Ford Inside News banner

521 - 540 of 636 Posts

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
However, I'd love to Lincoln to improve its attention to detail and material quality on its vehicles. The switch gear and door handles are works of art in the Volvo!
They're obviously not there yet, but Lincoln's current crop of switchgear is probably their best ever, or certainly in recent memory at least. I don't doubt it'll continue to improve.

To me, the rather stark Ikea like interior of the S90 does not look/feel like luxury.
Have you been in one? They're actually very nice inside (at least when done up with the wood trim....the "sporty" models with the metal trim only don't seem as nice).

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Have you been in one? They're actually very nice inside (at least when done up with the wood trim....the "sporty" models with the metal trim only don't seem as nice).
I have to agree I was in one at the Tampa Auto Show and it was pretty **** nice. I really like the wood treatment too.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I have to agree I was in one at the Tampa Auto Show and it was pretty **** nice. I really like the wood treatment too.
And to be clear, that wasn't meant as a shot at the Conti's interior, I love it too, just saying the Volvos are very nice too.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
To me, the rather stark Ikea like interior of the S90 does not look/feel like luxury...
...Have you been in one? They're actually very nice inside (at least when done up with the wood trim....the "sporty" models with the metal trim only don't seem as nice).
I actually agree with Bloggin. Even tho I really like, even prefer, a lot about the S90 (haven't seen a Conti in person yet)
AND as I used it-or-the-XC90 as a serving suggestion for Mercury2020 = I consider them "Premium"
not "trueLux"/"fullLux"
:nerd: deliberately not Linked to our old Symposium thread :angel

·
Registered
273 Posts
They're obviously not there yet, but Lincoln's current crop of switchgear is probably their best ever, or certainly in recent memory at least. I don't doubt it'll continue to improve.

Oh I agree! Our 2017 MKZ is so much nicer than our 2016 was. They're getting there! My gripes with some switch gear, like the transmission buttons, are finally addressed in the new navigator! I have so much faith in Lincoln.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Here is a recently published article from RR online entitled, "Best of the Best: Maserati, BMW and Lincoln Boast the Most Furious Four-Doors of the Year." :cool: The subtitle of the article is equally impressive: "Packed with power and performance, these make most other sedans seem sedate." It is significant that RR magazine, finds it appropriate, to equitably compare, the new 2017 Lincoln Continental, with the BMW 760i xDrive and the Maserati Levante S. For a Lincoln Motor Company product to be considered "Best of the Best" in this type of publication, bodes well for Lincoln's successful climb back, as a noted and formidable luxury brand of choice. :)

http://robbreport.com/motors/cars/best-4-door-sedan-maserati-bmw-lincoln-2714381/

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Lincoln is extremely responsive to criticism, they've adapted very quickly. The Switchgear, front fascia design, etc have all been relentlessly tweaked (sometimes at the last minute like the MKC). This is definitely a company that responds to customers, it doesn't have a specific locked-in vision that everybody has to buy into, it's very much a company that wants to please.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Lincoln is extremely responsive to criticism, they've adapted very quickly. The Switchgear, front fascia design, etc have all been relentlessly tweaked (sometimes at the last minute like the MKC). This is definitely a company that responds to customers, it doesn't have a specific locked-in vision that everybody has to buy into, it's very much a company that wants to please.
What on MKC was changed last minute?

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
IIRC, the pushbuttons were too close to the stop/start button, and so people who wanted to change to Sport mode actually turned off the MKC.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
IIRC, the pushbuttons were too close to the stop/start button, and so people who wanted to change to Sport mode actually turned off the MKC.
I believe it was actually that the start/stop was at the bottom instead of the top like on the Z so they had to just re-arrange them so start/stop was at the top instead of bottom.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I believe it was actually that the start/stop was at the bottom instead of the top like on the Z so they had to just re-arrange them so start/stop was at the top instead of bottom.
That's what he was saying (or meant anyway).

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Honestly though, how many people used the Sport mode on the MKC?
I think the problem was more that people intending to put it in drive (or sport) may have accidentally hit the start button with it at the bottom.

Putting it at the top means you may accidentally put it in sport instead of drive.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
https://spectator.org/lincolns-comeback-continental/

This almost reads like a Lincoln advertisement.
TY, BruceLinc :thumb:
I like:
"It is cleverly positioned in between mid-sized (and mid-priced) luxury-sport sedans like the BMW 5 Series and Mercedes E Class and the much pricier — and only slightly larger — full-sized BMW 7 Series and Mercedes S-Class sedans.

The Connie is only about 5 inches shorter than an S550 (and 7.6 inches longer than an E300) and has more front seat legroom than both the 740i and the S500 — and the Rolls Royce Phantom, too.

It also has much more backseat legroom — and engine — than the mid-sized 5 Series and E-Class offer.

You can also get a Connie with AWD for less than any of them. Or not at all. The Rolls Phantom is rear-drive only."
good description of segment 'positioning' imho^
but
"Base price is $44,720 — topping out at $65,075 for a Black Label edition with Lincoln’s new 400 hp twin-turbo V6 under the hood and paired up with AWD."
it's not doing the CONTI any favors by giving the BASE-[BL]-3.0T price as "topping-out" < which
*we* all know is a couple-few $_K over $80k

BTW... just checked
Lincoln.com shows the BASE-[BL]-3.0T at $68,340 without the $925 del.chg
esp since
- there's tax and a fee-afaik AND
- integral to the [BL] ethos is adding SOME option(s)
I'd prolley say something like "in the 70's"...

well - - the guy made a big stink about Base Prices for the Germans too - - not sure he's what I'd call a Lux customer
:angel

521 - 540 of 636 Posts