Ford Inside News banner

141 - 160 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got better after the 13 MKZ

It looked hideous on the first and second MKT, second MKS and 2010 MKZ

The only split grille I liked from the first iteration was on the first gen MKS.

I agree. The restyled MKS & MKT were horrible. To me though the 2016 MKX was the home run that is the most beautiful example of the split wing grille.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I thought the first gen MKS grille was excellent. In fact, while others will ridicule me for saying this, I think the first gen MKS was far more stylish than the current Continental.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,933 Posts
I thought the first gen MKS grille was excellent. In fact, while others will ridicule me for saying this, I think the first gen MKS was far more stylish than the current Continental.
I was always a fan of the first MKS and I have actually said here before, that I thought it was more stylish than new Conti.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
If only they took a few inches out of it's beltline it would have been drop dead gorgeous!

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
not disagreeing:
CanNot wait to see the MKS in person in a few days!
Think a snap judgement would really be missing the point of the MKS - there's a whole lot going on in its styling, yet it's all subtle...
Another thing is its Size. I know how big the Taurus/Sable is & the MKS is longer, wider, & I think lower
but
I have No idea from the photos.
||: CanNot wait to see the MKS in person in a few days :||

edit: had to add,
I think the MKS is really going to turn heads.
edit2:
just saw a comment elsewhere that gave me the proper words,
Quietly Glamorous :)
Natural-Ebony (chop, pre-[BL] ...loooong before!)
[img odd that photobucket showed the chop, but attached anyway /img]
had to use a diff pic, so diff lighting
entire armrest is Natural, carpet is still black but brightened the woodtrim on this one
definitely my favorite combo
LOTS of *stuff* in a very old FiN/FomocoNews thread, circa MKS launch
...tho I'm very much a silver-car lover & also love TuxedoBlack & InkBlue (DON'T judge from pix!),
think Lincoln needs one more color-at-intro for the MKS;
something like a 'PhantomGray'

(closest realworld color imho was the TitaniumGrey Mazda intro'ed the Mazda3 with - just take out the purple tinge)
...still figuring out a possible 'nother' interior color to reco (leaning towards NaturalBrown/Adobe/Terracotta)
tho think
-- the MKS wasn't as fully developed as it could've been due to combining what were originally meant to be 2 models, a sporty D385 & a larger,LUXer E386, into one compromise
-- tho do think styling trends have moved on / MKS was a creation of the pre-Recession esthetics
:nerd:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,933 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
I was just thinking this exact thing. The Nautilus looks great; and that red interior is absolutely stunning. If Lincoln is putting this much effort into the Navigator and MCE's I can't wait to see their next gen products (Avi, MKC, MKZ etc.). But I do think the Nautilus should have received the 3.0, that's the only "letdown".
I think the 2.3EB should've been the base engine too, or at least standard on a upper trim. 2.0 is weak for this size vehicle.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Thank god it's only coming out in my left ear :facepalm:

I noticed but I am not sure if anyone else did that the review mirror is frameless. It's mentioned here in the debut. I wonder if the rest will get this quickly or if they will have to wait for refreshes.
Yup, I noticed the rearview mirror in pictures.

·
Registered
750 Posts
My sister drove a Platinum a couple of weeks back, she loved it. Said it blew her Expedition away. She gets her new one(I think it’s just a Fx4) pretty soon.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I liked the new front in pics but it’s awkward and looks cobbled together in that vid. And wireless charging, frameless mirror and rear camera washer are newsworthy? Lincoln continues to be several years behind the leaders sadly. I can’t wait to see a navigator in person. Hopefully it’s impressive looking otherwise it’ll be another continental.

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
...I do think the Nautilus should have received the 3.0, that's the only "letdown".
I wonder if the 3.0 is supply restricted right now? So they'll just wait a model year and pair it with the new 8/9 speed?...
I think the 2.3EB should've been the base engine too, or at least standard on a upper trim. 2.0 is weak for this size vehicle.
I tend to think the same-size-Cuv (ex: midsize) needs more OR At Least As Much power as the equivalent-size SEDAN
so
if the MKZ has the 3.0 (it does, as DriversPkg), then the top nautiLUX needs that too = minimum.
Conversely
I've been ranting 4-EVAH! that the Z needs both it's 2.0s replaced by the 2.3 (&or maybe the 1.5T for the Hybrid & an mkZ-ENergi !! )
I agree the 2.0 does NOT belong in the 'v.f.k.a.X' in ANY trim (just will NOT believe the 2.3 couldn't tuned/setup for MPG equal the 2.0)

sorta interesting that with the Navi getting the 3.5T-H.O as std, the next size down = eventual Aviator kinda HAS TO get the 3.0T(/2.7T ?) on ALL trim levels
& if the 3.7v6 is gone,
I wonder if the 3.3v6 would suffice (haven't paid enuf attention)(maybe with Hybrid extra-hp?) or if the 2.7T could get a high-econ/lo-pressure tune? (like Volvo used to do when under the FORD thumb...
...on the Ford teat)
:angel

...the issue I’ve run into is that during a snowstorm the LEDs generate such little heat that the headlights easily become covered (assuming Ice/Snow) and your visibility is hampered by this. Washers would help minimize this or they could at least put some type of heat screen on the headlights.
:thumb: never thought of that :surprise2:

·
Mercury C557
22,734 Posts
^ I really agree with All your points, Assimilator... (where'd it go?) ...except the somewhat negative-sounding conclusion.

DO wish they'd've done more:
- esp the rocker & cladding on the outSIDES, &
- the interior bits, esp TRIM, for the console/dash INside
actually MOVING the trim FROM (the sides of] the console TO (its top & to) the dash
( + adding HUD
a stick-on/stick-up like others = ok )

...Zero interest in buying this one.
afaik, since this IS afterall just a moderate MCE;
there could be an all new middie-Cuv for Lincoln around the time your new lease expires...

...well, prolley some months AFTER your lease expires considering your previous "luck"
:angel

·
Registered
273 Posts
I think the new Nautilus is gorgeous and I can't wait to see it at the LA Auto Show this week! I agree with a few negative points, I wish they would have done something about the black lower cladding, and also upgraded the center console material to something a little bit classier. I like the metal finish they have in the MKZ. But overall, I know this is just a heavy refresh, and I can't wait until all future all-new Lincolns will be similar to the new Navigator when it comes to interior refinement .

·
Registered
10,933 Posts
I liked the new front in pics but it’s awkward and looks cobbled together in that vid. And wireless charging, frameless mirror and rear camera washer are newsworthy? Lincoln continues to be several years behind the leaders sadly. I can’t wait to see a navigator in person. Hopefully it’s impressive looking otherwise it’ll be another continental.
So you are really concerned about Navigator huh!
Don't sweat it. Cadillac is years behind it.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I liked the new front in pics but it’s awkward and looks cobbled together in that vid. And wireless charging, frameless mirror and rear camera washer are newsworthy? Lincoln continues to be several years behind the leaders sadly.
Who do you consider to be the leaders? Serious question. Because the Europeans do some things better, but they have issues the automotive media tends to gloss over.

141 - 160 of 185 Posts