Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So press days begin Feb 7th, Im adding the press conference schedule below. Looks like no Lincoln.

Thursday, Feb. 7 Media Preview Schedule – Show Floor Open 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Media Credential and government-issued photo ID required for access. Proper business attire required.
Time News Conference Location
7:30 – 8:45 a.m. MAMA / CATA Breakfast – Michael Cole, Chief Operating Grand Ballroom, S100
Officer and Executive Vice President of Kia Motors America
9:00 a.m. Subaru News Conference Subaru, North Hall
9:30 a.m. Volkswagen New Vehicle Debut Volkswagen, North Hall
10:00 a.m. Toyota News Conference Toyota, South Hall
10:30 a.m. Ford New Vehicle Walkaround Ford, South Hall
11:00 a.m. Ram New Vehicle Debut Ram, South Hall
11:30 a.m. Mazda News Conference Mazda, North Hall
12:00 – 1:15 p.m. Economic Club of Chicago Luncheon & Product Introduction Land Rover, South Hall
Joachim Eberhardt, Jaguar Land Rover NA President and CEO
1:30 p.m. Nissan News Conference Nissan, North Hall
2:00 p.m. Acura Champagne Toast | 30 Years of NSX Acura, South Hall
2:20 p.m. Chrysler News Conference/Snack Chrysler, South Hall
2:40 p.m. Harley-Davidson F-150 Announcement Grand Concourse Media Stage
3:00 p.m. MotorWeek – 2019 Drivers Choice Awards Grand Concourse Media Stage
3:20 p.m. Chevrolet News Conference/Reception Chevrolet, North Hall
3:40 p.m. Alfa Romeo News Conference/Reception Alfa Romeo, South Hall
Friday, Feb. 8 Social Media Preview Schedule – Show Floor Open 8:00 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Media Credential/Social Media Credential and government-issued photo ID required for show floor access.
Time Events Location
8:30 a.m. Mopar Breakfast and News Conference FCA, South Hall
8:30 a.m. Association of National Advertisers Breakfast & Grand Concourse Media Stage
Driving Influence Award*
9:30 a.m. Alfa Romeo Alfa Romeo, South Hall
10:00 a.m. Ford Ford, South Hall
10:30 a.m. Kia Kia, North Hall
11:00 a.m. Mazda Mazda, North Hall
11:15 a.m. What Drives Her Luncheon & Panel* Grand Concourse Media Stage
11:30 a.m. Subaru Subaru, North Hall
12:00 p.m. Volkswagen Presentation and Lunch Volkswagen, North Hall
1:00 p.m. Turtle Wax Turtle Wax, South Hall
1:30 p.m. Hyundai Palisade & Dessert/Vino Reception Hyundai, North Hall

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
Oh! The Escape is coming in 2 weeks? Really? is so soon...

I´m waiting for the Corsair. How much of the excelence shown in recent vehicles (Continental-Navigator-Aviator) will appear in the entry level Corsair? This model need to keep the high standard Lincoln vehicles have righ now. The Corsair needs to be capable to battle with the Land Rover Range Rover Evoque as the Aviator can run with the Discovery or the Range Rover Sport.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I also think it's the Escape reveal as the timing fits with Corsair shown in New York. But I'm surprised no one mentioned the announcement planned at 2:40pm on Thursday for the F-150 Harley-Davidson edition!!! I was wondering when the Ford/HD partnership would happen again and was hoping it would have already in this generation. Looks like next generation. That's so cool! But surely it's the Escape that's being shown.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I also think it's the Escape reveal as the timing fits with Corsair shown in New York. But I'm surprised no one mentioned the announcement planned at 2:40pm on Thursday for the F-150 Harley-Davidson edition!!! I was wondering when the Ford/HD partnership would happen again and was hoping it would have already in this generation. Looks like next generation. That's so cool! But surely it's the Escape that's being shown.
Where'd you pull this info from?

·
Registered
74 Posts
So press days begin Feb 7th, Im adding the press conference schedule below. Looks like no Lincoln.

