Ford Inside News banner

1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
None of the big autosites are showing this yet, i guess the embargo for them hasn't ended yet. Again I'm surprised, this looks better than the original, better than the Mkc refresh, and definitely more luxurious. I'm happy they didn't hold off on a refresh for another 2 years and did it now. I know this caused Lincoln(ford) some money to do this refresh so soon only 2 years after the former MKX debut.

On a side note, Lincoln has to have more in store than a refresh and a name change for the show. They could've debut the MKC and MKX at the same time without the hoopla!

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
come on FL, did you really expect more?

I am not sure about the name but is looks ok IMO, it got the Conti front!
I actually like the updated chrome trim around light bar it adds a layer of detail. Can't wait for higher res pics to drop

Reactions: Ed753

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
NAMES!!!!!!!!! :)
Exterior looks much better than the current MKX. A solid design!
Interior should have been re-engineered more.

Unlike the MKC, which has only a couple years before a redesign (2020/21 MY), this will need to carry through until 2022/23MY.

Reactions: iculookn

·
Registered
546 Posts
Bummer. Love the name. But they also need a concept to let people know where they're headed. Hopefully they'll do something tomorrow at the presser, because I don't know if that counts as a world debut. Hey, look, we refreshed and renamed the same car you can buy now!

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
NAMES!!!!!!!!! :)
Exterior looks much better than the current MKX. A solid design!
Interior should have been re-engineered more.

Unlike the MKC, which has only a couple years before a redesign (2020/21 MY), this will need to carry through until 2022/23MY.
There are a couple of things I caught in the video

Wireless charging pad in the center console now
Instrument cluster is one big LCD screen now like the Navigator
Continental Steering wheel

But I agree I still think the MKX/Nautilus could use more wood on the interior for more warmth.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
Efff it, I might be spilling some beans here, but I am tired of the big nothing burgers we get from my employer lately so I don’t care…...
Ok, so we all know that Ford/ Lincoln has been creating a new platform that will accommodate RWD and underpin several vehicles. It is absolutely real, because I have seen the products in testing. I believe we all know that there is an Explorer based SUV coming for Lincoln as well, which would surely benefit from said new platform. So when I heard Lincoln wanted a dress rehearsal for the LA show, I thought to myself…self, this is probably the big reveal for a new SUV vehicle and thus a new platform too. But that appears not to be the case. If you think about it, a new RWD platform is pretty big news that underscores a new direction for the brands, so how best to reveal would be the question. The answer I thought was the so called Aviator. But that appears to be too timid an introduction, yet another SUV, shared with their bread and butter Explorer. I think I will now conclude that Lincoln (and Ford) have some bigger news awaiting us at NAIAS and/ or Chicago, as this was not the right time. Besides that, any MKC and MKX/ Nautilus intro would have been completely ignored. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Efff it, I might be spilling some beans here, but I am tired of the big nothing burgers we get from my employer lately so I don’t care…...
Ok, so we all know that Ford/ Lincoln has been creating a new platform that will accommodate RWD and underpin several vehicles. It is absolutely real, because I have seen the products in testing. I believe we all know that there is an Explorer based SUV coming for Lincoln as well, which would surely benefit from said new platform. So when I heard Lincoln wanted a dress rehearsal for the LA show, I thought to myself…self, this is probably the big reveal for a new SUV vehicle and thus a new platform too. But that appears not to be the case. If you think about it, a new RWD platform is pretty big news that underscores a new direction for the brands, so how best to reveal would be the question. The answer I thought was the so called Aviator. But that appears to be too timid an introduction, yet another SUV, shared with their bread and butter Explorer. I think I will now conclude that Lincoln (and Ford) have some bigger news awaiting us at NAIAS and/ or Chicago, as this was not the right time. Besides that, any MKC and MKX/ Nautilus intro would have been completely ignored. Fingers crossed.
Lincoln fans should be the saddest fan in the world. We are in an eternal wait for something big to happen ... and it never happens

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I am not a big fan of red but that red interior is gorgeous, love the red steering wheel.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
This looks so much better and more expensive, so nice job Lincoln! Also love that they're bringing names back and look forward to the day when no alphanumerics remain in the lineup! I like that it has a baby Navigator nose with similar headlights and the lower eyelash, and not a tall Continental nose.

Like most I'm disappointed we didn't get a peak at something new, but then we all knew the odds they'd introduce something new outside of New York or Detroit was almost non-existent.

Can't end without some negativity, I absolutely hate those Black Label turbine wheels, hate them! They look okay on the Continental, ridiculous on the Navigator, and bad on the Nautilus.

1 - 20 of 185 Posts