Ford Inside News banner
221 - 240 of 483 Posts
not that I'm at ALL convinced we've seen
what will be our version yet...

I'm a little surprised we didn't get a significant visual update for the US release but I imagine it saves on some costs,especially since the new grille is the same one on the Everest which saves on part differentation.
something about your phrasing makes me wonder IF,
since the Ranger will precede the Bronco by a ~year,
IF it might be planned to start 'conservatively' with a RotW face...
...only to switch to a Bronco-style face after that comes out? or for top-end?

since they both (R & B) have been spoken about as 'lifestyle' vehicles,
I kinda think that styling will play a bigger role in their success
which
I could see adding a new dimension across Ford's 2020+ truck lineup

not that I'm at ALL convinced we've seen
what will be our version yet...

something about your phrasing makes me wonder IF,
since the Ranger will precede the Bronco by a ~year,
IF it might be planned to start 'conservatively' with a RotW face...
...only to switch to a Bronco-style face after that comes out? or for top-end?

since they both (R & B) have been spoken about as 'lifestyle' vehicles,
I kinda think that styling will play a bigger role in their success
which
I could see adding a new dimension across Ford's 2020+ truck lineup
Somehow I doubt the Bronco will be visually similar to the Ranger, in that scenario it would just be an Everest.

I'm a little surprised we didn't get a significant visual update for the US release but I imagine it saves on some costs,especially since the new grille is the same one on the Everest which saves on part differentation.
There's also this photo showing the Ranger with a different grille which appears to have a similar pattern to the F150 Limited's grille.

I have to agree. It'll be different I think, but I kind of expected a full redesign. Perhaps this Ranger will only last a few years and be replaced when the ROW version is due to be replaced?

exactly^ ...if you mean the Bronco will not look like either the RotW Ranger or Everest, esp its face

that's what I meant about the USRanger changing after the Bronco comes out, as something very new/re-newed
I don't think Bronco or Ranger will look anything alike before or after either launch.

...I kind of expected a full redesign. Perhaps this Ranger will only last a few years and be replaced when the ROW version is due to be replaced?
2b2 said:
exactly^ ...if you mean the Bronco will not look like either the RotW Ranger or Everest, esp its face

that's what I meant about the USRanger changing after the Bronco comes out, as something very new/re-newed
I don't think Bronco or Ranger will look anything alike before or after either launch.
Why not, @rmc523 ?

I can easily see whatever styling is most popular eventually being used on both,
esp. the "minor"/easy-to-change parts like grille-inserts ... that can make a huge diff

Why not, @rmc523 ?

I can easily see whatever styling is most popular eventually being used on both,
esp. the "minor"/easy-to-change parts like grille-inserts ... that can make a huge diff
I think he means they won't even share the same skin. This could be a possibility.

What if it's like the previous Colorado and Hummer H3? Same but different. Hmmm...

I think he means they won't even share the same skin.
This could be a possibility, what if it's like the previous Colorado and Hummer H3? Hmmm...

Exactly - no shared components body-wise.

I had originally argued for a "Bronco T," which much like the new Jeep truck would be a Bronco with a bed, but they obviously aren't going that route.

I had originally argued for a "Bronco T," which much like the new Jeep truck would be a Bronco with a bed, but they obviously aren't going that route.
Style wise... is Ford giving us hints about the Bronco's looks?
The 2004 Bronco Concept will appear in Dwayne Johnson's upcoming movie "Rampage".
It's funny how that concept still looks fresh.

- https://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/the-ford-bronco-concept-just-showed-up-in-the-rocks-nex-1796326976

Style wise... is Ford giving us hints about the Bronco's looks?
The 2004 Bronco Concept will appear in Dwayne Johnson's upcoming movie "Rampage".
It's funny how that concept still looks fresh.

- https://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/the-ford-bronco-concept-just-showed-up-in-the-rocks-nex-1796326976
It will generally look similar to that concept, but that's because Ford will stay withing "Bronco" design. It probably won't be a direct copy of it. I'll definitely agree, it still looks great (at least in pictures, I've never seen it in person).

I think he means they won't even share the same skin. This could be a possibility...
see, I'm thinking
- the side skin (and most glass) Could-Would be shared GLOBALLY/eventually
- (still thinking the RotW nextgen is AFTER the US nextgen)
- the Bronco-Look could turn into a ZombieVirus ... slowly spreading across Ford's entire global lineup
>:)

see, I'm thinking
- the side skin (and most glass) Could-Would be shared GLOBALLY/eventually
- (still thinking the RotW nextgen is AFTER the US nextgen)
- the Bronco-Look could turn into a ZombieVirus ... slowly spreading across Ford's entire global lineup
>:)
Bronco will be very boxy, not like a truck cab.

