Ford Inside News banner

21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Earlier this week, Volvo kicked off one of the most enigmatic pre-show teaser campaigns in the automotive industry we’ve ever seen. Prior to the Los Angeles Auto Show, the Swedish manufacturer showed us a phone sitting inside one of the brand's vehicles and a parcel, and it turns out there’s a pretty good explanation for that.

Apparently, Volvo is not going to bring any cars to the event and is proudly announcing this will be a world-first exhibition of that kind. Instead of showing vehicles to media and visitors, the marque will “demonstrate its vision, redefining what a car can be.” While this is a pretty vague statement, Volvo says it is reflecting the changes in the automotive industry.

Then, what are we going to see on Volvo’s stand? Well, that’s not completely clear, but there will be “a number of interactive demonstrations of connectivity services, such as in-car delivery, car sharing,” as well as the firm's vision for autonomous driving. A central part of the brand’s exhibition will be a “This Is Not A Car” statement.

“By calling the trade show Automobility LA, the organizers have recognized the disruption affecting our industry,” Marten Levenstam, responsible for product strategy at Volvo Cars, commented. “We want to demonstrate that we got the memo and start a conversation about the future of automobility. So instead of bringing a concept car, we talk about the concept of a car.”

Volvo is apparently well aware it won’t win the “car of the show” award, but it’s pretty okay with that, because, in the eyes of the Swedish company, this is no longer “a car show.”

“Our industry is changing,” added Hakan Samuelsson, CEO of Volvo. “Rather than just building and selling cars, we will really provide our customers with the freedom to move in a personal, sustainable and safe way.”

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Earlier this week, Volvo kicked off one of the most enigmatic pre-show teaser campaigns in the automotive industry we’ve ever seen. Prior to the Los Angeles Auto Show, the Swedish manufacturer showed us a phone sitting inside one of the brand's vehicles and a parcel, and it turns out there’s a pretty good explanation for that.

Apparently, Volvo is not going to bring any cars to the event and is proudly announcing this will be a world-first exhibition of that kind. Instead of showing vehicles to media and visitors, the marque will “demonstrate its vision, redefining what a car can be.” While this is a pretty vague statement, Volvo says it is reflecting the changes in the automotive industry.

Then, what are we going to see on Volvo’s stand? Well, that’s not completely clear, but there will be “a number of interactive demonstrations of connectivity services, such as in-car delivery, car sharing,” as well as the firm's vision for autonomous driving. A central part of the brand’s exhibition will be a “This Is Not A Car” statement.

“By calling the trade show Automobility LA, the organizers have recognized the disruption affecting our industry,” Marten Levenstam, responsible for product strategy at Volvo Cars, commented. “We want to demonstrate that we got the memo and start a conversation about the future of automobility. So instead of bringing a concept car, we talk about the concept of a car.”

Volvo is apparently well aware it won’t win the “car of the show” award, but it’s pretty okay with that, because, in the eyes of the Swedish company, this is no longer “a car show.”

“Our industry is changing,” added Hakan Samuelsson, CEO of Volvo. “Rather than just building and selling cars, we will really provide our customers with the freedom to move in a personal, sustainable and safe way.”

I don´t care what Volvo will show, if it is not a car. I want a car, a car that I can own. I want my car. I want to drive my car, by myself. And I want my new car with that characteristic "new car odor" (the chinese customers don´t like it... go to he-l!). I´m a car guy, and Volvo is taking a direction that is going far from what I want. So, I don´t care Volvo!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I don´t care what Volvo will show, if it is not a car. I want a car, a car that I can own. I want my car. I want to drive my car, by myself. And I want my new car with that characteristic "new car odor" (the chinese customers don´t like it... go to he-l!). I´m a car guy, and Volvo is taking a direction that is going far from what I want. So, I don´t care Volvo!
Yeah I really dont get them going to an auto show and not showing an auto lol. Was hoping they would show the S40/V40, but nope, just mobility crap.

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
In 2 days we will see the most important vehicle for Lincoln. It must be the best seller of the line.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Do we know if they will do a kind of 'midnight release' or are we looking at the show itself?

Reactions: pffan1990

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Also curious if the Aviator will get a Head Up Display like the Navi and Conti. I certainly hope so...

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Do we know if they will do a kind of 'midnight release' or are we looking at the show itself?
I'm assuming the embargo breaks at midnight tomorrow evening.

Also curious if the Aviator will get a Head Up Display like the Navi and Conti. I certainly hope so...
I can't see why it wouldn't.

Hmm, interesting - the grille looks a bit different...

Maybe the BL version gets a special grille?
Yeah, this is the "standard" star mesh. That could be - BL gets the fading star insert as a way to differentiate them.

Reactions: LincolnFanFl

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
The Genesis G90 without camo..... Please....please....cover it!! Please.... This car is sooo ugly....is emetic! :yikes:

The grille is horrible, the extrange bar across the front fender is absurd, the extrange curve downward at the rear is unpleasant...those Oldsmobile tailligths, the wheels!!!!! The wheels are ridiculous!!!!! The worst design in years! The interior looks like its come from another automaker.. is good, looks very good and luxurious. But, if you want to own one of this cars because you like the interior, you will need to approach with your eyes closed to enter without seeing the outside

Here the pics (I warn, look at your own risk!):

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
2019 Honda Passport Is Here To Fill The Gap Between The CR-V And Pilot

Set to go on sale early next year, the Passport is billed as larger and more rugged than the CR-V but sportier and more compact than the Pilot. As a result, the model promises to provide a unique combination of “on-road driving refinement and off-road adventure capability.”

more at: https://www.carscoops.com/2018/11/2019-honda-passport-fill-gap-cr-v-pilot/

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
21 - 40 of 85 Posts