Ford Inside News banner
461 - 480 of 483 Posts
But Ranger is roomier, right? Or same?
The old Sport Trac had more shoulder room and rear legroom than the new Ranger SuperCrew but it had a 5.8 cu. ft. smaller cargo box volume.
It's clearly a more comfort-oriented model than the more rugged new Ranger.

2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew (US)
Head room - Front: 39.8 in.
Head room - Rear: 38.3 in.
Shoulder room - Front: 56.7 in.
Shoulder room - Rear: 56.3 in.
Hip room - Front: 55.8 in.
Hip room - Rear: 53.5 in.
Max Leg room - Front: 43.1 in.
Leg room - Rear: 34.5 in.

2010 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Head room - Rear: 38.5 in.
Shoulder room - Front: 59 in.
Shoulder room - Rear: 58.9 in.
Hip room - Front: 55.4 in.
Hip room - Rear: 55.5 in.
Max Leg room - Front: 42.4 in.
Leg room - Rear: 36.9 in.

The new Ranger can out tow the V8 Sport Trac 4x2: 7500 lbs vs 7160 lbs

The new Ranger is probably more off-road capable than the Sport Trac.

The old Sport Trac had more shoulder room and rear legroom than the new Ranger SuperCrew but it had a 5.8 cu. ft. smaller cargo box volume.
It's clearly a more comfort-oriented model than the more rugged new Ranger.

2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew (US)
Head room - Rear: 38.3 in.
Shoulder room - Front: 56.7 in.
Shoulder room - Rear: 56.3 in.
Hip room - Front: 55.8 in.
Hip room - Rear: 53.5 in.
Max Leg room - Front: 43.1 in.
Leg room - Rear: 34.5 in.

2010 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Head room - Rear: 38.5 in.
Shoulder room - Front: 59 in.
Shoulder room - Rear: 58.9 in.
Hip room - Front: 55.4 in.
Hip room - Rear: 55.5 in.
Max Leg room - Front: 42.4 in.
Leg room - Rear: 36.9 in.

The new Ranger can out tow the V8 Sport Trac 4x2: 7500 lbs vs 7160 lbs

The new Ranger is probably more off-road capable than the Sport Trac.
The Sport Trac can still hold it's own against modern mid-size trucks. Ford had a winner on their hands. Perhaps, Sport Trac would be a better name for the new "smaller" than Ranger pickup?

...the only thing sliding rear windows ever got me was broken-into. Plus, if you use your truck as a truck, when you open the window, whatever used to be in the bed is all over the inside of the cab. I prefer not having them.
How is a power rear sliding (upward) window more theft prone than any other power window?
...easy POE from a position of cover (not out in the open).

3rd place of four. Not a surprise . The Ranger is a 6 years old truck. At least, is better than the Toyota. And the next gen will come in 24 months... and will be the best.
I just found it funny because on first drives they talked about how great it was and how nice it felt, that it was a class leader, and interior space was normal for the class. Now they're saying its cramped and feels old.

The 2019 Ford Ranger has already been issued a recall
The problem affects 3,500 trucks in North America

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/02/06/the-2019-ford-ranger-has-already-been-issued-a-recall/

The 2019 Ford Ranger is just beginning to hit dealer lots, but it appears there's already a recall on the new midsize pickup truck. Ford announced today that 3,500 North American models — 3,000 in the U.S. and 500 in Canada — are affected. The issue has to do with the PRNDL wiring bezel. Ford states the problem could prevent the shifter from locking into park, meaning you could shift out of park even with the vehicle off and your foot off the brake. Ford says it's unaware of any accidents or injuries.

I am interested in seeing sales #s for this....while Ford has said demand is through the roof, I have seen a few YT videos where dealers have complained about sticker shock, one of them actually reported been sitting on 5 brand new Rangers for over 65 days now.

I am interested in seeing sales #s for this....while Ford has said demand is through the roof, I have seen a few YT videos where dealers have complained about sticker shock, one of them actually reported been sitting on 5 brand new Rangers for over 65 days now.
And those folks probably thought "Ranger" and figured it'd be the 15k stripper special price like before, not an actual midsize truck, with appropriate pricing.

And those folks probably thought "Ranger" and figured it'd be the 15k stripper special price like before, not an actual midsize truck, with appropriate pricing.
I think the problem is that one can buy a F-150 for around the same price due to rebates...that might be the fix for Ford, add a 5k on the hood and sales might take off.

People pay more for a ranch style home than a 2 story home that is twice the size.
People pay more for a small laptop than a big one.
I recently paid far more for a fridge that is counter depth, which is about 4" less deep and about 3-4 cubic feet smaller.

I guess it's not always about size, but preference. With the Ranger, which still costs thousands less than an F-150, you get something that fits your garage or lifestyle and is easier to drive and park. Took me a long time to understand that, but that's just the way it is.

I have the same 10-speed in my F150 and feel the same way, the transmission is slow...Sport mode doesn’t really fix it....so I’ve learned a trick : when I know I am going to need more power, I double tab the accelerator, forcing the transmission to pull a few gears....so for example, I know I am going to pass, I immediately double tap the accelerator, transmission takes 3-5s to get into the right gear, once it’s done I then start the passing maneuver...

Interesting that the Ranger is being chosen to replace military Land Rover Defenders and military Peugeot P4s (French version of the Mercedes Geländewagen).

Ricardo demonstrates militarized version of Ford Ranger 2019

- Ricardo has produced a highly versatile and cost-effective general service defence adaptation of Ford’s iconic Ranger product, Europe’s best-selling pickup

- The demonstrator is ideally suited as a flexible application, general purpose utility vehicle for defence, policing, security and rescue services roles
Read More: https://ricardo.com/news-and-media/...rates-militarized-version-of-ford-ranger-2019

In an interview by Shaun Connors (Jane's), Paul Tarry (Operations Director Special Vehicles at Ricardo UK) said this could replace ageing military LR Defenders.

Arquus Defence's Ford-based military Light tactical vehicles:
Trapper (Ford Everest)

and Trigger (Ford Ranger).

Source: Army Technology

461 - 480 of 483 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.