One thing that stands out with the Bronco Concept is that it's a big, expensive, impractical 2-door, in a time when Ford and the industry have 4-door vehicles as a priority. Just look at the sales of the 4-door Jeep Wrangler. A lot has changed since the Bronco Concept was created.

It just seems logical that a New Bronco would be a more direct competitor in the open air, fun, Wrangler 4-door segment on a global scale. Bronco has to be different enough not to be a 'copy' of a Wrangler, while at the same time appealing to the same consumer.

The Wrangler has that epic 'prestige gap', wonder if the Bronco will do anything similar. The Bronco has always had this very short wheelbase look, the Wrangler has evolved into the exagerated rock crawler it is today which I think gives it that desirable exotic look.

The Concept is from the J. Mays Retro Modern era, it's a little too vestigial for my taste, but I know the design has been popular. I believe the concept is actually built on a car platform?

It's going to be a very interesting design exercise and I'm looking forward to how they pull it off.

I do agree that a 4-Door is a must and it may be the only configuration anyway, but it's more cost effective to scale things on a frame so I'm going to assume they will do both.

Spy photos of a camouflaged Ranger on Ford's test track in Dearborn, Mich., show a more aggressive front end than what's shown in spy shots of the standard Ranger.

The latest photos also show what appear to be large fender flares, a hallmark of the F-150 Raptor.

http://www.autonews.com/article/20170627/OEM04/170629790

There seem to be differences and the bumper sits up higher on the 'Raptor' version.

Spy photos of a camouflaged Ranger on Ford's test track in Dearborn, Mich., show a more aggressive front end than what's shown in spy shots of the standard Ranger.

The latest photos also show what appear to be large fender flares, a hallmark of the F-150 Raptor.

http://www.autonews.com/article/20170627/OEM04/170629790

There seem to be differences and the bumper sits up higher on the 'Raptor' version.

Then there's this, a "regular" Ranger with a different grille and bumper.

One thing that stands out with the Bronco Concept is that it's a big, expensive, impractical 2-door, in a time when Ford and the industry have 4-door vehicles as a priority. Just look at the sales of the 4-door Jeep Wrangler. A lot has changed since the Bronco Concept was created.

It just seems logical that a New Bronco would be a more direct competitor in the open air, fun, Wrangler 4-door segment on a global scale. Bronco has to be different enough not to be a 'copy' of a Wrangler, while at the same time appealing to the same consumer.

That Bronco concept wasn't actually that big at all. IIRC its dimensions were similar to the Escape and was supposed to slot around there if they actually built it.

Reactions: Bloggin and 2b2
via FordAuthority

2019 Ford Ranger Raptor—or FX4...
...(Please Be a Mini-Raptor!)

Ford appears to be working on a special off-road Ranger
CarandDriver.com/news
- June 2017 - By ALEXANDER STOKLOSA - Photography By BRIAN WILLIAMS

...It’s likely a Ranger built for a right-hand-drive market such as Thailand or Australia, to which Ford bolted a smattering of mini-Raptor parts for testing the effect of the widened stance, knobby tires, Raptor-style wheels, and those blistered fenders. The front control arms appear thicker than usual, and they’re visible beneath the cut-down front bumper that would seem to afford a greater approach angle than the stock bumper...

...(If) set up for high-speed dune running and Baja-style desert romps ... using the 325-hp twin-turbocharged 2.7-liter EcoBoost V-6 engine available in the larger F-150. Should this Ranger be more of a rock-crawler, it could settle for a less powerful V-6 or a four-cylinder diesel engine, both expected to feature in the broader U.S. lineup, with greater emphasis on low-rpm torque delivery. In the latter case, this prototype could preview a comparatively tame FX4 off-road trim package like the one Ford offers on the F-150...

Attachments

I'm going to be wild as say the regular Ranger will have a choice of 2.5 4cyl, 2.7 Ecoboost V6, and a diesel like the 3.2 or new 3.0 V6. Lastly the "Raptor" will get the updated 390hp Coyote from the F-150 :)

I'm going to be wild as say the regular Ranger will have a choice of 2.5 4cyl, 2.7 Ecoboost V6, and a diesel like the 3.2 or new 3.0 V6. Lastly the "Raptor" will get the updated 390hp Coyote from the F-150 :)
With the Raptor going EcoBoost there is no way in Dearborn that the Ranger gets a V8. I'd bet the RR (Ranger Raptor) gets a slightly more powerful 2.7EB, somewhere in the 350/400 range. The 3.5EB in the Raptor is around 128HP per liter, if the 2.7 matches that it'd be 348HP.

Most off roading isn't done at high speeds so the current 325/380 2.7EB itself would be more than sufficient. I honestly think this debate is another case of specs for specs sake.

221 - 240 of 483 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.