Ford Inside News banner
261 - 280 of 483 Posts
Am I the only one that thinks the beltline on these looks too high?

Just thinking about Ranger sales potential. For 2016 Tacoma sold over 191,600 units. In Ranger's best sales year I can see, in 2002 it sold over 226k units. While F-Series sales for 2002 were over 813,700 and growing for the next 3 years so minimal sales impact.

Now Ford is a truck company, so with the Ranger, I expect Ford to do all the right things to make it an early sales success. Like launching with engine options along with a Raptor.

Looks like a Ford Ranger invasion! :grin2:

I don't think that's a Wildtrak in the spy photo.
Wildtraks usually have bigger 18-inch wheels...

...roof rails and an integrated hoop sports bar at the back.

The tubular sports bar is usually seen on trims like the XLT (either standard or optional depending on the market).

XLTs also have smaller 17-inch wheels.
The Rangers in the spy photos appear to have 17-inch wheels.

You know, I've been wondering, what do those tube bars in the bed do?

Take up room. They were trendy here in the US back in the 80's on poser offroad trucks. They're analogous to most spoilers on many cars back in the 70's and 80's, they look the part even if the cars couldn't back it up.
Yet they're still around...

Tubes are where you mount lights and do offer a degree of rollover protection. They also provide something to hang onto when riding in the bed. And some like the tough off road looks as well.
They're one of many possibilities for mounting lights, and sure, they will by default offer some protection. ****, a fiberglass topper would too. Modern trucks are engineered for rollover protection no different than any other consumer vehicle.

I stand by my original post, they're equivalent to the screaming eagle on a Trans Am's hood! And for the record, I always have loved that screaming eagle! :laugh2:

If you're referring to spoiler/dams yes, but today's cars far more powerful and capable and in most cases they serve a function beyond appearance. If you're referring to pickup with roll bars, yeah, still around and outside of race trucks still meaningless.
I was referring to the tubes.

261 - 280 of 483 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.