Ford Inside News banner

101 - 120 of 198 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
Re: 2017 Ford (alu?-)Expedition Spotted

....noticing that the new Everest does have a hint of baby Land Cruiser in it's design...

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts

^ the Japanese esp Toyletta seem to have '"resembled"' soooo much from Ford IMHO
that It'd be great if someone(else) researched the first appearance of that kind of frontend -
- I'd include the TauruX/Freestyle, if not the original Bold-Fusion

I am kinda expecting the next gen Expedition to look a lot like...
my rant:
I'd like every one of possible/numerous trims-variants to use different (esp frontend) designs:
SuperDuty
F-150 (several)
Explorer (a couple)
VigNail
MusStang!!​

also, With AND withOUT:
...black cladding like current Expedition...
&
...RWD/BOF: Expedition -> Everest -> BRONCO
:)

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts

I like how the rear door window corner is kicked up like F-150, along with the cargo area window. It looks like it will share the side cut lines, door handles and belt line as well.

Notice how the more vertical rear door/window stops before the rim of the rear tire on the new model, which should offer easier entry, especially for third row.

2018 Expedition does look like it is now bigger, more upright. Which does make sense, as the new F-150 is bigger(taller/wider) than it's previous version.

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
Re: 2018 Ford (alu?-)Expedition Spotted

I also noticed that the third row/cargo area window is drops lower than the side door windows. Which could offer a more open feeling at the third row, especially with the expected double or triple sun roofs/vista roof panels.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Am I the only one thinking it's still clearly just a mule?

Reactions: 2b2

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
...yeah....it dose look like that mule we have seen before. Just a closer look and design elements expected on the new model.

But wait...are those Lincoln wheels?

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
I hope Ford does what GM has done, with offering a more 'comfortable/car like' dash on the Tahoe/Suburban and an option on Silverado, along with the more boxy/business-like/F-150-like dash of the Silverado.

However, the Lincoln Navigator Concept offers a more horizontal design, with a docked display. Which is a departure from the current Lincoln dash designs....even the New Continental that has a flowing center stack.

i would expect the flowing dash of the Continental is carried on to Navigator, with Expedition using those design bones to also offer a more flowing Taurus dash design. Then there could be the standard boxy F-150 interior dash as an option also.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
...However, the Lincoln Navigator Concept offers a more horizontal design, with a docked display. Which is a departure from the current Lincoln dash designs....even the New Continental that has a flowing center stack.

i would expect the flowing dash of the Continental is carried on to Navigator, with Expedition using those design bones to also offer a more flowing Taurus dash design. Then there could be the standard boxy F-150 interior dash as an option also.
just-imho
Ford could easily offer a a car-ish Exped interior (Navi-based) as well as use/borrow/steal a very diff one from the F-series
but
Lincoln will only get one style.

j-i², the touchy part will be if/since the car-ish Exped will prolley share under-structure with the Navi, that they make sure there's no obvious relationship between them

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I hope Ford does what GM has done, with offering a more 'comfortable/car like' dash on the Tahoe/Suburban and an option on Silverado, along with the more boxy/business-like/F-150-like dash of the Silverado.

However, the Lincoln Navigator Concept offers a more horizontal design, with a docked display. Which is a departure from the current Lincoln dash designs....even the New Continental that has a flowing center stack.

The Navigator's interior will look just like the concept, aside from materials (outside of a Nautical BL version, which would then look like the concept), it won't take anything from Continental.

Reactions: 2b2 and Bloggin

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts

So maybe what we are looking for is the interior design direction of future Lincoln models. Clean horizontal lines with larger upright display and transmission controls set horizontally. While putting the center console as a separate component.

If this is the case, it would be launched with the New Continental, next with the New Large Sedan or Aviator then MKZ....

Audi Q7

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
I still want a raising/lowering screen (^even bigger than that^)
up = only when using NAV (ie rarely) or other features that REQUIRE a huge screen-area (can't think of ANY!)
down = (and looking Built-In!! the rest(MOST) of the time

:jumping up & down MAD smilie:

edit & get rid of that DININGROOM TABLE-wide center console
:rant:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I don't like screens that are on the top of dashboards. I think it would be much easier and better-looking if they just moved the screen to where the instruments are, and use the center stack for more vents and speakers.

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
I still want a raising/lowering screen (^even bigger than that^)
up = only when using NAV (ie rarely) or other features that REQUIRE a huge screen-area (can't think of ANY!)
down = (and looking Built-In!! the rest(MOST) of the time

:jumping up & down MAD smilie:

edit & get rid of that DININGROOM TABLE-wide center console
I think the new screen has to be at least 10 inches instead of the current 8. Especially in such a large vehicle. What I am thinking is that the screen could also lower to about 1/4 it's full size, with a special row of features that may be wanted, music data, time/temp, etc. But can be fully hidden. However, automatically fully raised when asking for directions, engaging reverse gear or for full functionality.

And yea, that center console has to get smaller, because even now it's crowing the seats.

I hope Lincoln keeps the third row intercom at least on a trim package. Also both second and third row seats need to recline and move forward and back. I also would like the second row captain's chairs to be able to rotate and face the third row. Press a button and third row moves back and second moves forward and spins. Now you have a meeting/conversation space.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
Bloggin said:
...What I am thinking is that the screen could also lower to about 1/4 it's full size, with a special row of features that may be wanted, music data, time/temp, etc. But can be fully hidden. However, automatically fully raised when asking for directions, engaging reverse gear or for full functionality. ..
I fully meant exactly^that first part - can't legally use Nav (or Harry Potter movies) while driving so why have that huge screen reflecting glare all the time?...
...just didn't 'splain very well :yikes:
tho
don't feel a need to hide it completely...
...just look built-in when "down"...to 1/4 or so

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
2018 Ford Expedition spied

2018 Ford Expedition spied looking stylish

The Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator got a cool reception for their 2015 warmed-over redesign. But with big, high-riding vehicles once again in vogue, Ford is pushing ahead with a ground-up redesign of its biggest SUVs.

Based on these spy shots, the Expedition will continue to serve as the Navigator's more affordable twin. Yes, that's a bold prediction, considering we still haven't spotted Lincoln testing the new Navigator, but study the greenhouses on this Expedition prototype and the Navigator Concept from New York – from the arrow-straight belt line to the extra-long rear window to the aggressively raked windshield, this Expedition's overall profile is broadly similar to what Lincoln previewed earlier this year.

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/09/06/2018-ford-expedition-spied-stylish-navigator/#slide-4048985

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Re: 2018 Ford Expedition spied

I had drawn this back in 2009 as what a next-gen Expy could look like. From these spy shots, it looks like I may not be all that far off.

101 - 120 of 198 Posts