Ford Inside News banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2019 Chevy Blazer looks like the Camaro of crossovers

After months of rumors, speculation and waiting, we finally have our first look at the new 2019 Chevy Blazer. The Blazer's sharp lines are a surprising departure from other more conservative Chevy models, drawing a lot of influence from the refreshed 2019 Camaro. The new two-row model will slot below the Chevy Equinox and larger Chevy Traverse, filling a gap for those who want a larger crossover without a third row.

more at: https://www.autoblog.com/2018/06/21/2019-chevy-blazer-official-info-pictures-346423423aewe64w/

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
The Camaro of crossovers? Seeing the Camaro sales numbers , that is not a good thing...

P.S.: Please have someone call the police. Chevy stole the grill of some Lexus RX and put it in front of that Chevy

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I am not feeling this, there's something about Chevy's new face they are showing that just isn't jiving well with me. Camaro SS and Silverado same thing.

Reactions: Rick Astley and 2b2

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
This will compete with the Ford Edge, Nissan Murano, and the Hyundai/Kia mid-sized 2 rows.
There are some parts of the design I like, and other parts not so much. The same can be said for the Edge.
I think they should offer a third engine choice.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
It's very interesting how different they look in different colors.

I don't mind the red one, the silver one does look like a typical Chevy.

I don't mind the front except for those stupid headlights way down on the bumper. It's a worrying trend that seems to be spreading, and it looks terrible.

The rear, however, looks like a Nissan mixed with a Mazda to me. I don't like the interior much, but I don't like Camaro's either, which this clearly draws from.

Reactions: SP1966

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Not a fan of the looks and really not a fan of the name. When they first announced they were bringing back the Blazer I really thought it was in response to the Bronco, but nope this appears to be their Edge.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The Camaro of crossovers? Seeing the Camaro sales numbers , that is not a good thing...

P.S.: Please have someone call the police. Chevy stole the grill of some Lexus RX and put it in front of that Chevy
Yeh, and the Japanese car companies have never copied US car makers.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I think it looks really great. It's very with-the-times. Only gripes are 1 the name should not be Blazer and 2 it really screams Lexus RX + Hyundai Santa Fe.

Really handsome though. 9/10!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I think it looks really great. It's very with-the-times. Only gripes are 1 the name should not be Blazer and 2 it really screams Lexus RX + Hyundai Santa Fe.

I'm pretty impressed at how quick they show the vehicle after they announce it's coming.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts

I think it looks miles better than the Lexus RX! The RX is one of the most absurdly styled vehicles ever made, I think even the old Pontiac Aztec was, if not better, at least less bad. The Blazer manages to look aggressive without looking cartoonish. It's nice to see companies not settling for bland crossover design, it's a segment that was in need of tasteful aggression!

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
I hope Ford doesn't join this "me too" trend of mounting headlights low with separate DRLs positioned high.
This trend is the particular face of the french automaker Citröen... here the C3 Aircross, C4 Cactus, C3 hatch and C4 Space Tourer...

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
With the exception of the look-at-me grille, the Blazer is handsome enough I guess. It's not in the least bit original, however. Lexus and Hyundai styling features abound, and I see a fair amount of the new RDX in there, too, although to be fair that must be largely the result of them both following similar industry trends. The RDX is too new for it to have been intentionally copied.

There's nothing special about the powertrains, either. It would have been nice to see the twin turbo 3.6L make an appearance in the RS trim. Is this Chevy being too conservative, or more evidence that their 9-speed has torque limitations? I guess it doesn't matter the reason, it's a missed opportunity any way you look at it.

Regarding the Blazer name, I don't get it. It's not a bad name at all, but it's a name that historically was applied to a very different type of utility vehicle. Ironically, it's the Chevy loyalists who are most likely to be most upset at the use of the name here. I don't think most non-Bowtie fans will mind at all.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I like it! I hate that they used the Blazer name on it though. To me Blazer and Camaro are Chevy's Bronco and Mustang.

I feel the same way, but if GMI is an indication Chevy enthusiasts in general don't agree. Only a couple of people agreed that the Blazer name should be reserved for something more historically appropriate and special, the rest almost universally argued that the K5 Blazer was terrible, and virtually nobody even remembered the original model at all.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts