Ford Inside News banner

21 - 40 of 229 Posts

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Assuming we'll see the MKX, but hoping for MKC or an electric as well. Nothing for Ford?
didn't see anything but 'production' for Ford ... guess Mr.Hatchett's [moving-faster] hasn't gotten moving yet

...From what I've seen the MKC facelift is much less significant than the MKX...
only have old info (MKC new 'soon' in Jan.2019 when Escape adds Cuautitlán, MKX new in Mar.2022) but
can also see this as just spending more on the higher profit Cuv
+
hoping for a re-alignment with a tauter-on-the-outside C, making room for a Macan-competitor
...I'm still wonder about the C & Escape de-coupling - but I'm stubborn >:) + not That rational...
*IF* they show both at L.A, they should have somethin else later, like NYC

*IF* they show only One at L.A, we might get ONLY one other later

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
It would be strange to electrify the MKC with a facelift on a platform that is being replaced in 2020 with a new Escape. From what I've seen the MKC facelift is much less significant than the MKX, they really cut some corners by retaining most of the existing lower fascia and headlights despite the new grille. The MKX replaces the entire front with major powertrain upgrades. The MKC and MKX look quite different from each other after the update, the MKX gets some new design details derived from the Navigator while the MKC holds onto a more swept-back design of the current design. I like the MKC update mostly, MKX is kinda boxy in a Volvo XC90 sort of way and may look good once cleaned up but I still hate that boxy oversized Lincoln grille.
The one thing I do remember reading that was a quote from Ford was that the upcoming refreshed models will get electrification. This would be the same hybrid or PHEV system that is in the C-Max, sharing the same platform. And I also say this because the MKC is the highest volume sales model in China for Lincoln. And Lincoln new energy vehicle sales need to reach at least 800 monthly on sales of 100k annual units by 2019. The same goes for the refreshed MKX.

BTW...Hyundai is launching a 240 mile EV version of this by 2018.

Along with a longer range 200+ mile range Iconq coming around the same time....

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Am I imagining that we saw spy pics of an MKC with a plug?

Or am I thinking of the next-gen Escape mule?

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'll be surprised if the 2019 MKX is shown in LA. As far as I can tell, the 2018's aren't on lots yet, and you can't even build them at Lincoln.com. Plus, recent history tells us we should see the 2019 Edge first. I'm hoping for an Aviator concept soon, although I think it's too early. Detroit, Chicago or New York seems more likely for that.

If a production model debuts in LA, I'd wager it'll be the MKC. If I'm remembering correctly, it's going to be a short cycle though, right? An all new MKC or whatever it's called will be arriving earlier than is typical? If so, it's all the more reason we'll see the refreshed MKC first.

·
Registered
10,940 Posts
Hater?? Um...hasn't he spent his hard earned money on several lincolns in the last few years?

There is a difference between hate of Lincoln and critiquing and expressing dislike of product and how a company is (mis) managed.
and some might say there is a difference between critiquing a company, and repetitively accentuating and then denouncing everything they perceive as inferior against every competitor in the industry.

And for the record, leasing requires far less commitment of ones monies.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
and some might say there is a difference between critiquing a company, and repetitively accentuating and then denouncing everything they perceive as inferior against every competitor in the industry.

And for the record, leasing requires far less commitment of ones monies.
I have been more fair then you give me credit for, I have praised and criticized but focusing only on the critique is your fault and not mine.

And I hate to break it to you but leasing a car is not like renting a car. It's a financial contract like any other and it's a smarter one than buying a new car outright, especially a luxury car. And unlike a purchase, I can't just unload the car anytime I want.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
I'll be surprised if the 2019 MKX is shown in LA. As far as I can tell, the 2018's aren't on lots yet, and you can't even build them at Lincoln.com. Plus, recent history tells us we should see the 2019 Edge first. I'm hoping for an Aviator concept soon, although I think it's too early. Detroit, Chicago or New York seems more likely for that.

If a production model debuts in LA, I'd wager it'll be the MKC. If I'm remembering correctly, it's going to be a short cycle though, right? An all new MKC or whatever it's called will be arriving earlier than is typical? If so, it's all the more reason we'll see the refreshed MKC first.
I'd need an iota of current info for rational speculation...
since I don't-got, gonna go completely with imagination
:nerd:
_ can't believe if a 'concept' is Fully-based on a production vehicle that it (has to) cost that/very much; the million dollar showcars of the GoldenAge were frequently one-offs down to their TIRES & custom real-glass!
_ and just as styling-exercises for public response, they don't even have to self-propel, esp not in any competitive/realistic manner
IF I was ready to bend peoples' minds, I'd do 3 or 4:
_ L.A production MKC with new grille and doodads. NAIAS add ONE-OF
_ stretched MKX 3-row (see China-Edge). Screw Chicago as usual, then NYC=
_ far-future, styling-ONLY, Aviator. Mainly to showcase different interior volume from X-3row...might be 'fabricated' on a swb Navi-F150-RANGER? 'frame' for ease of fooling-everybody...I mean 'construction' :nevreness:
_ IF I DARED... have a science-fictiony ALT-MACAN too. But really think that needs to wait until the post-Mulally dust has settled (which might include getting Mr.Hatchett's SUCCESSOR in place
>:) next show-season's prolley better...)

·
Registered
2,609 Posts

I know 2018 MKCs are already at dealers. I guess not for MKXs. But that wouldn't have anything to do with when they'd show a 2019, which wouldn't be out until late next year anyway.

I think Escape is lined up for a 2020 redesign, but yes, I'm thinking the MKC's refresh will only last 2 years, redesigned for 2021. That'd be a full 6-year lifespan (new for 2015), just with a late refresh.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
_ can't believe if a 'concept' is Fully-based on a production vehicle that it (has to) cost that/very much; the million dollar showcars of the GoldenAge were frequently one-offs down to their TIRES & custom real-glass!
Even with 3D printing and utilizing existing structures a decent exterior only concept is still extremely expensive.

_ and just as styling-exercises for public response, they don't even have to self-propel, esp not in any competitive/realistic manner
IF I was ready to bend peoples' minds, I'd do 3 or 4:
All that does is piss people off. Just look at Cadillac and Buick, they've done some of the most beautiful concepts in recent memory then say sorry, no soup for you. Even Lincoln's concepts being relatively close in design to their production variants served only to highlight how poor the production vehicles actually are vs what they could have been.

Wake me up when a D6 based, or all electric Lincoln concept is presented.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
The MKX went on a production hiatus to thin out inventory which is actually one of the main reasons I didn't buy another because it delayed 2018 orders by a couple months. The MKX I had ordered (along with all pending 2018 Orders) are scheduled to day 10/19/17 but that usually slips a couple weeks. The 2019 Edge/MKX probably won't be arriving on dealer lots until end of 2018 but the mild MKC update should be out for Fall so my guess is they'll save the MKX debut for next year.

Lincoln doesn't have any major new products in their lineup through the end of the decade so my guess is the MKX update will be the big news for 2018. We might see an Aviator concept at the 2019 NAIAS, although that might be a little early since Explorer and Aviator appear to be 2020/2021 products along with the NG MKC. But we may also see Lincoln's BEV in that time frame as well, which has been on their schedule for years now but Ford's electrification plans have been deferred a few times along with the NG Explorer which suffered a huge delay when CD6 was cancelled.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
The MKX went on a production hiatus to thin out inventory which is actually one of the main reasons I didn't buy another because it delayed 2018 orders by a couple months.
Did you lease a new Audi yet?

·
Registered
2,609 Posts

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
21 - 40 of 229 Posts