Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
Focus confirmed for Geneva.

http://www.carscoops.com/2017/12/first-official-look-on-brand-new-ford.html

Though they may show it to us? If not now, then in New York.

So what will they show here? Edge, Explorer? Will they surprise us with a large sedan? (Maybe the Taurus will become fully autonomous or an EV?)

Focus is not important for Hackett’s Ford. Not for USA... maybe the Focus will not debut there

Hackett’s Ford count on the SUVs and Crossovers when the sedans will be killed. But the growth of Ford crossovers and SUVs are not as higher as the other automakers line of SUVs and Crossovers. The future of Ford looks bad

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
We're getting the Focus, but from China. When the US Spec model will debut is unknown. I think this will be the last sedan we get. Making too drastic of a shift to SUVs will only hurt them.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
If I wanted to take people off of sedans, here is how I would do it.:

On the dealer's side:

! Important !
Never force people to buy anything. Don't force buyers to get an SUV, but warn them regular cars are declining.

Ex:
"More people these days are buying crossovers and SUVs. Do you still want a regular car?"

(Yes or No Response)

"Okay."

On Ford Motor Company's end:

Start off by reducing options. Not key safety features or necessities. Lavish items many could do without.

Then reduce trims. Take away the least selling or unpopular variants.

NOW (for Christ's sake, Ford!) is where you can discontinue full models.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
worth going to: 2018 Genève International Motor Show

All-New Peugeot 508 Coming To Geneva Motor Show Next Month
New platform, interior and engines are hiding under a fresh new design
Motor 1 . com
- Anthony Karr, Editor - FEB 10, 2018
just a rendering
Peugeot is almost entirely focused on its SUV lineup, which currently consists of the 2008, 3008, and 5008, but might be soon joined by another derivative, the 4008 coupe-SUV. However, the French company is not neglecting its 508 sedan, which will receive a brand new generation during the upcoming Geneva Motor Show in early March.

While the information is not officially confirmed at the moment, Automotive News quotes “source close to the automaker,” who claims the revamped vehicle will land in Geneva. Based on the new EMP2 platform, which also underpins the brand’s SUV range, the new 508 will gain a drastically new design, inspired by the Instinct and Exalt concepts. By giving the sedan a more attractive design, Peugeot hopes, the 508 should be able to better compete against its rivals in the European D-segment.

Designed from the ground up, the midsize vehicle will also gain an all-new interior, which will be dominated by the company’s i-Cockpit digital dashboard, already available for the 3008 and 5008 duo. Higher quality materials and better build quality are also planned.

As far as the engines are concerned, given the shared underpinnings with the 3008 and 5008, expect to see a lineup of familiar gasoline and diesel turbo motors. These include the 1.2 turbo gas, as well as the 1.6 and 2.0 turbodiesels. Eventually, a plug-in hybrid version will also join the range, but the once revolutionary diesel-electric hybrid will stay in the past.

Compared to the model that's still on sale today, Peugeot hopes the redesigned 508 will be a much stronger alternative to the Volkswagen Passat, Ford Mondeo, and Skoda Super trio in the midsize segment on the Old continent. Last year, the French company delivered 22,724 examples of the model, 39 percent down compared to the previous year.

PSA will likely continue to assemble the 508 in Rennes, France, and in Wuhan, China.

Source: Automotive News

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
2019 Volvo V60 First Official Images Leak Online
Ahead of its official reveal on February 21

Motor1
- Adrian Padeanu, Editor - FEB 15, 2018

plus a video worse than any of McConaughey's, imho
edit:
nice wheel(s) snagged by&from VinceBurlapp

insert/edit
: official Volvo V60 (pre)site

- - - - - - - meanwhile - - - - - - -

A star is born:
Polestar1 pioneers electric-luxury brand;
U.S. sales begin in 2019

Detroit Free Press
- Mark Phelan - Feb. 15, 2018

...The brand is moving at a breakneck pace, preparing to unveil the Polestar1 luxury coupe at the Geneva auto show in Switzerland March 6 while its new assembly plant rises in Chengdu, China...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
Mercedes-Benz To Unveil First Production EQ Electric In Geneva
https://insideevs.com/mercedes-benz-to-unveil-first-production-eq-electric-in-geneva/

Just around two weeks left to the Geneva Motor Show, where, as always, we will see a lot of new plug-in electric cars and bold premiers.

Mercedes-Benz just announced that it will show the first series-production model from the electric EQ brand – it’s not said directly, but the German maker is certainly referring to the EQC all-electric SUV.

The EQC will enter the market in 2019 with at least 500 km (310 miles) of NEDC range.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
There are those appealing BEVs we were waiting for. VW/Audi are about to unveil their BEV Crossovers as well. Chevy is suppose to have a bunch of new Bolt-based crossovers arriving, we should see one pretty soon (Possibly New York). I think this is where BEVs really can take off, not in roadsters and sedans but in Crossovers which is an area Tesla has chosen to focus on last.

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
Volvos bores me... a lot... are bored and very expensive. Never in my wish list

That electric Mercedes-Benz will test how consumers will respond to electric cars.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
What happens to Tesla?
Short term sales rise a good deal as the Model 3 ramps up
But...
Increased competition reduces sales and/or profit per vehicle.
Raw material prices rise due to demand.
Loans have to be repaid. No more deposits to borrow from.
ROI gets pressured, delaying updates.

My guess is the vehicle manufacturing part of Tesla gets sold off to some conglomorate from China or India as Musk turns his attention elsewhere. I'll say somewhere around early 2021.

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
What happens to Tesla?
Short term sales rise a good deal as the Model 3 ramps up
But...
Increased competition reduces sales and/or profit per vehicle.
Raw material prices rise due to demand.
Loans have to be repaid. No more deposits to borrow from.
ROI gets pressured, delaying updates.

My guess is the vehicle manufacturing part of Tesla gets sold off to some conglomorate from China or India as Musk turns his attention elsewhere. I'll say somewhere around early 2021.

Tesla trying to get to 2019...

·
Registered
866 Posts
Re: MB ECQ BEV SUV :facepalm: EQC QCE QEC

^Don't let the camo fool ya.

I might be fooled but that photo seems to show RWD proportions. A BEV might give designers the freedom to make vehicles look like they're supposed to; with wheels pushed to the corners & minimum overhang, especially up front.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Audi's E-Tron also arriving shortly.

This might be what is motivating Ford to tease a MACH 1 SUV, we will see most carmakers producing something along these lines. Ford is very influenced by what VW/Audi do in particular. But I wonder if Mach 1 is just an NG Explorer with the 3.0T Hybrid power plant we know Aviator is getting (and so is Mustang and F-150 presumably). Ford's commitment to BEV products just started with Team Edison and all of those products are very distant at this point. I suspect Ford will be among the last carmakers to have a significant BEV presence with a clear focus on Gas Electrics.

·
Registered
10,956 Posts
Ford has said they will have 16 BEV's by 2022, also using dedicated platforms. Which means that they will start rolling out much sooner. And Ford was committed long before they announced a name, with development officially starting well over 2 years ago. This perpetual misinformation and fabricated negativity is getting a bit pathetic. I get that we are all impatient, but all right already.

So early 2020 appears to be when Ford introduces new BEV's. But I bet their new PHEV's will be equally newsworthy.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts