·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reactions: scford58

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
So it looks like SUV/CUVs are going to get a more formal grille while the cars get the Aston grille.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
About time! Right when you think the Escape was going to surpass the CRV, Honda updates it and took it to another level.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What BLOWS MY MIND is that the Equinox is outselling the Escape this YTD.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Considering the quality issues Ford N.A. had with this latest Escape, I'd say it has done fantastic in that market.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Looks too much like the Edge which I do not like. I am disappointed on the direction Ford is taking in design cues. These cars do not look like Fords anymore. They look like everything else out there. Take a look at the Hyundai or Toyotas: http://www.thecarconnection.com/car-compare-results/ford_edge_2015-vs-hyundai_santa-fe_2014-vs-toyota_venza_2015. I was driving the other day and a Hyundai Santa Fe was coming towards me. At least I though it was until it got closer and I saw the Ford Blue oval. It was a new Edge. I will be buying the old body style of the Escape before the new ones come out. Should be some nice rebates too.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I'm glad to see this update as I think the new Edge is outstanding. I hope this will fix the only issue I have with the current Escape. That being the huge amount of flimsy/cheap black plastic in the lower fascia. I can't wait to see the newly updated model.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Weird why Ford N.A. does not offer the painted body kit for those that do not want the lower black bits.

For myself I am glad to have the choice, as we drive the Kuga in off road conditions, to get to our summer house, or to out the way fishing holes etc etc. I love the look of the body kit, but I would cringe if this was on our Kuga everytime driving through these cow paths and trails through the forest. Painted skirts would not keep their nice looks for long.

From those spy pics, the front grill reminds me of the new Everest SUV. Of course hard to say what it really is under the camo. IMO the current Kuga/Escape face is my least favorite design area, and would like to see this fixed. But I hope it does not go the direction of the EcoSport face.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Not optimistic about what I'm seeing here, I don't like that grille on the Edge and it looks really weird here. The new tail design looks interesting, much better lamps. I guess it looks a little more premium, closer to the new CRV. It is a significant redesign.

Are we certain this is a 2016?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Not optimistic about what I'm seeing here, I don't like that grille on the Edge and it looks really weird here. The new tail design looks interesting, much better lamps. I guess it looks a little more premium, closer to the new CRV. It is a significant redesign.

Are we certain this is a 2016?
This has to be a 2017 since you can order a 2016 right now. 2016 production starts 6/15. I don't think you will see anything new here, but pretty much a carryover 2015.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I hate the black cladding of the Escape, I see it everyday in my parking lot. I too would just be satisified if they got rid of that. The refreshed Explorer is starting to grow on me.... in certain colors. I saw a truck load of Edges on the way to a local dealer. In base trim, I don't like the front end, the higher trims look better especially the Sport. I've seen 1 new Murano in black but no Edges.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I hate the black cladding of the Escape, I see it everyday in my parking lot. I too would just be satisified if they got rid of that.
Like this would help yes?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
1 - 20 of 105 Posts