Ford Inside News banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Fusion should be at LAIAS. MKZ will either be alongside Continental at NAIAS or shortly thereafter, since they won't want to spoil the new grille design by debuting it on a refresh before their flagship.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I am guessing MKZ at NY.

·
Registered
128 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Looks like LED headlights and foglight, although not the high-tech ones from Europe.

Still no Vista Roof unfortunately, Chevy, Hyundai, Kia have one (among others).

It's pretty bad when the only camo you need for the back is a strip of electric tape, haha. This is an area that needs allot more work.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Looks like LED headlights and foglight, although not the high-tech ones from Europe.

It's pretty bad when the only camo you need for the back is a strip of electric tape, haha. This is an area that needs allot more work.
Big additions/alterations like that usually don't happen in MCEs.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Yeah, ford has been lackluster in the lighting technology. Maybe with Lincoln growth we'll finally get good lighting options on Fords.

The platform dates back to 2004 Focus, and 2006 Mondeo, with the minimal re-engineering done for the G2 Fusion / G4 Mondeo merge. I suspect there's a structural member behind the sunroof that no one wanted to pay for re-engineering. The alternative reason is more cynical -- MKZ

I disagree. I see nothing that needs serious change. So I guess they listened to me, not you when doing the MCE. That piece of tape is curious. I wonder if there is chrome or an LED strip underneath. (I hope not the latter -- that should become a Lincoln's design element, not Ford's.

·
Registered
436 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Exterior of the current car is great looking, it is the interior that needs the most help IMO.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Where is the shot of the new front end?

Reports rumor on the interior is that Ford did not want to update the the center console design! I think this the main weakness of Fusion's interior!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
What's so "weak" about it?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Hmm surprised to hear criticism of the Fusion interior! I think it's wonderful and very competitive. Only interior in its class I prefer is the Mazda 6.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Re the Fusion/Mondeo interior - IMO I would rather see them add the same center console as found in the S-Max, Galaxy and Edge, and put some sign of design in the door cards. I have zero issues with the quality of materials used in the interior, and the switch gear and damping is top notch.
Overall to my eyes, the interior design is such a let down compared to the premium design language of the exterior.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Ford was on the march toward more premium interior designs with greater customization and color choices, but that seems to have largely stopped as they tone down design and simplify choice in all their mainstream products outside of F-150.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts