Ford Inside News banner

2019 Ford Ranger

152K views 482 replies 45 participants last post by  AM222 
#1 ·
We always try to find some interesting cars to write about, some that are going to be released in the future and even some concepts which might not even be implemented. So what is a hot potato these days? There is one pickup truck which production was interrupted, but there are some rumors that a new model will be released by the end of the decade. It is still one of the most popular pickups in North America. As you have already seen in the title above, we’re talking about 2019 Ford Ranger.
http://carslane.com/2019-ford-ranger/

See less See more
#6 ·
It should, it would be silly if it doesn't

That's not the 2019 Ranger if you thought it was.
Yea by the time we get it, it will look different.

Reactions: ScarredKnightfan
#3 · (Edited)
Ford is known to zig when the competition is zagging. So I expect Ford to do things a bit differently than GM, Nissan or Toyota with their the next gen Ranger.

1. Focus will be on offering a low price for a second vehicle, or commercial model for fleet sales.

Currently in the UK the Ranger starts at a $20,400 US(Colorado starts at $20,995), which is already over $6k less than entry F-150.

2. Offering a Regular and Super Cab model, along with the more expensive Double Cab

3. With Ford learning that lower weight = better fuel economy, higher hauling capacity and higher towing rates, and being the last to re-enter the market in NA, the bodies should be made of lightweight aluminum. With steel frames.

#5 ·
Still kinda like this ... too bad it isn't coming until 2019, tho. I really like that orange color ... I know, big surprise, right?
That's not the 2019 Ranger if you thought it was.

Reactions: ScarredKnightfan
#9 ·
"All-new Ford Ranger midsize pickup truck will be reintroduced to the North American market in 2019"
Ford

Based on the announcement at NAIAS, Ford showed the current Global Ranger with production starting in 2018, and stated that the 2019 Ford Ranger coming to NA will get new front end and new engines.
HA called it!

Reactions: Bloggin
#10 ·
Looking at midsize truck sales for 2016...

Tacoma: 191,631 - up 6.7%

Colorado: 108,725 - up 28.8%

Frontier: 86,926 - up 38.4%

Canyon: 37,449 - up 24.5%

Ford is a bit late to the game in NA, but they had to make production space by moving lower volume, lower margin C-segment vehicles to Mexico.

#12 ·
Ford is a bit late to the game in NA, but they had to make production space by moving lower volume, lower margin C-segment vehicles to Mexico.
Don't get me wrong I am glad Ford is bringing the Ranger back but they really shot themselves in the foot on that one. I know several Ranger owners who were holding out to buy a new one but it never came the last gen lasted forever with barely any updates. Why do you think sales slid.

#11 ·
It’s still a relatively new product for what is almost niche volumes, relative to full size. Bringing it to NA mostly as is at first, and then adjusting as needed for global product to include NA. Makes sense from a business POV. Better now than when all new Ranger hits another 4 years later or so. But dang, what took them so long? Employees have been begging for years. Oh wait, I know……they had to get rid of that product blocker, Alan M.

#16 ·
I really hate the style of current global Ranger. It only looks modestly good, when decked out at highest trim level with biggest tires.

I don't have high expectations for it. It will fill a niche segment, generate modest profit, and that's about it.

But Bronco is a whole other story. Can't wait to see that.

#21 ·
I was disappointed when the Ranger was killed in 2011 and am thrilled that it is coming back. I have a 2001 Ranger 4X4 that I sort of planned on keeping forever but now there is light at the end of the tunnel! As great as the F150 is, they are just too dang big for what I use a pickup for. Many people think mid sized pickups are about gas mileage and buying cheap. Not me....I would buy a Ranger even if it cost as much as an F150 and didn't get better mileage. Ease of parking, maneuverability, ease of loading, ability to fit in my garage and still be able to walk around it are things that I like.

#24 · (Edited)
OK time to dispel an internet myth which is being perpetuated in discussions lately.

First off, curb weights of base model
- Chevrolet Colorado as per GM's Press Room Release..LINK
- Ranger weights as per Ford Ranger pdf Brochure.

Crew Cab 5'2" Box 2WD
Colorado 2.5 Auto...............4020 lb/ 1823 Kg
Colorado 3.6 V6..................4190 lb/ 1901 Kg
Colorado 2.8 TD.................4460 lb/ 2023 Kg
Ranger XL 2.2 TD...............4319 lb/ 1963 Kg
Ranger XL 3.2 TD...............4431 lb/ 2014 Kg

Crew Cab 5'2" Box 4WD
Colorado 3.6 V6..................4390 lb/ 1991 Kg
Colorado 2.8 TD.................4691 lb/ 2128 Kg
Ranger XL 2.2 TD...............4525 lb/ 2057 Kg
Ranger XL 3.2 TD...............4638 lb/ 2108 Kg
Ranger Wildtrak 3.2 TD......4950 lb/ 2250 Kg

When the high series of Chevrolet Colorado is compared to the Global Ranger Wildtrak,
a 400 lbs weight discrepancy is observed because the Colorado's base weight is being quoted.

When we compare Colorado's base model (WT) curb weight with those of the base model Ranger (XL),
that 400 lb weight discrepancy suddenly disappears....and what's more T6 Rangers have been those weights
since 2011, so GM's Colorado has basically caught up but not necessarily surpassed....

#31 · (Edited)
About $5K less than the corresponding F150 XL SC, Super Cab and Super Crew.
F150 XL SC..................$26,730....so Ranger XL SC....................$21,730?
F150 XL Super Cab........$30,790....so Ranger XL Extra cab..........$25,790?
F150 XL Super Crew......$33,245....so Ranger XL Double cab........$28,245?

I've had some feed back that this would be about right with the current market....

#32 ·
^ it could be that with Tacoma starting at $24k and almost 100k more in sales that #2 Colorado starting at $20k, Ford could undercut the price of Tacoma while being right above Colorado.

2016 had over 400k midsize truck sales.

2017 Ranger really sharpened up it's looks and already looks more F-100.

http://changshuyaozhai.com/2017-ford-ranger/2017-ford-ranger-water-test/

#34 · (Edited)
^ it could be that with Tacoma starting at $24k and almost 100k more in sales that #2 Colorado starting at $20k, Ford could undercut the price of Tacoma while being right above Colorado.

2016 had over 400k midsize truck sales.

2017 Ranger really sharpened up it's looks and already looks more F-100.

http://changshuyaozhai.com/2017-ford-ranger/2017-ford-ranger-water-test/
Don't forget that the Tacoma entry point is a Super cab, (not single cab), so perhaps my suggested
Ranger pricing is on the money...I doubt that Ford would get many takers for a single cab Ranger,
it's more the bottom end of the market..

#37 ·
It could be that Ranger offering a 'regular' cab option along wit super and double, just as Ford offers the most configurations in trucks and vans, is what could give Ford another edge of the competition. Partly reaching the commercial market.

I see the big standard cab F-150s roaming around the community by the gas and power companies.

#38 · (Edited)
It could be that Ranger offering a 'regular' cab option along wit super and double, just as Ford offers the most configurations in trucks and vans, is what could give Ford another edge of the competition. Partly reaching the commercial market...
I wonder if a 'regular' cab Ranger might make a 2-door Bronco more possible AND VICE VERSA :nerd:

#44 · (Edited)
#45 · (Edited)
mainly to supply chop-donors >:)
cuz imho the other hemisphere gets a T6-update while we get an All-NEW T7
Is there any news report about Ford developing a US & Canada exclusive all-new T7?
According to Bill Ford... "The Ranger is coming back to North America in 2019 with unique front styling, engines and features".
Doesn't sound all-new to me, and isn't the 2020 Bronco and 2019 Ranger being developed by Ford Australia?
I doubt Ford would ditch a less than decade old pickup chassis.
Ford has a tendency to keep chassis and basic body architectures for a decade or more like the last North American Ranger, the 11th&12th gen F-series, and the outgoing Expedition.

&BUT
to ask without gooogling:
is that rear door window bigger than I've seen before?
...OR is the "c-pillar" narrower?​
This one is just a refresh, looks like it has new bumpers and an Everest style grille.

PS: I also remember in some forums (not sure if it was here) some people were saying that the US & Canada would get an all-new EcoSport, and what they unveiled turned out to be a refresh.

#48 ·

Ford already markets the F-150 and Ranger side by side in other markets...
Yep Mexico and just like that picture shows the F-150 is called the Lobo there.

#51 · (Edited)
oh! interesting ^ :thumb:
those weren't there this afternoon

also
the Ad no longer comes up AT ALL when I google "Ford Ranger"**

edit/tho
one for the Bronco still did - but went to HERE

** sundae update
the Ranger ad from Ford.com is back - tho goes to general vehicle lineup
the Bronco ad still points to Media.Ford.com

Attachments

#54 ·
OFFICIAL 2019 Ford Ranger WEBSITE

just a matter of DAYS now ... like a thousand or so

Off-the-grid adventures are just down the road
Or around the lake. Or on the trail. Or up the mountain. And here comes the capability to
do them right: The all-new Ford Ranger. Ford is bringing back the Ranger pickup to its
vehicle lineup in 2019. So, line up your boards, your bikes, your coolers and your
carabiners. And gear up for the newest way to be Built Ford Tough.®

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.