Apple experience because Apple controls the experience. Ford dealers are still low-life scumbag dealers like always (no offense to any low-lifes in here, as I'm worse, an attorney ;)). If Ford wants to make things better, then they need to announce partners beyond Amazon, McDonald's and, bahahahaaha, can't believe they even mentioned it, 7-11. Really? McDonald's is in a death spiral and Ford hitches their wagon to them? Talk about devaluing your brand by association.

I'm a little concerned, as a share holder. I'm ok with them spending cash on studying consumer habits and desires, but Ford has done a lot of hard work to elevate the brand, I hate to see Fields sully it by selling it for so little to crap brands like 7-11 and McDonald's. Apple occupies the high-end. You aren't buying their goods at Dollar General or Big Lots, which is what FordPass feels like right now.

Maybe Ford will restore my faith and they're making this show about Lincoln like they made last year about Ford Performance. One can hope...

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Ford has some lean years ahead of them in terms of new product, we are in the maintenance years until 2018. The Fusion turned out to be uninteresting since it really is a parts bin update, but it's a good update if you're a consumer and not just an industry watcher. I'm just glad to see more signs of upscaling at Ford.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
And Ford uses the word 'new' very loosely. They call the 2017 Fusion 'new', but it's a refresh, so who knows what 'new' SUVs are coming in the next couple years.
Well, the Escape refresh counts as 1. Expy would be another. I don't think they're talking about a new Explorer this far out, unless they're counting the refreshed Explorer as 1 of the 4. I don't know the 4th, unless they're throwing a Bronco confirmation out there.

·
Registered
10,912 Posts
I don't know man, FordPass sounds pretty interesting to me. I love the idea of being able to share a vehicle. I imagine pickup trucks and sports cars would be popular with that option. I want the pickup in the winter for several months, and then an option to switch that over to a convertible in the summer. Or do I want that truck in the summer to tow and remodeling projects. Or maybe a large SUV for traveling all summer. This kind of news is far more interesting than a new grill or the like.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
All that mobility stuff should have been discussed at the CES show.

They should have used their time to really get into the performance numbers of the Fusion Sport, how quick, how fast, how does it handle the track. They should have had a racer introduce it as well.
The lack of new innovation for the hybrid seems to be a step back for Ford. The Fusion Hybrid needs to make a measurable gain in MPG, and the Energi needs a considerable E-range extension. Maybe these are awaiting testing/certification, but they would have been crowing about this if their own tests showed any significant advancement.

Even with that, there should have been some more meat in the soup.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm trying to keep up with press coverage but is any domestic really "wowing" the crowd with a bunch of announcements? Seems pretty light all around.

·
Registered
543 Posts
So far I think the new Pacifica is the biggest hitter. They seriously caught Honda and Toyota with their pants down with the plugin version. Looks very sharp and I predict one will be in the moose-family garage before fall. The 30 mile range will easily encompass the Wife's daily activities. Might make it 2-3 months to a tank.

Ridgeline is ok. You no longer have to surrender your man card when you sign the papers, but with FWD and bed speakers, it isn't gonna get it punched for renewal either.

VW, meh. Been hearing about GTE models for years and have yet to see anything intriguing from VW on sale.

Audi. Yawn. All Road. Whoopee.

MBUSA, meh. E-Class looks utterly generic.

Conti? Looks like a solid triple, from what I've seen so far. It is definitely sitting first on my list to replace the 300 since Sergio is too busy draining Chrysler/Jeep/Ram of funds to update it.

The Nissan Warrior looks wickedly awesome. They managed to take that homely as **** XD and make it down right hawt. But, as it is Nissan , no way it gets made, so no use getting excited about it. Plus it has that terrible diesel motor.

Bolt is a giant fail. 9hr recharge time on 220. What the blue ****? That is downright useless. ****, Tesla was giving away its charging IP and you decided, eh, 9hrs is fine. Idiotic.

Fusion Sport V6 sounds terrific, but it was like Ford didn't even want to talk about it. Yeah, sure, 4DRSC and all, but, psssh, whatevs....FordPass!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I keep thinking that almost Anything for a 1-2-3 follow-thru by Lincoln,
to cap-off the Conti & renewed Z would walk away with the autoshow crown...

...and probably "win the internet" too

- any concept
- any electro update
Agreed. I'd like to see the Buick concept get some Lincoln competition in the form of NAVIGATOR but I guess something has to be left for NY/China, huh?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts