Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jalopnik-Here it is in all its naked glory: the next Ford Super Duty pickup truck. This is what the 2017 Ford F-250, F-350, and F-450 will look like. What do you think?

This picture came to us with no context or information, so no news on power, equipment, or capability. But Ford recently tuned up their 6.7 Power Stroke diesel and still offers the 6.2 gasoline V8, those powerplants will probably see duty in the new truck.

It's also been confirmed that Ford's next Super Duty (this one pictured here) will have an aluminum body just like the 2015 F-150.

Picture at: http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/2017-...eres-the-first-real-pictur-1691057669/+travis

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
mmm...first pic, I will wait for more but that front end doesn´t look good.
they screw up the F150 front in the SD......too much grille also

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I really don't like it. I thought the Titan was bad but this thing takes the cake.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Not feeling that front end at all but here's something interesting from the comments... looks like it has the same body as the F150 probably to save cost for the aluminum body panels.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Why can't any rogue photographers ever get any Lincoln photos like this?

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Definitely a F-150 Cab. Great to see. I am trying my best to reserve judgement until I see some official photos, grille options, and additional trims. But as I said earlier, this pic looks awful.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Overall it's a great looking truck. That front end is almost scary though.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Am I the only one who see's GM in the front hood line? I don't like it, but then I didn't like the last refresh and that one grew on me over time so who knows.

·
Registered
436 Posts
^ Yeah I see what you're saying about the hood line.

·
Registered
620 Posts
My first impression, particularly from the nose, is that the Ford stylist(s) involved need to be fired and blacklisted so thoroughly that they never get a job better than "graveyard convenience store clerk in horrible neighborhood".

·
FIN Moderator
2,106 Posts
In general, truck designs have been becoming more and more overwrought.

I prefer trucks with a minimum amount of chrome (or no chrome at all) with a simple, masculine design. It wasn't too long ago that every truck brand followed that same exact formula.

·
Registered
436 Posts
It might not look so bad if it wasn't for those two huge chrome bars.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Well, it makes a statement for sure. SuperDuty has always looked ugly at first but kinda impressive on the road. Truck front ends are incredibly ornamental, it's really funny because the rest of the truck design is as basic and functional as design gets which is probably why this happens. Hopefully this also means that SuperDuty won't go 20 years between body styles since it's now married to the F-150.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts