Ford Inside News banner

181 - 198 of 198 Posts

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Re: 2018 Ford Expedition spied

New Navigator features I would like to see...
- Fingerprint recognition on start button for individual driver settings...
:thumb: OR:
- voice-command, "g'morning car, this is George" OR
- have it recognize which keyfob it is as approaching = everything is position by the time the door auto-opens

...- 3rd row intercom for front front row communication...
OR... ultra-sound-cancelling so no one CAN hear them :D

...- 3rd row sunshade...
Also - sun/moon roofs that can open OVER the rear compartment
( gotta be already planned for China )

>:)

·
Registered
5,932 Posts

also a passenger seat bode sensor that allows them to edit and wrk the navigation features while driving
I wish all Lincolns/Fords had this. I've done some long trips with my g/f and there have been times when I would get a text and I would tell her to just use the default replies built into the system and it wouldn't let her cause I was driving. Annoying.

·
Registered
108 Posts

The new expy/navis are looking to be real gorgeous. The design is very ford explorer but the explorer is a good looking truckette. It looks alot better with the 20 inchers.

·
Registered
30 Posts

Good day fellow Ford fans, here is an inside scoop with regards the new Expedition. He saw the vehicle personally at a dealer event and gave his feedback. I am including the YouTube video link

·
Registered
2,270 Posts

Thanks for posting that video BrianAAA...I can't wait to see the production Expedition

·
Registered
31 Posts

Those exhaust tips are special tips used to connect emissions testing equipment. Pretty standard for test mules, whether gas or diesel.

·
Registered
31 Posts

Way to dash all my dreams lol
If (when) the F150 gets the diesel, I expect the Expedition to do the same. Since they will be share the same basic architecture, engines, transmissions, I see no reason to keep the diesel from the Expy. So, keep those dreams alive! :grin2:

·
Registered
5,932 Posts

If (when) the F150 gets the diesel, I expect the Expedition to do the same. Since they will be share the same basic architecture, engines, transmissions, I see no reason to keep the diesel from the Expy. So, keep those dreams alive! :grin2:
I expect the diesel to make it's way to the foreign Navigator maybe in China but probably not here in the US not sure if the demand is high enough. Fun fact last time Lincoln had a diesel offering was the 80s Mark VII and Continental which was a 2.4 I6 Turbo from BMW.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Here's the link I posted on on the other forum about the same thing. This guy saw the vehicle. He works at a Ford dealership.
https://youtu.be/DBSuIqjTrRw
So the front and rear of the upcoming Expedition is Explorer-ish, while the sides look like those of the Navigator Concept.
I guess the upcoming Expedition gets body colored C-pillars like the current one...

....while the Navigator has hidden C-pillars under the glass.

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
Here's the link I posted on on the other forum about the same thing. This guy saw the vehicle. He works at a Ford dealership.
https://youtu.be/DBSuIqjTrRw
A few details from the video about the 2018 Expedition:

- Aluminum body
- Share same platform as current F-150
- 3.5L EcoBoost - same as 2017 F-150
- Front end looks like current Explorer refresh
- Side looks like F-150/Explorer
- Back end looks like Infiniti full size SUV(hope not)
- Looks more like the Navigator spy photos.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
A few details from the video about the 2018 Expedition:

- Aluminum body
- Share same platform as current F-150
- 3.5L EcoBoost - same as 2017 F-150
- Front end looks like current Explorer refresh
- Side looks like F-150/Explorer
- Back end looks like Infiniti full size SUV(hope not)
- Looks more like the Navigator spy photos.
I think he's saying it looks like the Infiniti in that it'll have lights extending into the liftgate. Beyond that, I don't see it looking like the Infiniti at all.

·
Registered
108 Posts
the infiniti and new armada are just ugly looking trucks, nice interiors though. the video didnt really give us new information, more just verified speculated information, wish he able to see the interior to give us info on that or some new feature content. it is nice to kno that its possible that ford can now uodate the expy as easily as it does with the f150, just not enough so it makes a brand new purchase obselete by year 3

181 - 198 of 198 Posts