Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 229 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
...To Host 50+ Debuts, BMW And Mercedes To Have Major Premieres
CarScoops
| By Michael Gauthier | Sep 7, 2017

The Los Angeles Auto Show has confirmed this year's event will include more than 50 debuts.

Set to kick off on November 27th, the 2017 Los Angeles Auto Show will have "significant world and North American premieres" from BMW and Mercedes. Other global debuts will come from automakers such as Lexus, Lincoln, Infiniti, and Toyota. General Motors will also introduce at least one new model but there's no word on which brand or brands are involved.

If that hasn't whetted your appetite, the auto show says we can expect "debuts and experiential showcases" from Audi, Hyundai, Jaguar, Land Rover, and Volvo. Tesla will also be exhibiting in the main hall for the first time in the show's history.

Only a handful of debuts have been officially announced and they include North American premieres of the Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross and MINI Electric Concept. We can also expect to see the BMW i8 Roadster, Mercedes CLS, Jeep Wrangler, and possibly even a Volkswagen Passat GT. Porsche has also been rumored to introduce the new 911 Speedster at this year's event.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Lincoln typically is not active in LA.
Not true

2015 - MKZ refresh
2014 - MKX Concept for North American Debut
2013 - MKC
2011 - MKS and MKT
2010 - MKZ Hybrid
2007 - 2009 MKS

Reactions: falcon lover

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I wonder if Lincoln will show the MKC or MKX?
I think refreshed MKX, as it is set for release in 2nd half of next year...MKC follows later.
Maybe an Aviator concept for Detroit.

Ford may have refreshed Transit, and show refreshed Edge at Detroit.
At one or the other, I expect a Mustang variant as well.

Reactions: Bloggin

·
Registered
750 Posts
I think refreshed MKX, as it is set for release in 2nd half of next year...MKC follows later.

Ford may have refreshed Transit, and show refreshed Edge at Detroit.
Looking forward to the Aviator making a comeback; that's supposed to be on the D6R platform, yes?

Perhaps we'll see a Bullitt.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Looking forward to the Aviator making a comeback; that's supposed to be on the D6R platform, yes?

Perhaps we'll see a Bullitt.

If the Bullitt looks as good as I am picturing in my head... I may end up trading in my Bullitt and my 9-5 Turbo and possibly maybe my Bronco for one... and I'll have to stay in the military for another year to cover some of the cost :crying2:

but...

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
just-imho, we're getting the new grille on the MKC BEFORE the all-new one
+
imho, the 9-speed should accompany ANY change to the X
2018s are already about to come out. The refresh will be 2019. Escape is likely to be 2020, so MKC might be a year after that, all new for 2021, which would mean the refresh lasting for 2 years. Remember, MKC debuted for 2015 model year, meaning it's gone 4 years before a refresh, so 2021 would be a typical 6-year product cycle...
I still wonder about the C & Escape de-coupling - but I'm stubborn >:) + not That rational
&
'18my MKC's Job1 was just like 10 days ago & the
'18my MKX's Job1 is gonna be 10 days from now...
Don't expect to see either at (most) dealers before November
...I'd love to see BOTH 'refreshes' start January-or-ASAP

...I think whether they debut both at the same show will depend on what they have in the pipeline for the rest of the show season. If they have a surprise concept (say next-gen MKZ or Aviator), then we'll likely see them both at LA. But if they don't have anything else slated, I think we'll see them debut at separate shows, just to keep some launch momentum going through multiple shows.
so conversely

*IF* they show both at L.A, they should have somethin else later, like NYC

*IF* they show only One at L.A, we might get ONLY one other later

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
The MKC or MKX, probably the MKC. Would not be surprised if we also get a new name.
yeah...I think it will be the refreshed MKC and I bet it will also be offered as a PHEV with inductive charging since China needs the 31-mile PHEV for 2018 and 2019 clean energy requirements. But 40+ EV miles would be an even better 'bridge' vehicle until an EV is available. Ford needs to make an effort to go above the minimum.

As far as Ford is behind, they cannot afford to launch ANYTHING new or refreshed without a plug, and right now, they all should be over 40+ miles of range and stand out in some way from the competition. Because it's no longer about how many mpg, but how much EV range can it offer.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Reactions: Bloggin and 2b2

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
It would be strange to electrify the MKC with a facelift on a platform that is being replaced in 2020 with a new Escape. From what I've seen the MKC facelift is much less significant than the MKX, they really cut some corners by retaining most of the existing lower fascia and headlights despite the new grille. The MKX replaces the entire front with major powertrain upgrades. The MKC and MKX look quite different from each other after the update, the MKX gets some new design details derived from the Navigator while the MKC holds onto a more swept-back design of the current design. I like the MKC update mostly, MKX is kinda boxy in a Volvo XC90 sort of way and may look good once cleaned up but I still hate that boxy oversized Lincoln grille.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
It would be strange to electrify the MKC with a facelift on a platform that is being replaced in 2020 with a new Escape. From what I've seen the MKC facelift is much less significant than the MKX, they really cut some corners by retaining most of the existing lower fascia and headlights despite the new grille. The MKX replaces the entire front with major powertrain upgrades. The MKC and MKX look quite different from each other after the update, the MKX gets some new design details derived from the Navigator while the MKC holds onto a more swept-back design of the current design. I like the MKC update mostly, MKX is kinda boxy in a Volvo XC90 sort of way and may look good once cleaned up but I still hate that boxy oversized Lincoln grille.
Yeah, I'd be surprised if we saw any electrification for MKC until the redesign.

1 - 20 of 229 Posts