Ford Inside News banner

241 - 254 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Just landed in Motor City! Headed to the show tonight. Will post my thoughts!

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #243 (Edited)
To be honest, if the MK4 doesn't come to the US, and the Fusion does go away, there's no need for me to look at Ford anymore. I used to love and still want to like Ford and their designs. What do you do when your favorite company makes short sighted decisions? I just don't care for SUVs, crossovers and trucks.

If no new sedans become available after this generation, either my next car will be an '08-10 Taurus, or I will be looking to another brand like Chevrolet, or if they deliver and return to the US, PSA.

I joined FIN to hopefully encourage the community to help Ford make well rounded decisions, not putting eggs in one basket.

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
To be honest, if the MK4 doesn't come to the US, and the Fusion does go away, there's no need for me to look at Ford anymore. I used to love and still want to like Ford and their designs. What do you do when your favorite company makes short sighted decisions? I just don't care for SUVs, crossovers and trucks.

If no new sedans become available after this generation, either my next car will be an '08-10 Taurus, or I will be looking to another brand like Chevrolet, or if they deliver and return to the US, PSA.

I joined FIN to hopefully encourage the community to help Ford make well rounded decisions, not putting eggs in one basket.
Current Fusion nicely straddles stylish efficiency in a PHEV to a muscle sport sedan, which few offer.

But hey, if you would rather drive one of these, then it is a free country, and I would not blame you. It has a timeless-ness about it, and one of the best sedans we have made. Good luck either way.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts

Focus is coming and Fusion isn't going away. Taurus and Fiesta yes, they're going away.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #248
The 2008 Gen Taurus would still be a solid choice today if only it had a modern Infotainment system and the safety features we have now. (Automatic Braking). It's a Volvo in Ford clothing.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Hahah so today is a charity preview day. I had no credentials but just walked into the Cobo like I belonged. It was completely empty! Opens to the public in the morning. I got to hang out at the Lincoln stand, walk through Ford and everything. I totally just strut around like someone important. I will post pics later. Hilarious!

·
Registered
83 Posts
:thumb: @70 Stang
here too - is yours dealer-run like ours?
Last year some got into a hissy-fit so the Jaguar one refused to participate :angel
It's a Motortrend show. We had the Continental and the Expedition last year, so it's not to bad. I've never been to a big show so I don't have much to compare it to.

·
Registered
59 Posts

Totally agree, the Fusion needs 8-9 speed trans, '18 Malibu has 9 spd already, most everyone else has 8 spds, and Ford wonders why Fusion sales are down? Fusion Sport needs more gears to achieve better hwy economy and the 131mph top speed is a joke, you can pickup an Impala na V6 and go 149 mph and get better fuel economy.
Lincoln MKZ and Continental need more gears as well. Flagship models with dated 6 spd trans, when all their competitors have had 8 spds for a number of years, and many much lesser vehicles as well.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Re: 2018 Detroit auTo Show (NAITS)

watching NBC's program from the Detroit Truck Show and it's really struggling to hold my attention
( like posting DURING it :facepalm: )
but happened to catch the bÖgus show-within-the-show sign: [automÖbility]
oh wait - IT"S WORSE: "autoMÖBILI-D"
which imhÖ Öughta be [autØmØbility]
WARNING: contains Carlos Ghosn
I stopped watching - posting withOUT embedding
http://youtu.be/hcKxkIr1xyk

241 - 254 of 254 Posts