Ford Inside News banner

521 - 540 of 585 Posts

·
Registered
5,401 Posts

...and the electronic door that actually opens for you. There is supposed to be a button on the inside to open the door with. Very Rolls Royce!

I expect it to also close for you also.
That chrome door trim/handle looks awesome! It has a visual heft to it, they're doing a phenomenal job getting the details just right! This is such a breath of fresh air from Lincoln, all their other product has just been rendered insufficiently upscale!!

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #524 (Edited)
That interior is stunning, just don't look at the top of the dashboard.

They show the Continental moving down the road with the badge raised with the camera exposed...does it articulate or is that the design for cars equipped with the camera?

In any case, the Black Label model is the poshest Lincoln since the 60's.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
That interior is stunning, just don't look at the top of the dashboard.

They show the Continental moving down the road with the badge raised with the camera exposed...does it articulate or is that the design for cars equipped with the camera?

In any case, the Black Label model is the poshest Lincoln since the 60's.
No Lincoln has ever had this level of execution nor material quality. The 60's Continentals are iconic, but rough around the edges like any car of that era.

It's an interesting progression Lincoln has undergone of late, from the 2013 MKZ, to the MKC you could see the details improve, and again with the MKX, they were getting better at their craft! But this Continental makes those advances look like baby steps! This Continental is a paradigm shift for Lincoln!

·
Registered
2,609 Posts

Love that interior! Two tone leather steering wheel is nice, the attention to detail and by all appearances, material quality are a few steps above Lincoln's previous efforts! And look down in the drivers side door bin, the mechanical handle for opening the door won't be hard to find like on the Vette.
I agree, the interior looks fantastic. I don't mind the glossy wood in this application. The other stuff on that tester mule looked terrible, but this looks great. I can agree that the area above the center vents could've looked better (just carrying the leather part of the dash over that spot would've done), but the rest of the interior definitely makes up for it.

My only complaint, and it's a minor one, is that the chrome nav system surround is a bit too square for my liking (at the bottom mostly). I wish they would've massaged that a bit somehow, but no big deal. Goodness, I love it. I still wonder if they'll have a blue Black Label theme.

In both of those shots of the front the camera is exposed, I thought the Lincoln star was supposed to cover it unless it was in use? The star looks odd so high up in the grill.
Yeah, it appears the camera is always exposed, unlike the MKX which has the camera pop out from behind the logo....honestly, while cool and definitely cleans up the look, the pop out logo is just one more thing to break.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Who decided to show it off in white? You can't see any of the detailing or chrome accents.

Hopefully Lincoln has another press set of photos ready.

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
Wonderful simply wonderful! I agree 100% with SP on those door handles too. I was afraid they would look cheap from the spy shots but they look heavy and expensive.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I'm wondering if Lincoln is also going to release any pricing info in Detroit.

To judge the entire package, this aspect is just as important..:)

·
Registered
528 Posts
You know what --- I figured out what has been bothering me about the production version --- it seems the door/side detailing was been significantly toned down from BWM musculature to inconsequential creases. THAT is what's bothering me. Oh well.

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
I still have to see more pics but so far the interior looks very high quality but I don't like that much the design of the interior

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I like the overall design of the Continental but the flat surface under the grille bothers me like it does on the MKZ. You have this relatively curvy design then this flat surface on the front of the vehicle.

Like all vehicles, some colors enhance a vehicles design while others tone it down.

521 - 540 of 585 Posts