Thursday, Feb. 7 Media Preview Schedule – Show Floor Open 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Media Credential and government-issued photo ID required for access. Proper business attire required.
Time News Conference Location
7:30 – 8:45 a.m. MAMA / CATA Breakfast – Michael Cole, Chief Operating Grand Ballroom, S100
Officer and Executive Vice President of Kia Motors America
9:00 a.m. Subaru News Conference Subaru, North Hall
9:30 a.m. Volkswagen New Vehicle Debut Volkswagen, North Hall
10:00 a.m. Toyota News Conference Toyota, South Hall
10:30 a.m. Ford New Vehicle Walkaround Ford, South Hall
11:00 a.m. Ram New Vehicle Debut Ram, South Hall
11:30 a.m. Mazda News Conference Mazda, North Hall
12:00 – 1:15 p.m. Economic Club of Chicago Luncheon & Product Introduction Land Rover, South Hall
Joachim Eberhardt, Jaguar Land Rover NA President and CEO
1:30 p.m. Nissan News Conference Nissan, North Hall
2:00 p.m. Acura Champagne Toast | 30 Years of NSX Acura, South Hall
2:20 p.m. Chrysler News Conference/Snack Chrysler, South Hall
2:40 p.m. Harley-Davidson F-150 Announcement Grand Concourse Media Stage
3:00 p.m. MotorWeek – 2019 Drivers Choice Awards Grand Concourse Media Stage
3:20 p.m. Chevrolet News Conference/Reception Chevrolet, North Hall
3:40 p.m. Alfa Romeo News Conference/Reception Alfa Romeo, South Hall
Friday, Feb. 8 Social Media Preview Schedule – Show Floor Open 8:00 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Media Credential/Social Media Credential and government-issued photo ID required for show floor access.
Time Events Location
8:30 a.m. Mopar Breakfast and News Conference FCA, South Hall
8:30 a.m. Association of National Advertisers Breakfast & Grand Concourse Media Stage
Driving Influence Award*
9:30 a.m. Alfa Romeo Alfa Romeo, South Hall
10:00 a.m. Ford Ford, South Hall
10:30 a.m. Kia Kia, North Hall
11:00 a.m. Mazda Mazda, North Hall
11:15 a.m. What Drives Her Luncheon & Panel* Grand Concourse Media Stage
11:30 a.m. Subaru Subaru, North Hall
12:00 p.m. Volkswagen Presentation and Lunch Volkswagen, North Hall
1:00 p.m. Turtle Wax Turtle Wax, South Hall
1:30 p.m. Hyundai Palisade & Dessert/Vino Reception Hyundai, North Hall
Where'd you pull this info from?
Look at the schedule I quoted above that I bolded. That is what was listed in the OP posted by badhac. That is the announcement for upcoming F-150 Harley-Davidson edition. I'm surprised no one seemed to have seen that.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Well, I'm even more surprised. This article was published August 31 and yet it didn't get much media coverage? The 2019 Ford F-150 HD Concept made by Tuscany was to celebrate 115 years of HD bikes. So this tells me the upcoming announcement at Chicago at 2:40pm Thursday the 7th tells me that there is likely a new partnership in which Ford's factory production F-150 HD edition will likely return again. I'm really surprised that this article is one of few published that long ago and yet it didn't really get much coverage until now. I don't recall Ford mentioning this in any of their previous conferences, press releases, or even social media. Only the Chicago Auto Show schedule in which prompted me to do a quick lookup.

https://carbuzz.com/news/2019-ford-f-150-harley-davidson-concept-truck-celebrates-115-years-of-awesome-bikes

·
Registered
122 Posts
I´m waiting for the Corsair. How much of the excelence shown in recent vehicles (Continental-Navigator-Aviator) will appear in the entry level Corsair? This model need to keep the high standard Lincoln vehicles have righ now. The Corsair needs to be capable to battle with the Land Rover Range Rover Evoque as the Aviator can run with the Discovery or the Range Rover Sport.
Likewise. If the Corsair can't be had with EVERYTHING one can get on the Aviator, including the 30-way seats, I'll be highly disappointed. (Disclaimer: of course "everything" does not include a third row; just to be clear. But it does include PHEV, sooner rather than later.)

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Yawn on that Harley truck if that's all they're showing at Chicago.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yawn on that Harley truck if that's all they're showing at Chicago.
Ford is also showing something on Friday morning at 10am for a 30-minute presentation. So they are showing something else. The F-150 HD is just an announcement so it's likely for the next generation coming soon. But it does seem like the Escape or even full-size Transit up date is being shown.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ford will show new/refreshed Transit and F-250/350
I figured the updated Transit would be shown but didn't think the updated Super Duty would be revealed in Chicago. I figured the Work Truck Show would be the venue for that.

Seen the new SD. Looks good, not unlike how F150 got a much better face makeover last time. And wait until you hear about engine specs
Oh can't wait to hear the engine specs. I'm guessing the 7.3L gas V8 engine is being announced there as well as the updated diesel.

·
Registered
10,956 Posts
I can't recall but, did Ford announce the 7.3L will be OHV yet? I think customers will love it as not only an ultra cheap alternative to Diesel like towing ability, but as a future upgrade path through aftermarket. It's been quite a while since Ford offered a single cam in block V8. Amazingly, it packages about the same size as the 5.0L in width and height.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I can't recall but, did Ford announce the 7.3L will be OHV yet? I think customers will love it as not only an ultra cheap alternative to Diesel like towing ability, but as a future upgrade path through aftermarket. It's been quite a while since Ford offered a single cam in block V8. Amazingly, it packages about the same size as the 5.0L in width and height.
I don't think it has been officially announced that the new 7.3L will have pushrods but it has been widely speculated here and elsewhere online. I also hear that it has similar size to the 5.0L as far as width and height which is actually fantastic, I think.

However, I'm curious where the confirmation that the updates of Transit and Super Duty are going to be there. I looked online and don't see any confirmation by Ford that they were going to be unveiled. I figured the all-new Escape would be shown. Where did 'badhac' find the schedule dates and times? I looked on the Chicago Auto Show website and could not find that. Hopefully there will be some live streaming sites to view the unveilings if not already planned on being shown on YouTube and Facebook live. Last year's Chicago show was pathetic where it wasn't shown on YouTube nor Ford's FB page and I had to look and look only to find one of the local Chicago news sites FB pages that was livestreaming it. I had tuned in to see Jim Belushi talking about Transit Connect before belting out some cheesy blues songs. Hopefully, this show will be much better in presentation as well as easily-found livestreamed on many sites.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts