Ford Inside News banner

41 - 60 of 481 Posts

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
As long as the regular/single cab Ranger will be priced lower than the extended cab Colorado, like maybe price it just under $20K.

Here in the Philippines the Ranger is also offered in lower trims, I guess its good for drawing customers to the dealerships... then most drive out in a high trim variant. Lol
_ _ ^
I think what will be key to Ranger success, is offering a wide range of models/trim levels. That's been what has key to Ford truck/van sales leadership.

Then there is starting price:

#1 Tacoma: $24,120

#2 Colorado: $20,055

#3 Frontier: $18,390(oldest model)

#4 Canyon: $20,940

#5 Ridgeline: $29,475

Where should Ranger be positioned?
just-imho
IF Ford has a starting price under $20k, LIKE $19,500 on the Ranger, ANY Ranger
even if only for the first model year,
that could really 'disrupt' the segment in Ford's Favor >:) = HYUGE SUCCESS ...& IMMEDIATE!
ie
they'd better PLAN for quick ramp-up to full-speed!!
:clap:

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
mainly to supply chop-donors >:)
cuz imho the other hemisphere gets a T6-update while we get an All-NEW T7
Is there any news report about Ford developing a US & Canada exclusive all-new T7?
According to Bill Ford... "The Ranger is coming back to North America in 2019 with unique front styling, engines and features".
Doesn't sound all-new to me, and isn't the 2020 Bronco and 2019 Ranger being developed by Ford Australia?
I doubt Ford would ditch a less than decade old pickup chassis.
Ford has a tendency to keep chassis and basic body architectures for a decade or more like the last North American Ranger, the 11th&12th gen F-series, and the outgoing Expedition.

&BUT
to ask without gooogling:
is that rear door window bigger than I've seen before?
...OR is the "c-pillar" narrower?​
This one is just a refresh, looks like it has new bumpers and an Everest style grille.

PS: I also remember in some forums (not sure if it was here) some people were saying that the US & Canada would get an all-new EcoSport, and what they unveiled turned out to be a refresh.

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
PS: I also remember in some forums (not sure if it was here) some people were saying that the US & Canada would get an all-new EcoSport, and what they unveiled turned out to be a refresh.
Ford has already stated quite clearly that the Ranger that comes to NA will have a redesigned front and rear. So a refresh it is for Ranger as well. Why mess with global success. And Ford did not say a refresh from the 2015 or 2017 model.

I think the 2017 Ranger IS the refreshed look NA will get. It will launch in NA in 2019, which means it has to start production in 2018. I think all the development dollars are going toward the All New Bronco.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts

Ford already markets the F-150 and Ranger side by side in other markets...
Yep Mexico and just like that picture shows the F-150 is called the Lobo there.

Reactions: Bloggin

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
oh! interesting ^ :thumb:
those weren't there this afternoon

also
the Ad no longer comes up AT ALL when I google "Ford Ranger"**

edit/tho
one for the Bronco still did - but went to HERE

** sundae update
the Ranger ad from Ford.com is back - tho goes to general vehicle lineup
the Bronco ad still points to Media.Ford.com

Attachments

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
It now just links back to the press release for both the Ranger and Bronco.

But they are now both in the Future Products listing on the Ford website

Production of the 2019 North American Ranger will begin late 2018, my guess is Ford will put a photo in the "future vehicles" section later this year (and unveil it in some auto show) even if production begins in late 2018.

The refreshed North American EcoSport's production begins late 2017, it was unveiled late 2016.

·
Premium Member
7,893 Posts
Production of the 2019 North American Ranger will begin late 2018, my guess is Ford will put a photo in the "future vehicles" section later this year (and unveil it in some auto show) even if production begins in late 2018.

The refreshed North American EcoSport's production begins late 2017, it was unveiled late 2016.
True, Ford has been announcing a year out, my guess is that it's an attempt to get some potential customers from making a purchase now, when in 12-14 months they can buy the Ford product.

I hope it's a spring/summer launch for Ranger in 2018, so inventory can build for a nice Fall end of year sales volume. I also expect Ford to do the videos like F-Series trucks also.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
OFFICIAL 2019 Ford Ranger WEBSITE

just a matter of DAYS now ... like a thousand or so

Off-the-grid adventures are just down the road
Or around the lake. Or on the trail. Or up the mountain. And here comes the capability to
do them right: The all-new Ford Ranger. Ford is bringing back the Ranger pickup to its
vehicle lineup in 2019. So, line up your boards, your bikes, your coolers and your
carabiners. And gear up for the newest way to be Built Ford Tough.®

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
That looks like it has the Everest grill and bumper design...
Isn't that just how the current model is? Either way I think this is just a mule the final version will look different.

Reactions: 2b2

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
That looks like it has the Everest grill and bumper design...
Yep, I think it was mentioned in the last set of photos from Australia.

Everest grille but the bumper might be different, the location of the lower opening seems lower.

Isn't that just how the current model is? Either way I think this is just a mule the final version will look different.
The Ranger gets its own grill design (color/finish changes depending on the model)

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Yep, I think it was mentioned in the last set of photos from Australia.

Everest grille but the bumper might be different, the location of the lower opening seems lower.

The Ranger gets its own grill design (color/finish changes depending on the model)

They look pretty much the same though aside from a few details.

41 - 60 of 481 Posts