Ford Inside News banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
I admit that I like the wheels on the HD F150, but I really hope that the interior and other facets of the truck explain some of that cost.

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Thinking way outside the box, could they be adding Godzilla as a V8 option on the Navi? Wings said the power numbers are similar so it doesn't really make sense, but to the extent that some have a V8 or nothing attitude, maybe?
Would be nice lol but I bet on the Hybrid...or maybe a commercial with Serena?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Lincoln will show something on Sunday (related to the Navi)
https://www.facebook.com/45839622981/posts/10156463003477982?sfns=st
I saw that on my Facebook newsfeeds earlier too. It mentioned 'the inside' meaning new powertrain of sorts. I figured the Hybrid but didn't think of possibility of the Godzilla engine. I'm sure it's the hybrid that may also make its way to the Expedition too. Wonder why it's not being revealed at the Chicago Auto Show press days unless it's getting a separate reveal at a separate location.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Lincoln will show something on Sunday (related to the Navi)
https://www.facebook.com/45839622981/posts/10156463003477982?sfns=st
I saw that on my Facebook newsfeeds earlier too. It mentioned 'the inside' meaning new powertrain of sorts. I figured the Hybrid but didn't think of possibility of the Godzilla engine. I'm sure it's the hybrid that may also make its way to the Expedition too. Wonder why it's not being revealed at the Chicago Auto Show press days unless it's getting a separate reveal at a separate location.
...I don’t know. It say “who” is inside. Unless the World Health Organization made the Navi it’s official suv, I don’t know what they’re in about.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Lincoln's FB page just showed an ad with Serena. It's possible new ads with her but not sure why they would have Sunday's date if they already gone on and unveiled ad today on FB.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Good lord, please stop pre-announcing ads. Lincoln fans are starved for real information, not silly ads.
I'm really hoping that there really is something new and exciting to announce on Sunday and that it just happens that the Serena ads are now going online as well. But it does look like that's all it is; just the new Serena ads. If Lincoln did have something new planned to announce about the Navigator, then the Chicago Auto show would be the venue for that. Seems illogical to have a separate time and place for to make a Navigator announcement while the show will then be open to the public. But then again, Ford did debut the 2018 Mustang update after press days at the 2017 Detroit Auto Show.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Chicago: only the new (really new or update??) HD trucks.... no Escape, no Corsair...

The Lincoln announcement will be a new ad with Serena... nothing more

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yup the Chicago so was a dud
Not really a surprise since they don't show much in Chicago usually. I still remember last year's reveal of updated Transit Connect with Jim Belushi singing songs from Blues Brothers. Ugh.

I remember Ford spokesman Mike Levine saying Ford plans to show/roll out new cars for 2019 from Explorer*, Shelby GT500*, Super Duty*, Escape, and Transit. The vehicles with * already been revealed. Seeing how New York Auto Show is likely for Lincoln Corsair and possibly Escape too, where and when will the Transit be revealed? The upcoming Work Truck Show or likely standalone event? I do also remember seeing articles where Jim Farley said the Mach-E would be revealed 'later this year' too so I'm guessing possibly Los Angeles Auto Show later this fall. I'm hoping at NY show since the Mustang reveal traditions shown there and seeing how Mach-E is tied to the Mustang, NY would make a good surprise reveal. But 'later this year' tells me probably in November at LA show.

Rather disappointed that Super Duty didn't get a live stream reveal in Chicago but rather a quick media release articles. The only live stream I seen was where they showed the Explorers since it's made there in Chicago and announced the $1 billion investment and all that. Then there's the F-150 Harley Davidson Edition... done by a 3rd party company. WTF? So yeah Chicago is usually a dud show for Ford the past few years.

http://www.thedrive.com/news/25699/ford-promises-to-roll-out-new-suvs-pickups-sports-cars-in-2019-but-wheres-the-bronco

·
Registered
74 Posts
And also, Lincoln has released yet another Navigator ad with Serena today on their FB page. Hardly the point of announcing something for Sunday if it's ads when they're already releasing them on FB. Surely there's something else going on but not holding my breath.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts